Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IPF
Bookmark and Share
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
IPF
There have been some rumblings about a groundbreaking early in 2023. If so, I'm curious if anyone has picked up any new learning in that regard? Specifically, since we believe this will be built in the footprint of the existing outdoor/bubble practice fields...

- Will Bearcat football be without an indoor facility entering the Big 12? I'm guessing construction may last two years.
- Might the Brown Family offer their IPF for temporary use, as UC did for the Bengals?
- Will UC Lacrosse need to move home games off campus for one or more seasons during construction?
- Will that existing seating area for Lacrosse need to be demolished too?

I'm sure for recruiting purposes, Coach Fickell would like the artist renderings and groundbreaking sooner rather than later.

11-15-2022 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
RE: IPF
(11-15-2022 01:01 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  There have been some rumblings about a groundbreaking early in 2023. If so, I'm curious if anyone has picked up any new learning in that regard? Specifically, since we believe this will be built in the footprint of the existing outdoor/bubble practice fields...

- Will Bearcat football be without an indoor facility entering the Big 12? I'm guessing construction may last two years.
- Might the Brown Family offer their IPF for temporary use, as UC did for the Bengals?
- Will UC Lacrosse need to move home games off campus for one or more seasons during construction?

I'm sure for recruiting purposes, Coach Fickell would like the artist renderings and groundbreaking sooner rather than later.

Couldn't they use our soccer field?

11-15-2022 01:16 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Heard the renderings are coming soon and that groundbreaking is supposed to be for early 2023. Will they try to put a bubble over Gettler?

11-15-2022 01:17 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2022 01:17 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  Heard the renderings are coming soon and that groundbreaking is supposed to be for early 2023. Will they try to put a bubble over Gettler?

Bolded, interesting concept. I've heard rumblings about upgrades to Gettler as well, though I don't know specifics. Maybe UC's bubble will be on the move over there, at least for an interim period before other work gets done at Gettler.

11-17-2022 09:07 AM
Cattidude Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-15-2022 01:01 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  There have been some rumblings about a groundbreaking early in 2023. If so, I'm curious if anyone has picked up any new learning in that regard? Specifically, since we believe this will be built in the footprint of the existing outdoor/bubble practice fields...

From what was originally planned:

- They were supposed to build in two series with the indoor field being first. So that way the team would only be without an indoor field for the 2023 season. Indoor would open for 2024. Then they would finish up the second phase which would be offices, nutrition, weight room, etc and that would be finished for the 2025 season.

-Maybe? That's my guess is that UC will use the Bengals bubble. Don't know though

- Lacrosse already plays some games on Nippert. I'm sure they'll figure it out between Gettler and Nippert.

- From my understanding all of the Sheakley Athletic Complex is being torn down

11-20-2022 12:33 AM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

Sounds like construction is underway on the site where the bubble was. Does anybody know what the plan is? Have rendering been released?

The whole project has been weirdly hush-hush

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2023 10:59 AM by DownOnRohs.)
03-22-2023 10:58 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Everything Cunningham does is "weirdly hush hush." He is extremely opaque.

03-22-2023 11:33 AM
BearcatJerry Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Serious question here: Do the Bengals have an IPF now?

03-22-2023 11:42 AM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-22-2023 11:42 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

No. They have a bubble.

03-22-2023 11:42 AM
BearcatJerry Online
Hall of Famer

(03-22-2023 11:42 AM)bearcatmill Wrote:  

No. They have a bubble.

Ah... Thanks!

03-22-2023 11:46 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(03-22-2023 11:46 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

No. They have a bubble.

Ah... Thanks!

Bolded, correct. I'm sure Mike Brown thinks it's the finest bubble in the NFL because it's probably the only bubble in the NFL, masquerading as an IPF.

Amazing and amusing to think that UC had a bubble for cold weather practice a dozen years before the NFL franchise and will likely finish a state-of-the-art college IPF before the Bengals' bubble disappears. Of course the Bengals may have a fine one provided courtesy of the taxpayers when they move to San Antonio or London. 02-13-banana

03-22-2023 12:13 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
To be fair, supposedly the bubble is temporary and a full IPF is being designed by the Bengals at this time.

03-22-2023 12:58 PM
The Big O Offline
Special Teams

(03-22-2023 10:58 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  Sounds like construction is underway on the site where the bubble was. Does anybody know what the plan is? Have rendering been released?

The whole project has been weirdly hush-hush

The design was finalized this week and renderings should be released in 3-4 weeks.

03-22-2023 03:01 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Who got the GC contract? Skansa?

03-22-2023 05:54 PM
Billy_Bearcat Online
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-22-2023 05:54 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Who got the GC contract? Skansa?

Massarone Bros.

03-22-2023 07:19 PM
The Big O Offline
Special Teams

(03-22-2023 05:54 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Who got the GC contract? Skansa?

No idea on that. The person I heard it from works in ucats. Not sure what his criteria is, but he claimed it will be a great facility, probably second best in the Big 12 behind TCU.

03-23-2023 07:20 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-22-2023 12:13 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(03-22-2023 11:46 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

No. They have a bubble.

Ah... Thanks!

Bolded, correct. I'm sure Mike Brown thinks it's the finest bubble in the NFL because it's probably the only bubble in the NFL, masquerading as an IPF.

Amazing and amusing to think that UC had a bubble for cold weather practice a dozen years before the NFL franchise and will likely finish a state-of-the-art college IPF before the Bengals' bubble disappears. Of course the Bengals may have a fine one provided courtesy of the taxpayers when they move to San Antonio or London. 02-13-banana

I feel bad for them. Pat McAfee nationally shamed them into putting up the bubble. They keep calling it an IPF, which I find funny.

03-23-2023 12:58 PM
The Big O Offline
Special Teams

05-11-2023 01:06 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023 01:35 PM by bearcatfan.)
05-11-2023 01:28 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(05-11-2023 01:28 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Wow! Very nice!

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2023/5/10/...enter.aspx

It truly is and the architecture is terrific.

If it looked like the I.P. facilities at some other major programs, it would appear that a giant brown shoebox had just been dropped down alongside Jefferson Avenue. Instead it's a dynamic looking structure on what has for years been a pretty uninspired southeast entrance to our campus. If recruits have already seen these renderings, along with walking through Nippert, and seeing the rest of campus, they should be very excited.

Being a Bearcat just keeps getting better.

05-11-2023 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.