WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Our major federal trust funds are approaching insolvency.
Brownandgoldlaker Offline
1st String

I Root For: westernmichigan
Trust Fund Solutions
https://www.crfb.org/projects/trust-fund-solutions

"Some of our most important federal programs are financed through dedicated revenue sources and managed through federal trust funds. Over the next decade, these trust funds face a combined $3 trillion shortfall."

I realize there are many here who are really fixated on Trump, Jan. 6th, Bannon, QAonon Shaman, abortion, Putin/Russia, Alex Jones, etc., but in 15 days many of you will be voting for Congressional Representatives who will be responsible for addressing these important programs. But I don't see/hear politicians of either party campaigning with any solutions to address this (neither party wants to talk about it), nor do you see the media asking them questions about how they plan on solving these short falls.

Please do your research about your candidates regarding these important programs.
10-24-2022 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Our major federal trust funds are approaching insolvency.
Thank you for posting.

Does anyone have any ideas about addressing these problems and which candidate(s) offer the best solutions?
10-24-2022 02:35 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
(10-24-2022 02:35 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  Thank you for posting.

Does anyone have any ideas about addressing these problems and which candidate(s) offer the best solutions?

Make more babies. That’s the only positive solution. Negative solutions are massive benefit cuts or unworkable tax increases, but the hole will only accelerate as our fertility rate continues falling. There is no will for an off-ramp or drastic change to these programs.

Given our complete lack of desire to do any of these things, it will require a late-stage civilizational collapse or crisis to address it. No candidate in America seems courageous enough to act without a crisis.

Vote against Proposal 3 to stop digging an even faster hole.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 04:38 PM by RunningGame.)
10-24-2022 04:37 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

Or allow more people to migrate here. Be the melting pot that made America Great!
10-24-2022 04:45 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(10-24-2022 11:52 AM)Brownandgoldlaker Wrote:  Trust Fund Solutions

"Some of our most important federal programs are financed through dedicated revenue sources and managed through federal trust funds. Over the next decade, these trust funds face a combined $3 trillion shortfall."

I realize there are many here who are really fixated on Trump, Jan. 6th, Bannon, QAonon Shaman, abortion, Putin/Russia, Alex Jones, etc., but in 15 days many of you will be voting for Congressional Representatives who will be responsible for addressing these important programs. But I don't see/hear politicians of either party campaigning with any solutions to address this (neither party wants to talk about it), nor do you see the media asking them questions about how they plan on solving these short falls.

Please do your research about your candidates regarding these important programs.

"If the GOP takes the House, we will force Biden to default the federal debt if he doesn't slash Social Security and Medicare."

Sincerely,
Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
10-24-2022 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flashboski Offline
1st String

(10-24-2022 04:45 PM)ktotten Wrote:  Or allow more people to migrate here. Be the melting pot that made America Great!

https://youtu.be/bCQ-GjHfbYw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-24-2022 06:43 PM
Advertisement

ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-24-2022 05:37 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  

"If the GOP takes the House, we will force Biden to default the federal debt if he doesn't slash Social Security and Medicare."

Sincerely,
Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

So it's settled, no MAGA-GOP will be amendable to addressing. Thanks, great discussion guys.
10-24-2022 07:25 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-24-2022 06:43 PM)Flashboski Wrote:  
(10-24-2022 04:45 PM)ktotten Wrote:  Or allow more people to migrate here. Be the melting pot that made America Great!

https://youtu.be/bCQ-GjHfbYw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! That was back when it was great.
10-24-2022 07:25 PM
Brownandgoldlaker Offline
1st String

I Root For: westernmichigan

Sincerely,
Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

can you site where you found this quote?
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 09:13 PM by Brownandgoldlaker.)
10-24-2022 09:09 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-24-2022 09:09 PM)Brownandgoldlaker Wrote:  

Sincerely,
Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

Are you saying this isn't the strategy if the GOP takes the house or are you splitting hairs over the quote?
10-24-2022 09:24 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-24-2022 09:09 PM)Brownandgoldlaker Wrote:  

Sincerely,
Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

Better check Politifact.
10-25-2022 04:57 AM
Advertisement

Fights for Justice

(10-24-2022 09:09 PM)Brownandgoldlaker Wrote:  can you site where you found this quote?

Cite

Reality, join us

EDIT: Just did a search, took five seconds to find this: https://news.yahoo.com/kevin-mccarthy-pl...36292.html
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 06:35 AM by Charm City Bronco.)
10-25-2022 06:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-25-2022 06:34 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(10-24-2022 09:09 PM)Brownandgoldlaker Wrote:  can you site where you found this quote?

Cite

Reality, join us

EDIT: Just did a search, took five seconds to find this: https://news.yahoo.com/kevin-mccarthy-pl...36292.html

Cool story but that quote isn't in there.
10-25-2022 07:08 AM
Fights for Justice

(10-25-2022 07:08 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  Cool story but that quote isn't in there.

"Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) confirmed in a newly published interview with Punchbowl News that the GOP will look to use the federal debt limit as leverage to force Democratic concessions on spending. The cuts could potentially involve Social Security and Medicare."
10-25-2022 07:14 AM
Fights for Justice

(10-24-2022 09:24 PM)ktotten Wrote:  Are you saying this isn't the strategy if the GOP takes the house or are you splitting hairs over the quote?

They're gonna fill their diapers and cry if McCarthy isn't quoted exactly as saying that. Though anyone with half a brain and isn't a fascist knows he said it. As he says it in the story.
10-25-2022 07:15 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2022 07:14 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  

"Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) confirmed in a newly published interview with Punchbowl News that the GOP will look to use the federal debt limit as leverage to force Democratic concessions on spending. The cuts could potentially involve Social Security and Medicare."

Is it me, or is the GOP playing with fire whenever they threaten SS and Medicare? Older Gen Xers and especially Boomers skew Republican.
10-25-2022 07:49 AM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

Lol this is nowhere near that quote.
10-25-2022 08:30 AM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-25-2022 08:30 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  

LOL but it's their stated goal. LOL.
10-25-2022 08:34 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-25-2022 08:34 AM)ktotten Wrote:  

Stated by who?
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 08:38 AM by GRBRONCO.)
10-25-2022 08:38 AM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-25-2022 08:38 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(10-25-2022 08:34 AM)ktotten Wrote:  

Stated by who?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/24...t-00062919

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...story.html

Just a few of many.
10-25-2022 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.