Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Report: Joe Biden* Realized His Mistake With Kamala Harris Very Early On
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Report: Joe Biden* Realized His Mistake With Kamala Harris Very Early On
Quote:As we previously reported, there have been scattered stories throughout Joe Biden’s presidency about alleged tensions between the Biden and Harris camps, with Biden’s people reportedly frustrated at the veep’s inability to appropriately handle the tasks given to her by Biden, and the Harris camp’s belief being that Biden’s staff relishes pinning his multitude of failures on her.

Those tensions appeared to manifest themselves in a very public way back in November 2021 when the two along with their respective spouses visited a D.C. soup kitchen around Thanksgiving to prepare plates for those in need. Videos and photos from the event showed Biden appearing to snub Harris at various points, with him spending most of his time talking to the kitchen’s chef.

Here we are nearly a full two years into the Biden-Harris administration and a new book set to be released in January sheds light on how Biden seemed to have figured out very early on what a mess he’d gotten into by picking Harris to be his vice presidential running mate:

In the first months of his presidency, Joe Biden vented his frustration about Vice President Kamala Harris, telling a friend that she was “a work in progress.”

According to an upcoming book about the Biden presidency obtained by West Wing Playbook, “The Fight of His Life,” word got back to him that second gentleman Douglas Emhoff had been complaining about Harris’ policy portfolio — which her allies felt was hurting her politically. “Biden was annoyed,” wrote author Chris Whipple, who obtained extensive access to Biden administration officials while writing the book. “He hadn’t asked Harris to do anything he hadn’t done as vice president — and she’d begged him for the voting rights assignment.”

Biden wasn’t alone. A senior White House adviser vented that “[Harris’] inner circle didn’t serve her well in the presidential campaign — and they are ill-serving her now.”

The problem with that assessment – that Harris was not being “served well” by her inner circle – is that it was Harris who picked and chose who she was closest to and remained close to during her failed presidential campaign, her campaign with Joe Biden, and beyond, including after she was sworn in as vice president.

As the old saying goes, you’re known by the company you keep. And in politics especially, if those same people aren’t “serving you well” over an extended period of time then you share some of the blame for putting them in those positions – and keeping them there – in the first place.

This is a sentiment that was echoed behind the scenes by then-Biden comms director Kate Bedingfield, according to another report from Politico at the time:

“In private, Bedingfield had taken to noting that the vice presidency was not the first time in Harris’s political career that she had fallen short of sky-high expectations: Her Senate office had been messy and her presidential campaign had been a fiasco. Perhaps, she suggested, the problem was not the vice president’s staff,” Martin and Burns write.

It was an inconvenient truth, and one that dovetailed with stories written since Harris’ early days in the White House about how exceedingly difficult some former and current staffers say she has always been to work with (turnover among campaign staff during her failed 2020 presidential bid was said to be very high).

In addition to that, Harris’ ego is so massive that she has a tendency to blame her staff for problems that she herself creates. As the Washington Post reported last December, Harris can’t be bothered to do due diligence on anything she speaks publicly about, so when she ends up getting embarrassed by something she says later, it’s the hard-working staffers behind the scenes who get punished.

To reiterate points I’ve made before, this is what happens when one’s career starts off the way Harris’s did. You begin to expect to be given preferential treatment as you climb the ladder and treated to fawning interviews in the press because of “who you are” and what you supposedly represent from a “historical” perspective.

In fact, her being a black woman was why Biden chose her in the first place after being pressured for months by woke Democrats to choose a running mate based on physical characteristics over qualifications. Though I wouldn’t have agreed with any of them from a political standpoint – and probably would not have cared for them from a personal standpoint, there were other black women Biden could have picked who had more experience with the necessary particulars to serve as vice president than Harris.

But he ended up choosing Harris, one in a long line of poor decisions he made both as a presidential candidate and then president.

That said, no one should feel sorry for the predicament Biden has found himself in with Harris, for who the 2024 PR pivot has already started. As another old saying goes, he made his bed on this, and now he has to lay in it. Unfortunately, it’s the American people who have had to pay the price for his mistakes, including the one he made when he threw a dart at the wall while blindfolded and decided on Kamala.

