Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FCS realignment if the C-USA had folded
andybible1995 Online
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
FCS realignment if the C-USA had folded
What if the C-USA had folded, and the FCS call-ups didn't move into the league and rather stayed where they were? Here's what some of the lineups would like if that had happened:

ASUN

Austin Peay
Central Arkansas
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
Kennesaw State
North Alabama

BSC/OVC

Charleston Southern
Eastern Illinois
Gardner-Webb
Lindenwood
Robert Morris
Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee State
Tennessee Tech
UT Martin
Western Illinois

CAA

Albany
Bryant
Campbell
Delaware
Elon
Hampton
Maine
Monmouth
North Carolina A&T
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Richmond
Stony Brook
Towson
Villanova
William & Mary

MVFC

Illinois State
Indiana State
Missouri State
Murray State
North Dakota
North Dakota State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota
South Dakota State
Southern Illinois
Youngstown State

WAC

Abilene Christian
Sam Houston
Stephen F. Austin
Southern Utah
Tarleton State
Utah Tech
UTRGV
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023 09:37 AM by andybible1995.)
01-17-2023 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: What if FCS realignment had been more aggressive?
Not going happen. NCAA does not want to kill off anymore conferences. We need to bring back all those defunct conferences.
01-17-2023 12:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ridge1982 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou and SLU
Lindenwood’s already in the OVC.
01-17-2023 01:22 PM
Advertisement

46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
If C-USA folded other than JMU nobody would be poached from FCS. I'd figure less realignment would happen. I would think if you want more expansion you would need to go the other way with C-USA jumping to 12-14 right away. You would also need the PAC 12 to add 4 MWC teams with them adding 4 WAC or Big Sky teams. This would be the only way FCS would get a huge D2 call up.
01-17-2023 01:42 PM
andybible1995 Online
All American

(01-17-2023 12:55 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Not going happen. NCAA does not want to kill off anymore conferences. We need to bring back all those defunct conferences.

Corruption, poor leadership, favoritism, and differing objectives is what led those conferences to become defunct in the first place.
01-18-2023 03:22 AM
Advertisement

andybible1995 Online
All American

(01-17-2023 01:22 PM)Ridge1982 Wrote:  Lindenwood’s already in the OVC.

This scenario implies that.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2023 06:31 AM by andybible1995.)
01-18-2023 03:23 AM
andybible1995 Online
All American

(01-17-2023 01:42 PM)46566 Wrote:  If C-USA folded other than JMU nobody would be poached from FCS. I'd figure less realignment would happen. I would think if you want more expansion you would need to go the other way with C-USA jumping to 12-14 right away. You would also need the PAC 12 to add 4 MWC teams with them adding 4 WAC or Big Sky teams. This would be the only way FCS would get a huge D2 call up.

I agree with you on JMU being the only team poached from the FCS. I disagree with you on less realignment at the FCS level. With one less FBS conference to upgrade to, realignment would have been more aggressive. The ASUN and the WAC sponsoring football gave disgruntled members of the OVC and the Southland a way out to get away from the poor leadership that was bringing the conference down. Unlike the MEAC however, the OVC and the Southland survive, but as shells of their former selves due to the poor leadership that caused those members to leave.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2023 04:17 AM by andybible1995.)
01-18-2023 03:48 AM
Advertisement

DFW HOYA Online
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(01-17-2023 08:27 AM)andybible1995 Wrote:  The Big Sky Conference, Patriot League, Pioneer League, and Southern Conference remain unchanged.

The Patriot League: the football conference no program wants to join.
01-18-2023 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andybible1995 Online
All American

(01-18-2023 12:18 PM)DFW HOYA Wrote:  
(01-17-2023 08:27 AM)andybible1995 Wrote:  The Big Sky Conference, Patriot League, Pioneer League, and Southern Conference remain unchanged.

The Patriot League: the football conference no program wants to join.

Howard would join if the CAA wasn't an option.
01-18-2023 03:54 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
We do have some schools that are interested in joining D1 that is not on the list.

New Haven got rejected from the NEC for a much smaller budget school of Stonehill.

Mercyhurst is looking to join D1. It is another Pensylvania school.

Columbus State said at one time that they could join D1 or start a football program. No news where that was going.

Augusta also said they thinking of going D1, but silence from them as well.

Augustana wants into the Summit League.

Le Moyne have been talked about.

Clark Atlanta was mentioned as a target for SWAC.

Tuskegee started to hint to go D1. They do get better crowds for football games against Alabama State and Alabama A&M.

Lincoln Memorial have been mentioned as a target for OVC and ASUN.

You also may have Angelo State, West Texas A&M and Midwestern State say why not D1?

Central Oklahoma officials have admitted that they are talking to three D1 conferences to join. They have not said they turned down the invite yet, but said that they need the money to move up, and boom, they got the donations to expand their football stadium to 12,000.

Colorado Mesa wanted to deny wanted D1, but I think they do want to go to D1. Growing population, and further away from the other D1 schools.

I got to wonder where Western Oregon, Western Washington and Central Washington want to go? They would love an invite to the Big Sky conference. Central Washington got money to upgrade their football stadium recently. Central Washington is also in one of the faster growing part of the state as well.

I do think the whole California public schools in D2 are big enough to upgrade as a whole to D1. Some of the D1 schools in MWC, Big Sky and MWC were members of that conference.

The problem I think is that none of the conferences will die. With all the athletes are now considered employees? I do think more schools in D1 will happen since I do not think the schools that already change conference will not go anywhere, and the rest of the MEAC, nobody wants. I could see Radford, High Point and Longwood will leave the Big South. I think if High Point adds football? They might get an invite to SoCon. Same with Bellarmine if they move their Sprint football to varsity like Post did? Than they go to SoCon. Bellarmine thinks of themselves as a southern school, not a Midwest school.
01-18-2023 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.