Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's game 15: @Towson
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Men's game 15: @Towson
On Thursday our men head south for an important conference game at Towson. Towson looked to be the conference favorites early on but have really stumbled of late. They opened conference play against now top 25 ranked Charleston and fell in OT. This is a skilled and physical Towson team that can also get hot from 3. When they are clicking this is a fun team to watch, and a tough one to match up with. Timberlake leads the way scoring, but Thompson is a handful as well. He an Amari is a must se match up. Thompson may actually get more blocks in this one than Amari. If you focus on those 2 then Cam Holden is still there to make life miserable as well.

In our 2 match ups last season, we split. Both teams winning at home. We kept their 3 headed monster at bay in that one and snuck out a victory. In the return match in Maryland, we built a nice halftime lead before allowing a run in the 2nd half where it felt we couldnt do much right. Thompson was dominant in that one. This is one where I feel like this is just a bad match up. The good news is we couldnt hit a 3 pointer to save our lives (Im aware we made 1 eventually) against W&M. So that would indicate there is a better chance at us shooting well in this one. That is our hope at an upset here. If anyone cares about an at large for the CAA, it is the best interest for Towson to win this one.

DU- 68
TU- 82
01-03-2023 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

RE: Men's game 15: @Towson
Towson are 6.5 point favorites
01-05-2023 07:52 AM
Advertisement

jcohen42 Offline
Special Teams

Tough loss. We hung around but couldn't seem to get that big shot to keep the momentum going. Tough shooting night for Coletrane especially, really hope he turns it around soon. Good to see Okros filling it up, though.
01-05-2023 10:36 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

We were brutal out of half time, sure we made a run late, but it wasnt a good game (although I fear this is just who we are this season). Our guards need to be able to get around screens and do something with the ball. Just being inconsistent spot shooters isnt going to fly. To me this was a game that falls on Spiker's shoulders. He continued to push what was not working. We have enough depth of similarly talented players, so when someone is not playing well, we need to be much quicker in trying something and someone else. Was mentioned on the slack channel, and its true, last night felt an awful lot like a Bruiser coached team. Square peg in a round hole on offense and unwillingness to do or try anything different including lineups.

Keep in mind Towson was without their all-conference point guard, Holden. If you told me Holden wasnt playing and we would keep Thompson at bay, I would have said we won the game and possibly by double digits. Instead Timberlake torched us (again) and as a team we looked woefully unprepared for this game.
01-06-2023 07:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.