Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Championship Game......
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
Exclamation Championship Game......
Curious, as I'm ONLY a fan of Memphis....Was that game enjoyable for ANYONE 01-wingedeagle.....I REALLY feel that the SEC has made a tremendous mistake by adding TEXAS/OK to its "brand" league, with the assumption that these teams will bolster Ratings/Attention/Excitement....AAMOF, I have felt and stated that this will have a TOTALLY opposite effect as what is HOPED/PERCEIVED..... From my perspective, a team such as Memphis adds MORE value to the SEC based on several factors that we have already gone over here....

Assuming that bringing BIGXII teams over to the SEC will bolster their league is hookey pookey......Just doesn't translate the way they were planning.....

The SEC doesn't need the top of it's league bolstered, It needs the bottom of the league bolstered to become the cream of the crop......VANDY?KENTUCKY?MISSOU?SOUTH CAROLINA/MISS STATE
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023 11:29 AM by thagr82008.)
01-10-2023 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Championship Game......
What
01-10-2023 11:27 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-10-2023 11:22 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  Curious, as I'm ONLY a fan of Memphis....Was that game enjoyable for ANYONE 01-wingedeagle.....I REALLY feel that the SEC has made a tremendous mistake by adding TEXAS/OK to its "brand" league, with the assumption that these teams will bolster Ratings/Attention/Excitement....AAMOF, I have felt and stated that this will have a TOTALLY opposite effect as what is HOPED/PERCEIVED..... From my perspective, a team such as Memphis adds MORE value to the SEC based on several factors that we have already gone over here....

Assuming that bringing BIGXII teams over to the SEC will bolster their league is hookey pookey......Just doesn't translate the way they were planning.....

Didn’t watch 20 minutes.

My opinion is the series of decisions in general is perfect formula to destroy college football except for a small group of schools and fans
01-10-2023 11:28 AM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
I watched the Grizzlies game then turned off the TV. The final score was a little surprising when I saw it this morning.
01-10-2023 11:34 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
I just love the overreactions of the sports media and fans after the game. Now suddenly TCU had no business being in there while Bama and UT should. How quickly they forget how Ohio State led Georgia for nearly the entire game just a week earlier.
01-10-2023 11:36 AM
Advertisement

TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(01-10-2023 11:28 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  [quote='thagr82008' pid='18715120' dateline='1673367732']
Curious, as I'm ONLY a fan of Memphis....Was that game enjoyable for ANYONE 01-wingedeagle.....I REALLY feel that the SEC has made a tremendous mistake by adding TEXAS/OK to its "brand" league, with the assumption that these teams will bolster Ratings/Attention/Excitement....AAMOF, I have felt and stated that this will have a TOTALLY opposite effect as what is HOPED/PERCEIVED..... From my perspective, a team such as Memphis adds MORE value to the SEC based on several factors that we have already gone over here....

Didn’t watch 20 minutes.
en
My opinion is the series of decisions in general is perfect formula to destroy college football except for a small group of schools and fans

What gibberish ???
I watched the entire game and I totally loved the way Georgia handed that big 12 team their azz in a handbasket. Complete domination over the big 12 champ. In my opinion it could not have happened to a more deserving over rated conference than the big 12.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023 06:58 AM by TIGERBUDDY.)
01-11-2023 06:54 AM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
There are only about a 12-13 programs that matter, the rest are just fillers.
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. Michigan
5. Oklahoma
6. USC
7. LSU
8. Clemson
9 Penn State
10. Texas & only because of TV sets in the state of TX
11. Notre Dame
12. Florida
13. Oregon

Since the playoff was put into place, only six schools have managed to win a game… TCU, Oregon, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia & Alabama

College football is fools gold for 90% of the 135 FBS teams. Some schools would do better to invest in lottery tickets.
01-11-2023 07:47 AM
MemphisFootballFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
TCU was a Group of 5 team 11 years ago. Football matters so much more than anything else.

The team’s incredible season has already impacted the school in a positive way — Cinderella seasons yielding increases in donations, ticket sales, and merchandise purchases are only the tip of the iceberg.

The school estimates it has earned $2.5 billion in media exposure, according to ESPN.
Incoming TCU president Daniel Pullin told local reporters applications are also up, as well as web traffic.
In the long run, the football team’s prowess could even help entice top-rated professors — a phenomenon other university presidents have confirmed.
“There is really not a corner of our university that isn’t benefiting right now,” Pullin said.

https://frontofficesports.com/tcu-nation...mpionship/
01-11-2023 08:25 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
Wonder how enrollment interest is doing AFTER the beatdown... seriously, you got to wonder how that was even possible. Given the fact that they beat Michigan, Michigan beat Ohio state, and Ohio State nearly beat Georgia, I know the transitive property is not perfect, but damn. They closer than that!
01-11-2023 08:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(01-11-2023 08:25 AM)MemphisFootballFan Wrote:  TCU was a Group of 5 team 11 years ago. Football matters so much more than anything else.

