Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: Chattanooga
Date: January 28th, 2023

Time: 4:00 PM

Opponent: Chattanooga (11-11, 3-6 SoCon)

Place: Freedom Hall (6,149)

Television: Nexstar

Webcast: ESPN+ *(subscription)

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

UTC 2022-2023 Schedule

UTC 2022-2023 Roster

UTC Message Board
01-27-2023 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Purdue, ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: Chattanooga
I wonder if we'll draw 3,000 tomorrow. We certainly have an unhappy fan base - or maybe just apathetic.
01-27-2023 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
This did not decide the game. That, apparently, happened a couple of years ago. However, the officiating crew that was on the floor this afternoon appeared to be the most "Southern Conference" referees that I have seen in a quite a while. Haynes is beaten and pushed around under the basket time and again without a call and a simple body up at the other end is called a foul. I suppose there should be some comfort in seeing that old standards are still respected.
01-28-2023 05:59 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: Chattanooga
Puke. Most ridiculous part of the game was when King ripped the ball away from Hairston. The guy is selfish. Just like I thought it was ridiculous how he congratulated himself on 1000 points on Twitter. We just need to start over.
01-28-2023 06:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Same ol **** different day.
01-28-2023 06:22 PM
Advertisement

GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-27-2023 06:04 PM)frankenheimer Wrote:  I wonder if we'll draw 3,000 tomorrow. We certainly have an unhappy fan base - or maybe just apathetic.

The attendance was excellent considering we are in the middle of a historic home losing streak and are guaranteed a losing record.
01-28-2023 06:24 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(01-28-2023 06:22 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  Same ol **** different day.

Ditto
01-28-2023 06:45 PM
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

listening to Oliver the last couple of weeks while I am still not convinced how good a coach he is or will be I will say I think he has definitely seen and realized his back court is incredibly soft and I will give him credit for going out and addressing the weakest link from last year no size or bulk inside he said that was his priority and what he needed to go get and he added haynes and Josh Taylor so if he does the same for his backcourt and just gets some more physically hard-nosed kids maybe there's hope but he's not going to win much with our guard play and I'm talking about their talent and skill level and just their makeup again not sure how good a coach he is or will be but listening to him I think he is smart enough to see what's missing and what they don't have and one other thing I'd like to ask what kind of assistants does he have? There are plenty of good head coaches who schematically werent that strong but they had good guys on the bench helping them in those areas I wonder if he has that kind of coaching staff on his bench
01-28-2023 07:45 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
Arguably this is probably the lowest level of talent since the early Dechellis days. Collectively, I believe Oliver is getting about as much as he can from the players given the weaknesses of his team.
01-28-2023 08:01 PM
Advertisement

frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

Well, the announced attendance was 3,900. The energy in the building was good, not great.

We just didn't have anyone that could hit a shot when we needed it, outside of Haynes. I love Jaden's effort and energy, but he misses short makeable shots. I thought the shot selection on 3s was good overall, but we couldn't sink them. It felt like we had more than 8 TOs but that's what the box score says and that's a plus. Free throws were perfect. If the offense was simply decent, not even good, we might have a win.
01-28-2023 08:03 PM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

A lot to like about today's performance, but I think the game was lost due to poor transition defense. Far too often, the Bucs were slow to get back, and time after time the Mocs capitalized by sinking wide open transition 3s. Hard to say, but it looked like the team was unprepared for this aspect of the Mocs' attack. No excuse for that.

Once again, no Tipler. It would come as no surprise if he's gone for good. Justice Smith subbed out with 3:22 left in the first half and never saw the floor again. This is similar to what happened in the previous game. Something's going on with him.
01-28-2023 09:45 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I don’t have much to add other than the JC Press recap article said smith was dealing with a respiratory illness. With that aside, he doesn’t seem to be himself since Hairstons emergence. You’d think that would motivate him more. Who knows
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2023 11:10 PM by Buc'ed_Up.)
01-28-2023 11:04 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(01-28-2023 09:45 PM)Flippmb Wrote:  A lot to like about today's performance, but I think the game was lost due to poor transition defense. Far too often, the Bucs were slow to get back, and time after time the Mocs capitalized by sinking wide open transition 3s. Hard to say, but it looked like the team was unprepared for this aspect of the Mocs' attack. No excuse for that.

Once again, no Tipler. It would come as no surprise if he's gone for good. Justice Smith subbed out with 3:22 left in the first half and never saw the floor again. This is similar to what happened in the previous game. Something's going on with him.
Smith was sick and hadn’t even practiced the previous two days. Tried but couldn’t go.
01-28-2023 11:10 PM
Advertisement

buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

does anyone else notice that every team we play knocks down more threes than we do and most of the time it's because they are shooting wide-open? They move the ball they make our defense move that's why they are wide open we do absolutely nothing on offense so we don't even get good looks at three even if we had good shooters it's a struggle for us to even get a clean shot off because we don't run anything or make the defense do anything
01-29-2023 12:34 AM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

(01-28-2023 11:04 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  I don’t have much to add other than the JC Press recap article said smith was dealing with a respiratory illness. With that aside, he doesn’t seem to be himself since Hairstons emergence. You’d think that would motivate him more. Who knows
If Smith is really sick, that would completely explain his absence; however, given the reduced minutes in other games and the blow up in the one game, questions about yesterday's minutes are certainly warranted.

With Tipler and Taylor gone, there are plenty of minutes available for the taking. As far as on-court, what other motivation would a player need?
01-29-2023 06:38 AM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

(01-28-2023 11:10 PM)BucDoctor Wrote:  Smith was sick and hadn’t even practiced the previous two days. Tried but couldn’t go.

Sounds strange to say it, but I'm glad to hear this is the reason.
01-29-2023 08:49 AM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

(01-29-2023 06:38 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  With Tipler and Taylor gone, there are plenty of minutes available for the taking. As far as on-court, what other motivation would a player need?

I do not see the same fire in him as I see in Hairston. He often gets dejected when things arent going his way and it shows in his body language. Just my observations
01-29-2023 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.