Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Larry Knight New DL Coach
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
Larry Knight New DL Coach
Ga native, CMU alum coming from Ga Tech to fill Coach Kul's position.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023 02:57 PM by Boca Rocket.)
01-25-2023 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rockytop Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Larry Knight New DL Coach
Excellent recruiter. There is lots of talent in GA.

What happened to Coach kool. Seems hush hush.
01-25-2023 03:26 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
01-25-2023 05:11 PM
Advertisement

Nick in Cleveland Offline
1st String

01-25-2023 05:40 PM
Nick in Cleveland Offline
1st String

New special teams coach from football scoop

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-s...nton-weber
01-25-2023 05:41 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

DL Coach: GTech's defensive rankings a bit better than their overall rankings. Honestly, he may have a better time recruiting up here than in that feeding fest area.

Special Teams Coordinator: Great! This area of the game's affects hit way above its clock weight. This makes sense to me. Can't ask for a much better coaching tree. Snyder as much as anyone knew how to win with less.

These and healthy and deep OL may give Coach Candle what he needs to make a display in the OOC (if he actually HAD an OOC) and avoid the upsets in Conference.

Illinois' coaching staff moved to Purdue. San Jose is a big step down from San Diego. And then the two FCS games. There's a legit shot at 4-0 OOC.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023 05:56 PM by eastisbest.)
01-25-2023 05:54 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-25-2023 05:54 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  DL Coach: GTech's defensive rankings a bit better than their overall rankings. Honestly, he may have a better time recruiting up here than in that feeding fest area.

Special Teams Coordinator: Great! This area of the game's affects hit way above its clock weight. This makes sense to me. Can't ask for a much better coaching tree. Snyder as much as anyone knew how to win with less.

These and healthy and deep OL may give Coach Candle what he needs to make a display in the OOC (if he actually HAD an OOC) and avoid the upsets in Conference.

Illinois' coaching staff moved to Purdue. San Jose is a big step down from San Diego. And then the two FCS games. There's a legit shot at 4-0 OOC.

Hate the two FCS teams on the schedule. What a waste, was hoping the new AD would cancel the UMass series. Illinois has to be a must-win game for UT. Haven’t taken down a P5 since 2015. Need national respect and need it now with Candle. A great game plan well executed should do it with the talent he has returning.
01-25-2023 08:59 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2023 08:59 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(01-25-2023 05:54 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  DL Coach: GTech's defensive rankings a bit better than their overall rankings. Honestly, he may have a better time recruiting up here than in that feeding fest area.

Hate the two FCS teams on the schedule. What a waste, was hoping the new AD would cancel the UMass series. Illinois has to be a must-win game for UT. Haven’t taken down a P5 since 2015. Need national respect and need it now with Candle. A great game plan well executed should do it with the talent he has returning.

I agree. I like the Texas game, not the UMass game. Illinois was improving. I guess we'll see how much of that defense was Bielema and how much the coach that moved to Purdue.
01-25-2023 09:59 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-25-2023 08:59 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Hate the two FCS teams on the schedule. What a waste, was hoping the new AD would cancel the UMass series. Illinois has to be a must-win game for UT. Haven’t taken down a P5 since 2015. Need national respect and need it now with Candle. A great game plan well executed should do it with the talent he has returning.

It isn't 2015 anymore, right? Illinois went 8-5 last year and lost to Michigan by 2. (I know, we're 1-0 against Michigan, but it isn't 2008 anymore either..) We won't have the talent or depth to last against a team like that. Not today.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023 02:49 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
01-26-2023 02:42 AM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-26-2023 02:42 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  
(01-25-2023 08:59 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Hate the two FCS teams on the schedule. What a waste, was hoping the new AD would cancel the UMass series. Illinois has to be a must-win game for UT. Haven’t taken down a P5 since 2015. Need national respect and need it now with Candle. A great game plan well executed should do it with the talent he has returning.

It isn't 2015 anymore, right? Illinois went 8-5 last year and lost to Michigan by 2. (I know, we're 1-0 against Michigan, but it isn't 2008 anymore either..) We won't have the talent or depth to last against a team like that.

Don't forget, we were 3-8 in 2008 against Michigan - who was also 3-8 under RichRod. Carty Finkbeiner was an assistant coach at UM that year even though he was based entirely out of the city of Toledo.

Since we won the MAC in 2022 and Michigan won the Big Ten, we are still on par with them. So, I think its safe to say we will beat Illinois by 2 - maybe 3 since we won our bowl game and Michigan lost theirs. And of course, can't overlook the fact we've beaten Bielema in the only game we played against him. So a 4 point win for the Rockets. Yeah, that's the ticket... and Morgan Fairchild agrees with me...
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023 07:55 AM by MotoRocket.)
01-26-2023 07:53 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2023 02:42 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  

It isn't 2015 anymore, right? Illinois went 8-5 last year and lost to Michigan by 2. (I know, we're 1-0 against Michigan, but it isn't 2008 anymore either..) We won't have the talent or depth to last against a team like that.

Ah true but they went 8-5 with the coaches that are no longer there. Those coaches left late in the coach hiring season. I'm not sure Bielema had a whole lot to pick from.
01-26-2023 09:22 AM
IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

(01-25-2023 09:59 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(01-25-2023 08:59 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

I agree. I like the Texas game, not the UMass game. Illinois was improving. I guess we'll see how much of that defense was Bielema and how much the coach that moved to Purdue.

Toledo is 1-0 vs Bielema. I like our chances.

I love the move to get a dedicated special teams coach. Long overdo and we seem to have hired a good one.

Both hires look good on paper.

Go Rockets!
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023 11:41 AM by IamN2daRockets!.)
01-26-2023 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.