Link
12-22-2022 12:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Report: Joe Biden* Realized His Mistake With Kamala Harris Very Early On
(12-22-2022 12:26 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:As we previously reported, there have been scattered stories throughout Joe Biden’s presidency about alleged tensions between the Biden and Harris camps, with Biden’s people reportedly frustrated at the veep’s inability to appropriately handle the tasks given to her by Biden, and the Harris camp’s belief being that Biden’s staff relishes pinning his multitude of failures on her.

Those tensions appeared to manifest themselves in a very public way back in November 2021 when the two along with their respective spouses visited a D.C. soup kitchen around Thanksgiving to prepare plates for those in need. Videos and photos from the event showed Biden appearing to snub Harris at various points, with him spending most of his time talking to the kitchen’s chef.

Here we are nearly a full two years into the Biden-Harris administration and a new book set to be released in January sheds light on how Biden seemed to have figured out very early on what a mess he’d gotten into by picking Harris to be his vice presidential running mate:

In the first months of his presidency, Joe Biden vented his frustration about Vice President Kamala Harris, telling a friend that she was “a work in progress.”

According to an upcoming book about the Biden presidency obtained by West Wing Playbook, “The Fight of His Life,” word got back to him that second gentleman Douglas Emhoff had been complaining about Harris’ policy portfolio — which her allies felt was hurting her politically. “Biden was annoyed,” wrote author Chris Whipple, who obtained extensive access to Biden administration officials while writing the book. “He hadn’t asked Harris to do anything he hadn’t done as vice president — and she’d begged him for the voting rights assignment.”

Biden wasn’t alone. A senior White House adviser vented that “[Harris’] inner circle didn’t serve her well in the presidential campaign — and they are ill-serving her now.”

The problem with that assessment – that Harris was not being “served well” by her inner circle – is that it was Harris who picked and chose who she was closest to and remained close to during her failed presidential campaign, her campaign with Joe Biden, and beyond, including after she was sworn in as vice president.

As the old saying goes, you’re known by the company you keep. And in politics especially, if those same people aren’t “serving you well” over an extended period of time then you share some of the blame for putting them in those positions – and keeping them there – in the first place.

This is a sentiment that was echoed behind the scenes by then-Biden comms director Kate Bedingfield, according to another report from Politico at the time:

“In private, Bedingfield had taken to noting that the vice presidency was not the first time in Harris’s political career that she had fallen short of sky-high expectations: Her Senate office had been messy and her presidential campaign had been a fiasco. Perhaps, she suggested, the problem was not the vice president’s staff,” Martin and Burns write.

It was an inconvenient truth, and one that dovetailed with stories written since Harris’ early days in the White House about how exceedingly difficult some former and current staffers say she has always been to work with (turnover among campaign staff during her failed 2020 presidential bid was said to be very high).

In addition to that, Harris’ ego is so massive that she has a tendency to blame her staff for problems that she herself creates. As the Washington Post reported last December, Harris can’t be bothered to do due diligence on anything she speaks publicly about, so when she ends up getting embarrassed by something she says later, it’s the hard-working staffers behind the scenes who get punished.

To reiterate points I’ve made before, this is what happens when one’s career starts off the way Harris’s did. You begin to expect to be given preferential treatment as you climb the ladder and treated to fawning interviews in the press because of “who you are” and what you supposedly represent from a “historical” perspective.

In fact, her being a black woman was why Biden chose her in the first place after being pressured for months by woke Democrats to choose a running mate based on physical characteristics over qualifications. Though I wouldn’t have agreed with any of them from a political standpoint – and probably would not have cared for them from a personal standpoint, there were other black women Biden could have picked who had more experience with the necessary particulars to serve as vice president than Harris.

But he ended up choosing Harris, one in a long line of poor decisions he made both as a presidential candidate and then president.

That said, no one should feel sorry for the predicament Biden has found himself in with Harris, for who the 2024 PR pivot has already started. As another old saying goes, he made his bed on this, and now he has to lay in it. Unfortunately, it’s the American people who have had to pay the price for his mistakes, including the one he made when he threw a dart at the wall while blindfolded and decided on Kamala.

