Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kuligowski?
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Exclamation Kuligowski?
Is no longer listed on the on-line roster of coaches. News?
01-22-2023 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

RE: Kuligowski?
Oh, Oh ?
01-22-2023 07:51 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Hmmm...just 4 days ago he posted on instagram about how it was a good year - being inducting into the Varisty T HoF, winning MACC, and winning Boca Bowl.

And nothing on his twitter about losing his job/getting a new job. https://twitter.com/LetsMeetAtTheQB

01-22-2023 08:23 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Crucial loss what the heck happened?? Yet Hallet is still on staff...
01-22-2023 09:13 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The UT jobs board lists an opening for a FB assistant, but doesn't list a position. Also listed an athletic dept. senior administrator which I believe is the senior women's position.
01-22-2023 09:23 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(01-22-2023 09:13 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Crucial loss what the heck happened?? Yet Hallet is still on staff...

Maybe he has decided, after 30 years of coaching, to hang it up. WOuldn't be a bad way to go out - being inducted into the HoF, winning MACC, and winning a bowl game.
01-22-2023 09:29 PM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

I can't believe he is done coaching elsewhere ? I hope he recommends his successor at UT.
01-22-2023 09:36 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2023 09:36 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  I can't believe he is done coaching elsewhere ? I hope he recommends his successor at UT.

Could be wrong, but I believe his family still lives in Florida.
01-23-2023 06:42 AM
IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

I listened to him on several podcasts and his love for UT was certainly evident.

Sorry to see him go. I thought he was a leader on the staff.

I'm not sure how strong our staff rates collectively. I'm sure he will be hard to replace based on experience and passion.

Assistant coaching is one tough gig. Even if I had the required skills I still couldn't handle all the constant change and pressure. Coaching is a calling. Guys love the game.
01-23-2023 09:08 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Kuligowski?
I'm guessing on the admin job, my first guess would be Kelly Andrew's through retirement. She's been there long enough to retire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023 09:58 PM by emanoh.)
01-23-2023 11:14 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

The Senior Associate AD job that is posted says they will oversee Football and Women's Basketball, and be COO for the department and oversee NIL stuff. WBB & FB is an unusual combination, but perhaps they want to combine the two of the flagship programs under a high level person. Andrews currently oversees the 10 women's programs, so they must be reorganizing somewhat.
01-23-2023 11:37 AM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Do we know for sure if Kuligowski has left or is leaving.
01-23-2023 08:55 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

Welp, now we know why...

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/ut/20...230125145/

Quote:And, according to three people familiar with the situation, the termination stems from an incident during Toledo’s trip to Florida for the Boca Raton Bowl last month.

Kuligowski was drinking in the hospitality suite one night at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, sources said, when he spotted and verbally harassed a female UT staffer who earlier in the year had reported him for allegedly making an inappropriate comment. (There is no record of the previous allegation in the personnel file.)
01-25-2023 07:48 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2023 07:48 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Welp, now we know why...

Quote:And, according to three people familiar with the situation, the termination stems from an incident during Toledo’s trip to Florida for the Boca Raton Bowl last month.

Kuligowski was drinking in the hospitality suite one night at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, sources said, when he spotted and verbally harassed a female UT staffer who earlier in the year had reported him for allegedly making an inappropriate comment. (There is no record of the previous allegation in the personnel file.)

Womderful. Apparently UT learned nothing from the soccer and the XC coaches.
01-25-2023 08:03 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(01-25-2023 08:03 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

I'd say they clearly learned something since he was sent home ASAP and fired shortly thereafter.
01-25-2023 08:14 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2023 08:14 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

I'd say they clearly learned something since he was sent home ASAP and fired shortly thereafter.

Not if there was nothing in his file after the 1st incident.
01-25-2023 08:30 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Sounds like a went out drinking on bowl trip. Someone told HR. He accused them. Then boom.
This is a total speculation of the type of thing the wording said. Non retaliation agreement.
01-25-2023 09:06 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2023 08:30 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  
(01-25-2023 08:14 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Not if there was nothing in his file after the 1st incident.

Agree. If there was nothing in the file after the first incident, that's clearly the University "not learning." Even if it's minor, accepted, apologized for, or unresolved, there should have been mention in both employee's files.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023 09:56 PM by eastisbest.)
01-25-2023 09:53 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Kuligowski?
Man, what a way to go out in a ball of flames. I think we all loved that coach Kool came back to UT and even had hopes he'd maybe get a shot as the head ball coach someday...well not gonna happen now. I hope it wasn't a misunderstanding that went horribly wrong.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
01-25-2023 09:54 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2023 09:54 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Man, what a way to go out in a ball of flames. I think we all loved that coach Kool came back to UT and even had hopes he'd maybe get a shot as the head ball coach someday...well not gonna happen now. I hope it wasn't a misunderstanding that went horribly wrong.

Don't we all but it would seem he was clearly told his first comments were inappropriate and had clear instruction to let it go. THere's been enough time for the old boys to get the message it always was inappropriate. Even better if they actually come to believe that. If he confronted that person about it, he didn't get the messege very well in my opinion. It would appear the writers at duh'local didn't get it either.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023 10:53 PM by eastisbest.)
01-25-2023 10:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.