Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Honest take on your teams performance so far
Bookmark and Share
MeepMeep Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA | Arizona
Exclamation Honest take on your teams performance so far
Everyone has reached the halfway point for conference play. How are you feeling about your team at this point?

Regarding UTSA: Pre season goals were to take a shot at Houston and Texas (lost both but competed), get to a conference championship (on pace), win the conference championship, and win our first bowl game. Riveting, I know. But can’t be upset about results so far.

I do share Volkmar’s concerns on the defense though. There’s no way we’d be able to defend against AAC offenses as currently constructed.
10-30-2022 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Honest take on your teams performance so far
(10-30-2022 03:03 PM)MeepMeep Wrote:  How are you feeling about your team at this point?

Two words.

Puzzled.

Worried.

Puzzled because we have been a mix of better than expected in some games, and worse, much worse,, in others.

Worried because I don't know what that bodes for the last four games.
10-30-2022 03:42 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Lol!
10-30-2022 04:04 PM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
We're doing as well as Putin is in Ukraine...
10-30-2022 04:51 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(10-30-2022 04:51 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  We're doing as well as Putin is in Ukraine...

03-lmfao
10-30-2022 05:39 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
It was 50/50 before the season, but now we’re definitely getting a new coach next year. Just hoping for bowl eligibility at this point. I was expecting 4 losses before the season, and we’re already there with 3 of our toughest 4 opponents remaining. I sure didn’t expect us to be winless on the road at this point. Remaining road games: LSU & La Tech.
10-30-2022 06:29 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
[Image: 2f92ef03-4bb8-43f6-a2a8-c220d4e1d511_text.gif]
10-30-2022 07:24 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
We're on to basketball.

Thanks Bill Clark
10-30-2022 07:53 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Well, we used to be a basketball school.

Never been considered a football school so we are living up to that.

We do have a womens rifle team so maybe we are a rifle school?

As for football, we were over promised and under delivered. Inconsistant. Competitive in most games. Our fanbase has abandoned ship.
10-30-2022 09:22 PM
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU
Need to keep in mind, losing USM, ODU and Marshall was three easy games to win gone from the schedules.
10-30-2022 09:41 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
Helton appears to be just as inept as expected when controlling the offense. I still expect us to go bowling, but I can't say that I am excited about this team right now. We had the schedule and talent to have a very special year, instead we are sitting on four losses that all could have been wins with better coaching.
10-31-2022 08:12 AM
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
I thought there was a shot UAB could have its best team. At worse, sitting at 6-2 right now and going into the stretch with a shot to host the championship game.

No other way to describe it as disappointing and a failure, even if they were to win out. In some ways that would make it even more frustrating.
10-31-2022 08:23 AM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

(10-30-2022 09:41 PM)Gemofthehills Wrote:  Need to keep in mind, losing USM, ODU and Marshall was three easy games to win gone from the schedules.

Marshall was the only loss among those three.
10-31-2022 08:43 AM
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-30-2022 04:51 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  We're doing as well as Putin is in Ukraine...

Expectations weren't terribly high coming off of our worst season in a decade, but I thought we'd be better than this. It takes a little time to transition into an Air Raid offense and then to lose so many of our best players to injury just sealed the deal.

I knew depth was going to be a problem, but I wasn't expecting to be playing our 3rd string QB and to lose our best offensive and defensive players.
10-31-2022 08:44 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Our 2 mid 20s green OCs are in over the head. Our HC is a clown, younger version of Stickstill. Our Defense is ok if they get 1-2 turnovers a game, if not very beatable. The crowds at WKU games after Covid is a joke, need some serious life pumped back into BG and being in this crappy FCS conference will not help the causal BG fan who worships UK....Reed is about 30% of Zappe, 7-7 finish, lose to a SB team in Hawaii Pineapple Bowl...
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022 08:55 AM by WKUFan518.)
10-31-2022 08:54 AM
dawgonit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
We're not good and have a lot to improve. We've lost our last two games in OT so technically that means we have had 4 games end regulation without losing.

Always look on the bright side of life.
10-31-2022 10:31 AM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Same old, same old

Groundhog Day once again

Thank God hoops is upon us
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022 10:52 AM by KAjunRaider.)
10-31-2022 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
As a Liberty fan, I am happy with team's performance. Everyone said after last year that Malik Willis was the whole team and that Liberty would take a huge step back this year. There were 3 very iffy games with at Southern Miss, UAB, and at ODU to start the year, and we won all 3. Add in the big win vs. BYU and they one point loss at Wake, and I am pretty happy.

I honestly think Liberty's defense is on a P5 level. They brought in a lot of transfers that have worked out well. Offensively, we'd been massively inconsistent. Going through four quarterbacks has been difficult. We have not gotten as much out of the receiving core outside of DeMario Douglas as I hoped. The OL has been good some games, bad others. It always seems to be a question of which offense will show up.

This all said, being 7-1 is 7-1 and that is more than I thought at this point.
10-31-2022 12:02 PM
2009panther Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU
It’s been an odd year for us. We started dreadful and had truly terrible performances against bad teams. Add to it that we got absolutely obliterated by a decent WKU. Than out of nowhere we were somewhat competitive against UTSA (I figured they were just going through the motions) before winning the last two.

4-4 is better than I could’ve imagined at any point before or in the early goings of the season. There’s still a chance we become bowl eligible which is insane. Things are looking up. Our QB has been solid and is getting better every week. Defense has improved. I don’t see us beating UNT this week but if we can somehow close the year with wins against 2 of MTSU/UTEP or those insufferable Owls up north than this season would be a huge success.
10-31-2022 12:16 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
This has been a strange season, for sure. mostly disappointing. I bought into the QB having second year with the program and a strong OL hype. That was just that - hype. Yes, Perry is consistent. he can have a spectacular game followed by a mediocre showing and we do not have the coaching to adjust in time when things are not going well. We still can not win on the road and, again, the old problem of losing close games has reappeared. This season we could have done as bad as 3-6 and as good as 7-2. Too bad, we're losing most of the close games.
10-31-2022 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.