Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

November CPI Inflation Data Out
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
November CPI Inflation Data Out
Quote:Prices rose less than expected in November, the latest sign that the runaway inflation that has been gripping the economy is beginning to loosen up.

The consumer price index, which measures a wide basket of goods and services, rose just 0.1% from the previous month, and increased 7.1% from a year ago, the Labor Department reported Tuesday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting a 0.3% monthly increase and a 7.3% 12-month rate.

The increase from a year ago, while well above the Federal Reserve’s 2% target for a healthy inflation level, was tied for the lowest since November 2021.

Excluding volatile food and energy prices, so-called core CPI rose 0.2% on the month and 6% on an annual basis, compared with respective estimates of 0.3% and 6.1%.
Consumer prices rose less than expected in November, up 7.1% from a year ago
12-13-2022 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: November CPI Inflation Data Out
So everything went up again. Even after everything went up really high last year, stuff is still going up.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022 10:38 AM by UofMstateU.)
12-13-2022 10:38 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
let rejoice about 7.1%
12-13-2022 10:39 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Welcome to Economic Hell

Quote:The inflation numbers for October 2021 have dropped, and while they’ve got Wall Street excited, normal Americans are in for a shock. The Consumer Price Index came in at 7.1 percent, but that’s only part of the story.

Consider what products are seeing their highest price increases and ask yourself whether your prices have only gone up 7.1 percent year over year.

Yesterday, I tried to go buy some meat at the grocery store with the notion to buy some rib-eye steaks. The prices were so exhorbitant that I went home with a pack of pork. There was absolutely nothing available in the meat department I would consider affordable to a normal family. It’s just a matter of how low in quality one wants to go while still paying too much for it. Meanwhile, eggs, perhaps the most common family staple in existence, are up 49.1 percent.

But these numbers don’t even give the whole story because we’ve now officially entered the period where year-over-year totals tell us nothing except that last year’s totals were also high. When your baseline is 6.8 percent, which is what November 2021’s inflation rate was, then that 7.1 percent in 2022 actually adds up to a 14.4 percent increase in prices since Joe Biden was elected.

It is insane to think that Americans are paying 14.4 percent more for things (and much more for many important things) than just two years ago. That’s Joe Biden’s America and its economic hell. Of course, we have an official term for what this is as well. It’s called stagflation, described as consistently high inflation coupled with consistently unimpressive growth. This is the 1970s all over again, and all it took was a senile old man being put in the White House to make that a reality.

To that, I say “great job America.” Far too many voters went to the polls last month and voted for Democrats at levels no one expected, stamping out the possible red wave and putting their stamp of approval on this horrific, disastrous presidency. How’s that working out? Biden and his cohorts are only going to double down now, and it was completely avoidable.

What’s even more infuriating is Karine Jean-Pierre and the rest of the White House propagandists are going to go out there and proclaim this latest inflation report as a victory. It’s a win for them that you are paying around 20 percent more for groceries than when they took office, and no one in the media will call them on it.

Answer me this: How bad do things have to get before voters stop valuing ridiculous arguments over personality compared to actual policy results? Do eggs need to be $10 a dozen? Does low-grade ground beef need to be $8 a pound? Will that finally snap these people back into reality? Because I’m sick and tired of suffering so left-wing ideologues can feel good about themselves on Twitter. I bet most people reading this are too.
12-13-2022 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
~14.6% since November 2020....woof
12-13-2022 10:44 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-13-2022 10:32 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
Quote:Prices rose less than expected in November, the latest sign that the runaway inflation that has been gripping the economy is beginning to loosen up.

The consumer price index, which measures a wide basket of goods and services, rose just 0.1% from the previous month, and increased 7.1% from a year ago, the Labor Department reported Tuesday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting a 0.3% monthly increase and a 7.3% 12-month rate.

The increase from a year ago, while well above the Federal Reserve’s 2% target for a healthy inflation level, was tied for the lowest since November 2021.

Excluding volatile food and energy prices, so-called core CPI rose 0.2% on the month and 6% on an annual basis, compared with respective estimates of 0.3% and 6.1%.
Consumer prices rose less than expected in November, up 7.1% from a year ago

That's a spin. Food is not core???