The team’s incredible season has already impacted the school in a positive way — Cinderella seasons yielding increases in donations, ticket sales, and merchandise purchases are only the tip of the iceberg.

The school estimates it has earned $2.5 billion in media exposure, according to ESPN.
Incoming TCU president Daniel Pullin told local reporters applications are also up, as well as web traffic.
In the long run, the football team’s prowess could even help entice top-rated professors — a phenomenon other university presidents have confirmed.
“There is really not a corner of our university that isn’t benefiting right now,” Pullin said.

NICE 04-cheers
01-11-2023 08:39 AM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(01-10-2023 11:22 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  Curious, as I'm ONLY a fan of Memphis....Was that game enjoyable for ANYONE 01-wingedeagle.....I REALLY feel that the SEC has made a tremendous mistake by adding TEXAS/OK to its "brand" league, with the assumption that these teams will bolster Ratings/Attention/Excitement....AAMOF, I have felt and stated that this will have a TOTALLY opposite effect as what is HOPED/PERCEIVED..... From my perspective, a team such as Memphis adds MORE value to the SEC based on several factors that we have already gone over here....

The SEC doesn't need the top of it's league bolstered, It needs the bottom of the league bolstered to become the cream of the crop......VANDY?KENTUCKY?MISSOU?SOUTH CAROLINA/MISS STATE

Right, and your wife is more beautiful than a Scarlett Johansson because she has a great personality...
01-11-2023 09:28 AM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(01-11-2023 08:34 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Wonder how enrollment interest is doing AFTER the beatdown... seriously, you got to wonder how that was even possible. Given the fact that they beat Michigan, Michigan beat Ohio state, and Ohio State nearly beat Georgia, I know the transitive property is not perfect, but damn. They closer than that!

It's all about the individual player matchups and who can best exploit the other team's weaknesses. Besides having more talent, UGA's coaching staff was obviously world's above TCU's in game preparation. And I honestly did not think Kirby Smart would be that successful at UGA when he left Bama - boy, was I was dead wrong.
01-11-2023 09:50 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
(01-11-2023 09:50 AM)presskh Wrote:  
(01-11-2023 08:34 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Wonder how enrollment interest is doing AFTER the beatdown... seriously, you got to wonder how that was even possible. Given the fact that they beat Michigan, Michigan beat Ohio state, and Ohio State nearly beat Georgia, I know the transitive property is not perfect, but damn. They closer than that!

It's all about the individual player matchups and who can best exploit the other team's weaknesses. Besides having more talent, UGA's coaching staff was obviously world's above TCU's in game preparation. And I honestly did not think Kirby Smart would be that successful at UGA when he left Bama - boy, was I was dead wrong.

Anyone who hasn't heard Kirby Smart's TCU-pregame-speech should seek it out.
01-11-2023 10:37 AM
Advertisement

MemphisFootballFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-11-2023 10:37 AM)gusrob Wrote:  

Here is the motivational speech from Coach Smart.

01-11-2023 11:12 AM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem

For those unable to listen:

@#$%&! #! @*&% &#%!@? !&?@#!#%&!, F@!!#
01-11-2023 11:21 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(01-11-2023 11:12 AM)MemphisFootballFan Wrote:  

Here is the motivational speech from Coach Smart.

Wow.

Now, somebody find and post one of CRSs pregame speeches...
01-11-2023 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
If the football thing doesn't work out, I see a future in the Corps.
01-11-2023 11:49 AM
Advertisement

Unionman76 Online
Heisman

I worked with a guy years ago, his go to line was

S***, F***, D***

Covered all the bases
01-11-2023 12:16 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles

TCU's fight song.
01-11-2023 12:23 PM
Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(01-11-2023 08:25 AM)MemphisFootballFan Wrote:  TCU was a Group of 5 team 11 years ago. Football matters so much more than anything else.

They are a great model for us to follow. They hopped conference to conference, getting better each time, totally renovated their crumbling old stadium and got the Big XII invite and have been a player in that conference.

Like us their draw is only local. I doubt if 1,000 people even travel from Dallas to Fort Worth on game day. But they draw.
01-11-2023 05:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.