Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB vs Troy 1/21/23 4:00 PM ESPN+
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
WBB vs Troy 1/21/23 4:00 PM ESPN+
The Dukes have their final home game of the current four game homestand tomorrow at 4:00 PM vs Troy. The Dukes are coming off a hard fought 4 point loss to the Ga So Eagles this past Thursday. Was a very tough and physical game. Troy comes in on a 6 game winning streak at 11-7 overall and like JMU 6-1 in Conference. Should be another tough hard fought game. Very good rebounding team like GA So.

Hope to see a nice crowd ROOTIN!! Duke Dog Reading Day I believe also.

Hope Kiki is alright after that hard fall in Thursdays game.

Brian
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2023 08:08 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
01-20-2023 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
RE: WBB vs Troy 1/21/23 4:00 PM ESPN+
Time to start a new winning streak!!!
01-20-2023 06:34 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
That was pretty fierce. I am pleased with how our girls hung on against the constant onslaught from Troy but it sure was not an easy game. I think we will see them in the championship game and I hope we'll have an answer for that #3 by then. I don't know what the refs were thinking half the time--they let a lot of tripping and holding go on through the whole game. Also when the Troy coach ran onto the floor towards the end of the game she should have been T'd up. What was she doing? The quality of refereeing has not improved from the CAA to the Sun Belt, that's for sure.
We saw Kobe, Caroline, Miya, and Chloe at the restaurant we went to after the game. Complimented them on the win and got a nice thanks for coming out. Very nice young ladies.
01-21-2023 08:37 PM
Advertisement

Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Missed the game but wow. Good to get the close win against a good team.
01-22-2023 09:11 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Good win for the Dukes last night. Kiki was cold to start but finished strong and Peyton was on fire all game long. The Dukes held Troy about 10 under their rebounding average for the season and out rebounded them unlike the previous game vs Ga So. Game got a bit dicey at the end when #3 hit those two 3's in the last 15 seconds but the Dukes held on for the 1 pt win.

I must make a comment about the officiating for the last two games. Understanding it is a difficult job and we as fans in the stands don't always see exactly what is going on (although we believe we do!!) the officiating in the last two games has been abysmal at best. At times I was wondering what the zebras were watching as it clearly wasn't the game on the floor. There were so many instances of absolute hack jobs (and on both sides I will state) that were let go especially under the basket, and crappy little ticky tack fouls were called. Just plain no logic or consistency in the calls. Frankly I think the SBC should be embarrassed at the crummy level of their officials. And t seems to have gotten worse since the season started. OK off my soapbox and on to the next games.

Dukes are now 17-3 and 7-1 in conference. So Miss is also 7-1 but with the Dukes win over them they hold first place in the conference standings. Interesting 4 game road trip coming up with games at Coastal, Ga St, USA and Ga So. Wife and I are planning on going to all except the USA game. Good chance for the Dukes to solidify their lead in the conference but this will be a tough 4 game span.

I think we can all agree that the competition level in the SBC is much higher than it was for the vast majority of the games in the CAA. makes for very entertaining games. A a few heart stoppers also!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
01-22-2023 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.