Food is the reason its such a problem. You can put off buying clothes (at least if you don't have growing kids) or a car. You can't put off food.
12-13-2022 10:46 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
next year will be the third consecutive year I will raise service pricing due to the *brain-dead dems ... well done, biatches ... ewe fk ewer own ... ya can't fk me...

@fkewes
12-13-2022 10:46 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(12-13-2022 10:43 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Welcome to Economic Hell

Quote:The inflation numbers for October 2021 have dropped, and while they’ve got Wall Street excited, normal Americans are in for a shock. The Consumer Price Index came in at 7.1 percent, but that’s only part of the story.

Consider what products are seeing their highest price increases and ask yourself whether your prices have only gone up 7.1 percent year over year.

Yesterday, I tried to go buy some meat at the grocery store with the notion to buy some rib-eye steaks. The prices were so exhorbitant that I went home with a pack of pork. There was absolutely nothing available in the meat department I would consider affordable to a normal family. It’s just a matter of how low in quality one wants to go while still paying too much for it. Meanwhile, eggs, perhaps the most common family staple in existence, are up 49.1 percent.

But these numbers don’t even give the whole story because we’ve now officially entered the period where year-over-year totals tell us nothing except that last year’s totals were also high. When your baseline is 6.8 percent, which is what November 2021’s inflation rate was, then that 7.1 percent in 2022 actually adds up to a 14.4 percent increase in prices since Joe Biden was elected.

It is insane to think that Americans are paying 14.4 percent more for things (and much more for many important things) than just two years ago. That’s Joe Biden’s America and its economic hell. Of course, we have an official term for what this is as well. It’s called stagflation, described as consistently high inflation coupled with consistently unimpressive growth. This is the 1970s all over again, and all it took was a senile old man being put in the White House to make that a reality.

To that, I say “great job America.” Far too many voters went to the polls last month and voted for Democrats at levels no one expected, stamping out the possible red wave and putting their stamp of approval on this horrific, disastrous presidency. How’s that working out? Biden and his cohorts are only going to double down now, and it was completely avoidable.

What’s even more infuriating is Karine Jean-Pierre and the rest of the White House propagandists are going to go out there and proclaim this latest inflation report as a victory. It’s a win for them that you are paying around 20 percent more for groceries than when they took office, and no one in the media will call them on it.

Answer me this: How bad do things have to get before voters stop valuing ridiculous arguments over personality compared to actual policy results? Do eggs need to be $10 a dozen? Does low-grade ground beef need to be $8 a pound? Will that finally snap these people back into reality? Because I’m sick and tired of suffering so left-wing ideologues can feel good about themselves on Twitter. I bet most people reading this are too.

At least with Jimmy Carter the first, you figured he was just incompetent, not that he was stupid and didn't care.
12-13-2022 10:47 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

The good news in this. The cohort that came of age after Jimmy Carter stagflation was the most Republican since before the Great Depression. Hopefully the people coming out of college will see the truth and the truth will red pill them into Republicans.
12-13-2022 10:49 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Looks like the aggressive increases in interest rates by the Fed is working. At this point, they'll likely pause for now to see if inflation will continue to decrease.

To the rest commenting in the thread - we get it that Biden and his administration plus the Fed screwed the pooch on this one and were stupid with the 2021 bailout checks given the economy was more than ready to go and just needed to get back to work instead of paying people to stay home and not work. That said, focusing on TODAY it's good to see inflation slowing.
12-13-2022 10:51 AM
stinkfist Offline

(12-13-2022 10:49 AM)bullet Wrote:  The good news in this. The cohort that came of age after Jimmy Carter stagflation was the most Republican since before the Great Depression. Hopefully the people coming out of college will see the truth and the truth will red pill them into Republicans.

one can only hope for our children ... however, I don't see it happening ... it's now decades into the brainwashed subsidized in the urban centers ... incentive is only for the brightest and ethical ... it's a simple numbers game at this point...
12-13-2022 10:53 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(12-13-2022 10:51 AM)miko33 Wrote:  Looks like the aggressive increases in interest rates by the Fed is working. At this point, they'll likely pause for now to see if inflation will continue to decrease.

