Brohm Coming Home
12-07-2022 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Brohm Coming Home
I think this deal has been in the works for awhile, few weeks? At least some talks. Good reason not to extend Natty Satty. Board meeting schedule for tomorrow, look for it to be announced officially soon after.
12-07-2022 11:43 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I’m still in shock that Cincinnati Bearcats football is going to be responsible for the biggest party in Louisville in decades.

God Bless UC Football!
12-07-2022 11:45 AM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Congratulations to UL! Y’all backed up the Brinks truck for him, I hope he is worth it.
12-07-2022 11:57 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

12-07-2022 12:42 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(12-07-2022 11:33 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

I'm happy that you were able to get the man you wanted. Congrats!
12-07-2022 12:43 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(12-07-2022 11:45 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I’m still in shock that Cincinnati Bearcats football is going to be responsible for the biggest party in Louisville in decades.

God Bless UC Football!

Not being a smart a$$ here. Honest question.

Why didn't Louisville go get Brohm four years ago instead of Satterfield?
12-07-2022 07:59 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(12-07-2022 07:59 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 11:45 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I’m still in shock that Cincinnati Bearcats football is going to be responsible for the biggest party in Louisville in decades.

God Bless UC Football!

We did.

He turned us down, because he just got to Purdue, and he had just begun rebuilding Purdue. He didn't feel right leaving them so soon after they hired him.
12-07-2022 08:55 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(12-07-2022 08:55 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 07:59 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

God Bless UC Football!

We did.

He turned us down, because he just got to Purdue, and he had just begun rebuilding Purdue. He didn't feel right leaving them so soon after they hired him.

Here's an article about Jeff from last May, where he answered a question about even becoming Louisville's head coach.

Former Louisville quarterback and current Purdue coach Jeff Brohm is preparing to enter his sixth season at the helm with the Boilermakers this fall, but that hasn’t stopped reporters from asking him about the potential for him to return to his alma mater in the future as a head coach.

When Louisville fired Bobby Petrino in 2018, Brohm was considered a leading candidate for the position. However, after much deliberation, Brohm elected to return to Purdue, where he has remained ever since.

The loyalty that Brohm showed Purdue surprised many, as most coaches jump at the chance to return to their alma mater to leave the program. While that’s something that Brohm certainly considered, he didn’t feel that the time was right to make the move back in 2018.

“OK, those are all good questions on the Louisville job,” Brohm said as he addressed questions from those in attendance at the Louisville Flaglet High School alumni association meeting on Wednesday.

“You know what … after being at Purdue two years when it came open, that was a tough call. Tough call. To be quite honest, through my schooling and how I was raised, I believe in at least trying to do the right thing and having morals and values. It was just too early to leave [Purdue] then. It just wasn’t right. You build relationships. People treat you right. The people there have treated me great. You talk to recruits and they asked me things. Just a lot of things went into it,” Brohm continued.

Brohm certainly didn’t shut the door on the potential to return to Louisville in the future.

“But obviously, now we’re on year six. I love this town, this area. I’m an alumnus of Louisville. So anything can happen in the future,” Brohm said.

The potential for the Cardinals job to open continues to increase as current coach Scott Satterfield continues to search for answers after being named ACC coach of the year in his first season with the program in 2019. Since then, the Cardinals have lost 14 of their last 24 games.

The seat is getting hot for Satterfield at Louisville, which could reignite the rumors once again of Brohm becoming the next football coach for the Cardinals.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/05/12/pu...louisville
12-07-2022 09:00 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

Two of my close friends, who both played at Flaget with Jeff’s Dad Oscar, were at that meeting. They said Jeff was very emotional talking about how much he missed Louisville.

Both of my buddies played for UK, and both are Louisville season tickets holders, left the meeting knowing Jeff would soon be coming home.

After reading Purdue fans thoughts on Brohm leaving, many of them believe Jeff’s comments at the Flaget Alumni gathering did nothing but make Satterfield’s job at UofL harder.

In hindsight they may be right
12-08-2022 05:05 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(12-07-2022 11:57 AM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Congratulations to UL! Y’all backed up the Brinks truck for him, I hope he is worth it.

Not really, Jeff came home for essentially what he was making at Purdue. He was making 5.1 million in West Lafayette. He’ll make 5.8 million per year at home. I wouldn’t equate a 700K raise to backing “up the Brinks truck”

Bobby Petrino was the third highest compensated coach in The ACC, behind only Dabo and Jimbo, when Louisville fired him.

Money has never been a problem for UofL.

We paid Rick Pitino 5.1 million to coach basketball here a decade ago.

We’re getting together tonight at the Angel’s Envy Bourbon Club tonight to welcome Jeff home. Whatever Jeff needs they can pass the hat there and get it for him.
12-08-2022 05:50 AM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(12-08-2022 05:50 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 11:57 AM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Congratulations to UL! Y’all backed up the Brinks truck for him, I hope he is worth it.

Not really, Jeff came home for essentially what he was making at Purdue. He was making 5.1 million in West Lafayette. He’ll make 5.8 million per year at home. I wouldn’t equate a 700K raise to backing “up the Brinks truck”

Bobby Petrino was the third highest compensated coach in The ACC, behind only Dabo and Jimbo, when Louisville fired him.

We’re getting together tonight at the Angel’s Envy Bourbon Club tonight to welcome Jeff home. Whatever Jeff needs they can pass the hat there and get it for him.
Money for strippers?
12-08-2022 09:37 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(12-08-2022 09:37 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Money for strippers?
Naw, We don’t hang out in Newport like Cincinnati Coaches do
12-08-2022 10:33 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

Money for strippers?

You try to be cordial and this is what you get. I still haven’t figured out why they’re pissed. They poached our coach. Now they’re mad because we’re happy they did it. 03-lmfao
12-09-2022 05:21 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2022 05:21 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

Money for strippers?

You try to be cordial and this is what you get. I still haven’t figured out why they’re pissed. They poached our coach. Now they’re mad because we’re happy they did it. 03-lmfao

From what I've seen on this board, they don't seem to be a very classy bunch.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022 05:31 AM by XLance.)
12-09-2022 05:31 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(12-09-2022 05:31 AM)XLance Wrote:  From what I've seen on this board, they don't seem to be a very classy bunch.

They’re generally a great fan base. Passionate about their Bearcats. Unfortunately, like everyone else, they’ve got their knucklehead fans. I wish them nothing but the best.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022 08:04 AM by CardinalJim.)
12-09-2022 07:56 AM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(12-09-2022 07:56 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(12-09-2022 05:31 AM)XLance Wrote:  From what I've seen on this board, they don't seem to be a very classy bunch.

They’re generally a great fan base. Passionate about their Bearcats. Unfortunately, like everyone else, they’ve got their knucklehead fans. I wish them nothing but the best.

After the Fenway Bowl of course.

07-coffee3
12-09-2022 10:57 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(12-09-2022 10:57 AM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Of course
12-09-2022 03:41 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2022 03:41 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(12-09-2022 10:57 AM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Of course

Aw Shucks!
12-09-2022 04:01 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-08-2022 10:33 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  

Money for strippers?
Naw, We don’t hang out in Newport like Cincinnati Coaches do

Happily, Cincinnati coaches couldn’t find Newport, KY on a map. Absolutely no reason to go over there. If you do, you would only find a handful of toothless women wearing UK sweatshirts and flip flops.
12-09-2022 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.