Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oblique Strain Treatment & Projected Recovery Times
Bookmark and Share
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Oblique Strain Treatment & Projected Recovery Times
Success for the rest of JMU’s FB season would seem to depend on TC’s recovery from what has been described as a strained oblique.

To my knowledge no information has been released about whether TC’s strain is internal to the abdomen or hip, or external on the surface of his muscles. Nor do we have detailed info about how extreme TC’s strain is.

That said, I thought it would be helpful if a bit of general info about oblique strains was shared on the board.

I’ve heard it could be 4 weeks before TC is back (meaning he’d miss the rest of the season except Coastal). On the other hand, he might be back in 2 weeks, depending on the severity of the strain and how TC responds to the treatment. Let’s hope for a quick and full recovery.

https://www.belmarrahealth.com/oblique-s...exercises/
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2022 01:55 PM by Longhorn.)
10-23-2022 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Oblique Strain Treatment & Projected Recovery Times
By the way he was moving on the field and dapping up teammates, I will bet that he is back for Louisville. Let him rest for another 1 1/2 weeks then get him a few practices to prep towards the end of next week.
Hopefully it helps his shoulder get better too.
10-23-2022 02:01 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(10-23-2022 02:01 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  By the way he was moving on the field and dapping up teammates, I will bet that he is back for Louisville. Let him rest for another 1 1/2 weeks then get him a few practices to prep towards the end of next week.
Yes, and while he sits and watches his career tick away he’ll probably want to be out there more than not and willing to deal with the pain.
10-23-2022 02:25 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

(10-23-2022 01:53 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  Success for the rest of JMU’s FB season would seem to depend on TC’s recovery from what has been described as a strained oblique.

To my knowledge no information has been released about whether TC’s strain is internal to the abdomen or hip, or external on the surface of his muscles. Nor do we have detailed info about how extreme TC’s strain is.

That said, I thought it would be helpful if a bit of general info about oblique strains was shared on the board.

I’ve heard it could be 4 weeks before TC is back (meaning he’d miss the rest of the season except Coastal). On the other hand, he might be back in 2 weeks, depending on the severity of the strain and how TC responds to the treatment. Let’s hope for a quick and full recovery.

What was it you taught at JMU again? This is like the old guy that cuts your hair explaining how nuclear fusion works based on what he googled.
10-23-2022 06:14 PM
Advertisement

CarRamrod Online
1st String

Mettlen is reporting that the JMU medical staff are optimistic Centeio and Wyatt could be back by UL. Avoiding setbacks this week should be easy, without the need to have them practice.
10-23-2022 08:23 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I just hope Cig isn't all tight lipped about it. You know Louisville is preparing for Centeio either way. I don't wanna miss the trip if Toddy plays but don't wanna waste the money and more importantly time away if he doesn't.
10-23-2022 08:42 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2022 06:14 PM)2Buck Wrote:  
(10-23-2022 01:53 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  Success for the rest of JMU’s FB season would seem to depend on TC’s recovery from what has been described as a strained oblique.

What was it you taught at JMU again? This is like the old guy that cuts your hair explaining how nuclear fusion works based on what he googled.

Perhaps someone can open and read the attached link for you as apparently you’re unable to grasp basic information. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2022 09:07 PM by Longhorn.)
10-23-2022 09:06 PM
Advertisement

Uncle Ron's Valet Offline
Water Engineer

Any info on Walker, Kidwell, and Wyatt? Other pretty important injuries.
10-23-2022 09:16 PM
JMUPride Offline
1st String

(10-23-2022 02:25 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(10-23-2022 02:01 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  By the way he was moving on the field and dapping up teammates, I will bet that he is back for Louisville. Let him rest for another 1 1/2 weeks then get him a few practices to prep towards the end of next week.
Yes, and while he sits and watches his career tick away he’ll probably want to be out there more than not and willing to deal with the pain.

This
10-23-2022 10:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2022 10:20 PM)JMUPride Wrote:  
(10-23-2022 02:25 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

This

I agree, and I’m hopeful TC will be back soon. JMU definitely needs him for the last of the East divisional games, especially for ODU and Coastal. As a player, knowing these are his last chances on the field as a college QB, you’d think he’d risk playing vs. further injury.
10-24-2022 06:32 AM
Advertisement

Dukes94 Offline
All American

I hope if TC isn't back, that whoever starts at QB is a really quick study. Holy Duke Dog, Batman.

And I hope one of our four freshman QBs has tremendous upside.

You know, Tyrod Taylor sucked at first, too.
10-24-2022 03:59 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

(10-24-2022 03:59 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  I hope if TC isn't back, that whoever starts at QB is a really quick study. Holy Duke Dog, Batman.

And I hope one of our four freshman QBs has tremendous upside.

You know, Tyrod Taylor sucked at first, too.

I wouldn't worry about Billy. He has a live arm which we saw on some throws, but wasn't up to game speed, partially because he didn't get much reps in games earlier in the year. He also didn't get much reps in the week leading up to Marshall, a team that happens to be the most complete defense we've faced all year, and the same team that shut down ND and made them look pathetic.

I bet with a whole week of practice he'll look better vs Louisville than he did last week if it comes down to it.
10-24-2022 05:08 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I hope so. Might be a lesson to Cig—let the backup QB get some reps during the season, especially when the QB room is one very old senior and four freshmen. In the CAA, you could lose a Toddy and still beat most of the teams in the league. Not so much now…
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 05:27 PM by Dukes94.)
10-24-2022 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.