To the rest commenting in the thread - we get it that Biden and his administration plus the Fed screwed the pooch on this one and were stupid with the 2021 bailout checks given the economy was more than ready to go and just needed to get back to work instead of paying people to stay home and not work. That said, focusing on TODAY it's good to see inflation slowing.

b/c many folk are now running out of credit/cash ... it was always inevitable ... by q2 '23, we should start seeing another market pullback coupled with skyrocketing unemployment in the sectors that are non-necessary...

the only thing I see keeping the market afloat is 401k $$$ ... once unemployment begins to hit full stride (it's coming), you're gonna see a crash like none-other ... and it will happen in an instant...
12-13-2022 11:01 AM
miko33 Offline

(12-13-2022 10:53 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 10:49 AM)bullet Wrote:  The good news in this. The cohort that came of age after Jimmy Carter stagflation was the most Republican since before the Great Depression. Hopefully the people coming out of college will see the truth and the truth will red pill them into Republicans.

one can only hope for our children ... however, I don't see it happening ... it's now decades into the brainwashed subsidized in the urban centers ... incentive is only for the brightest and ethical ... it's a simple numbers game at this point...

Brainwashing goes away overnight in the midst of a major challenge to the country. We have been free of any serious challenge for so long that we have to manufacture our own calamities - which leads to the PC woke culture we have today. It's like the hierarchy of needs that Maslow put together. We can play in the PC woke sandbox because nothing more important has come to knock us off the top of the pyramid. WHEN that happens, it will be a very short time to unlearn the bullsh!t. I think that time is coming shortly.
12-13-2022 11:02 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
[Image: sparkleturd.gif]
12-13-2022 11:05 AM
stinkfist Offline

(12-13-2022 11:02 AM)miko33 Wrote:  

Brainwashing goes away overnight in the midst of a major challenge to the country. We have been free of any serious challenge for so long that we have to manufacture our own calamities - which leads to the PC woke culture we have today. It's like the hierarchy of needs that Maslow put together. We can play in the PC woke sandbox because nothing more important has come to knock us off the top of the pyramid. WHEN that happens, it will be a very short time to unlearn the bullsh!t. I think that time is coming shortly.

you're proving my point ... they have no clue how to fight back ... especially when there's nothing left to fight for other than a gasp of air and me tele...
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022 11:08 AM by stinkfist.)
12-13-2022 11:05 AM
miko33 Offline

(12-13-2022 11:05 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

you're proving my point ... they have no clue how to fight back ... especially when there's nothing left to fight for other than a gasp of air....

Yes. However, we always learn and adapt. For the longest time we've always lived in a world where population was ever increasing. We'll figure out how to live in a world with a decreasing population...before it begins to increase again. Most of the problems go away overnight if countries implement their own version of the "Final Solution". I fear some countries will pursue that - like China for one.
12-13-2022 11:12 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Have to love the spin. "It doesn't suck as bad!" That's seen as a win with some people. No idea why people fall for this nonsense.
12-13-2022 11:19 AM
stinkfist Offline

(12-13-2022 11:12 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 11:05 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

you're proving my point ... they have no clue how to fight back ... especially when there's nothing left to fight for other than a gasp of air....

Yes. However, we always learn and adapt. For the longest time we've always lived in a world where population was ever increasing. We'll figure out how to live in a world with a decreasing population...before it begins to increase again. Most of the problems go away overnight if countries implement their own version of the "Final Solution". I fear some countries will pursue that - like China for one.

I'm not in the 'apocalyptic' camp ... I just see a longer period of recovery than yourself ... our species will persevere ... my only question is how violent will that become in our 'backyard' leading up to that point ... to wit about China, there's no doubt in my mind that muh Covid was a mere 'test drive'...

the $$$ will figure out another structure ... same game, different name, and different day...

the name of the game is "pop. control" ... always has been...
12-13-2022 11:19 AM
miko33 Offline

(12-13-2022 11:19 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Have to love the spin. "It doesn't suck as bad!" That's seen as a win with some people. No idea why people fall for this nonsense.

If we were talking about the early 80s, you would fall for this "spin" in a heartbeat. It's why I'm sick of the D vs R debate.
12-13-2022 11:22 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(12-13-2022 11:22 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 11:19 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Have to love the spin. "It doesn't suck as bad!" That's seen as a win with some people. No idea why people fall for this nonsense.

If we were talking about the early 80s, you would fall for this "spin" in a heartbeat. It's why I'm sick of the D vs R debate.

Nah, all one has to do is go grocery shopping to see nothing much has changed for most people.
12-13-2022 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.