Link

Pretty sure HE didn't make that decision.......either. If you were to ask him who is VP is while he was getting ice cream he probably wouldn't know. He might even ask who the President is.
12-22-2022 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
In a way he should thank his lucky stars that he DID choose the Cackler. If not he likely would have been on the Impeachment Hot Seat. The only reason that they (Demons) haven't proposed it is because of who would be the successor. It's hard to believe that anyone could be worst than that old fool but voila, we have the Cackler.

For THE SOB to not be satisfied with the Cackler is beyond words. For an idiot president to think that she's bad speaks wonders about her. To try to blame his idiocy to her is the mark of someone who can't/won't take the blame for the way our country is doing and headed.

Joe, you're not the only one who has Buyers Remorse, there's a whole slew, even among those that are devout demons that feel that way.

Ps, if the Demons who picked Biden in the first place had picked someone who at least wasn't in Stage One Alzheimers they still could have won with whomever because it's common knowledge among those who aren't stupid that the election was stolen.

What a bunch of pendejos, now they don't know what to do as they're stuck between a hard place and another hard place. Satan's minions aren't known for their smarts.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2022 01:15 PM by olliebaba.)
12-22-2022 01:05 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Well Tulsi pointed out how unqualified she was in one debate. I guess its logical that the brain dead Biden took a little longer to figure it out.
12-22-2022 01:08 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
You'd think after making sure the only qualifications was skin color and what's between the legs he'd done something better for some of his other nominations.
12-22-2022 01:11 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
The only ones I hear complain about her are Republicans. I hear Democrats say Biden is a disaster regularly, but never about KH. I think Republicans are exaggerating her mass unpopularity.
12-22-2022 05:18 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
He chose her for ONE reason and ONE reason only.
12-22-2022 05:25 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-22-2022 05:18 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  The only ones I hear complain about her are Republicans. I hear Democrats say Biden is a disaster regularly, but never about KH. I think Republicans are exaggerating her mass unpopularity.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/kamala-...other-vps/

3 days ago....

Quote:Harris' net favorability is slightly lower than that of former Vice President Mike Pence at this point in their respective tenures, and it's well under the ratings of three previous vice presidents.

also

How Harris compares to Biden
Quote:In The Times’ latest average, President Biden’s favorable rating is 44% and his unfavorable rating is 52% — a positive net of about -8 percentage points.

That puts Harris’ rating under Biden’s by -6 percentage points.

But yeah... Republicans are exxagerating
12-22-2022 05:28 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Any idiot could see that she's unqualified. But we ARE talking about slow Joe.
12-22-2022 07:10 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(12-22-2022 05:18 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  The only ones I hear complain about her are Republicans. I hear Democrats say Biden is a disaster regularly, but never about KH. I think Republicans are exaggerating her mass unpopularity.

I think you may be over-estimating her favorability...
12-22-2022 08:50 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(12-22-2022 05:28 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

https://www.latimes.com/projects/kamala-...other-vps/

3 days ago....

Quote:Harris' net favorability is slightly lower than that of former Vice President Mike Pence at this point in their respective tenures, and it's well under the ratings of three previous vice presidents.

also

How Harris compares to Biden
Quote:In The Times’ latest average, President Biden’s favorable rating is 44% and his unfavorable rating is 52% — a positive net of about -8 percentage points.

That puts Harris’ rating under Biden’s by -6 percentage points.

But yeah... Republicans are exxagerating

And there you have it...
12-22-2022 08:51 PM
Niner National Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(12-22-2022 05:25 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  He chose her for ONE reason and ONE reason only.

Two reasons
12-22-2022 11:12 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(12-22-2022 05:25 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  He chose her for ONE reason and ONE reason only.

Two reasons. One race. One gender.
12-22-2022 11:15 PM
Advertisement

TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
BS
Biden doesn't even realize what day this is....
12-23-2022 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(12-22-2022 08:50 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

The only ones who give her a favorable rating are the men she’s blown
12-23-2022 09:53 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-23-2022 09:53 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(12-22-2022 08:50 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

The only ones who give her a favorable rating are the men she’s blown

So you are saying there are 3 reasons?
12-23-2022 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.