Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowls???
Bookmark and Share
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
Bowls???
Are you happy with your bowl? Location and opponent?

And, did C-USA hand the better bowls to WKU and MTSU? Seems like UTSA should have played Troy in the New Orleans Bowl.
12-04-2022 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
RE: Bowls???
I am not.
12-05-2022 08:28 AM
freshtop Online
All American

I Root For: WKU
(12-04-2022 10:48 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Are you happy with your bowl? Location and opponent?

And, did C-USA hand the better bowls to WKU and MTSU? Seems like UTSA should have played Troy in the New Orleans Bowl.

Winner usually gets the bowl they want. Guess UTSA wanted Orlando, or at least wanted Troy and maybe Troy wanted the Cure Bowl.

I am happy with New Orleans and South Alabama. I am going with my family. Not sure how we will look, but I hope we keep it competitive. MTSU got shipped to Hawaii. Great for the players, not great for fans. Just how their admin likes it. Not sure I would call it any more preferential than the Bahamas.

Seems like UNT got what their admin wanted. Local bowl. Rice got what they wanted. Any bowl. Not sure there is too much spilled milk to be crying over.
12-05-2022 09:27 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(12-05-2022 09:27 AM)freshtop Wrote:  Rice got what they wanted. Any bowl.

But once in, we also got a better bowl than some of the other possibilities. Drivable. Relatively warm climate. Good scenery and good cuisine. Southern hospitality.
12-05-2022 10:43 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(12-04-2022 10:48 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Are you happy with your bowl? Location and opponent?

Our admin took the easy route, as usual. Don't have to work hard to sell tickets, nice free trip with entourage. Same old. Same old.

Expect more of the same in future years.

Groundhog Day.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022 11:13 AM by KAjunRaider.)
12-05-2022 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(12-05-2022 09:27 AM)freshtop Wrote:  

Winner usually gets the bowl they want. Guess UTSA wanted Orlando, or at least wanted Troy and maybe Troy wanted the Cure Bowl.

I am happy with New Orleans and South Alabama. I am going with my family. Not sure how we will look, but I hope we keep it competitive. MTSU got shipped to Hawaii. Great for the players, not great for fans. Just how their admin likes it. Not sure I would call it any more preferential than the Bahamas.

Seems like UNT got what their admin wanted. Local bowl. Rice got what they wanted. Any bowl. Not sure there is too much spilled milk to be crying over.

I like the Boise match-up but not the location. I hate the Frisco Bowl. Attending home games at Apogee is more fun than going to the Frisco Bowl.

All of C-USA's bowl ties are crap now. Probably why so many of our teams are playing against Sun Belt teams. Zero AAC teams in our bowl games. Coincidence?
12-06-2022 08:53 PM
Advertisement

Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I dont think the New Orleans Bowl wanted any of the exiting teams. They have a longstanding relationship with CUSA and are not one of the ESPN pool bowls. It makes sense for them to make their partner happy.
12-06-2022 08:59 PM
BirdsUp210 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
Opponent and location hell yes. Date and time hell no.
12-07-2022 10:38 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Plates????
12-07-2022 02:34 PM
MGNation92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNT
I live within walking distance of the Frisco bowl and I could care less. Just another blowout OOC loss

Maybe Bennett will rally the troops, but I'm not very hopeful.
12-07-2022 03:25 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
There's so many bowl out there that it's really not a reward anymore, IMHO. When a 5-7 team can get an invite that tells me that they need to go to the old route of at the very least have a 7-5 record to be invited.

But...I guess watching a ho-hum game between 5-7 teams while eating Christmas dinner is better than listening to Crazy Uncle Joe as Oblunder tells it.
12-07-2022 03:37 PM
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(12-07-2022 03:37 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  There's so many bowl out there that it's really not a reward anymore, IMHO. When a 5-7 team can get an invite that tells me that they need to go to the old route of at the very least have a 7-5 record to be invited.

But...I guess watching a ho-hum game between 5-7 teams while eating Christmas dinner is better than listening to Crazy Uncle Joe as Oblunder tells it.

There are certainly too many bowls. With the incoming 12 team playoff, I think the NCAA needs to seriously look at reducing the number of trash bowls. Playoffs, and bowls for teams finishing with 7 FBS wins or more. No more .500 teams or waivers. Maybe the FCS playoffs could fill those mid-December dates for TV.
12-07-2022 09:48 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(12-07-2022 09:48 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 03:37 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  There's so many bowl out there that it's really not a reward anymore, IMHO. When a 5-7 team can get an invite that tells me that they need to go to the old route of at the very least have a 7-5 record to be invited.

There are certainly too many bowls. With the incoming 12 team playoff, I think the NCAA needs to seriously look at reducing the number of trash bowls. Playoffs, and bowls for teams finishing with 7 FBS wins or more. No more .500 teams or waivers. Maybe the FCS playoffs could fill those mid-December dates for TV.

I just don’t understand that idea that there are too many bowls. If you don’t want to watch or don’t think a 6-6 team or a 5-7 team should play in a bowl it’s real simple, don’t watch it.

I don’t watch most of them but if someone wants to watch and these kids enjoy it the more the merrier. What’s the harm? The teams get additional practice time, the players get to play, the school gets a little additional coverage and someone is making some money.
12-08-2022 07:11 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Another island bowl? No I’m not happy. Meanwhile departing Rice gets a bowl that would have been within driving distance at 5-7. I’m salty still…
12-08-2022 08:35 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators

I remember when an 8-2 team was in real danger of not being invited anywhere. Then we began the slow slide in standards along with the expansion of seasons that has so far resulted in 6-6 and your own favorite, 7-5, being some sort of standard of excellence. Maybe if we get another 10 or so bowls, 4 wins will be the standard. Then we can be treated to the spectacle of 3-8 teams playing the final game of the season to become eligible, just like those mighty 5-6 teams do now. Oh, the suspense!!! Will Southwest Middle North Dakota Normal win to become the last 4-8 team in the list of overachievers in bowls? Will one or more 3-9 teams get in due to not enough 4 win teams "earning' it?

We are just a couple of steps away from bowl invites becoming participation trophies.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022 08:50 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
12-08-2022 08:49 AM
Fear The Beak 2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
ESPN gets first selection of CUSA teams. Since New Orleans Bowl and Independence Bowl aren’t ESPN bowls, no chance UTSA would have gone to either of those.

I like our matchup, but would rather have had a later date. UTSA did want a “destination” bowl, so Orlando does fill that requirement.
12-08-2022 10:57 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Bowls are useful for soups and cereals.
12-08-2022 11:21 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2022 11:21 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Bowls are useful for soups and cereals.

and Rice/rice
12-08-2022 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(12-08-2022 10:57 AM)Fear The Beak 2 Wrote:  ESPN gets first selection of CUSA teams. Since New Orleans Bowl and Independence Bowl aren’t ESPN bowls, no chance UTSA would have gone to either of those.

I like our matchup, but would rather have had a later date. UTSA did want a “destination” bowl, so Orlando does fill that requirement.

CUSA has no contract other than letting espn have content for espn+ so why would they have "first choice of CUSA". Link?
12-08-2022 01:09 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2022 01:09 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(12-08-2022 10:57 AM)Fear The Beak 2 Wrote:  ESPN gets first selection of CUSA teams. Since New Orleans Bowl and Independence Bowl aren’t ESPN bowls, no chance UTSA would have gone to either of those.

CUSA has no contract other than letting espn have content for espn+ so why would they have "first choice of CUSA". Link?

I hope in the future C-USA bowls aren't held "exclusively" on non-linear ESPN+
12-08-2022 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.