Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

INJURY REPORT
Bookmark and Share
sekudog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
INJURY REPORT
We should have a pinned Injury Report thread - every Sat morning I scour the other posts for news on injuries. This week vs. Marshall:

Is Percy still 100%
Is Kaelon back this week for sure?
Are the guys who went off the field last week back? Kidwell was one I cannot remember the other.
Didn't we have some DLine guys out last week??

Any info appreciated.
10-22-2022 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: INJURY REPORT
(10-22-2022 07:48 AM)sekudog Wrote:  We should have a pinned Injury Report thread - every Sat morning I scour the other posts for news on injuries. This week vs. Marshall:

Is Percy still 100%
Are the guys who went off the field last week back? Kidwell was one I cannot remember the other.

Any info appreciated.

You’re not going to find or receive much injury info. CC does not release that info, and as opposed to the NFL, there are no rules in college FB that require him to do so.

You’re going to have to wait until game time and see who is suited up, and even then who plays.

Kidwell is the biggest question mark (and would be the biggest loss) IMO. Look for him in warmups.
10-22-2022 07:54 AM
sekudog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(10-22-2022 07:54 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(10-22-2022 07:48 AM)sekudog Wrote:  We should have a pinned Injury Report thread - every Sat morning I scour the other posts for news on injuries. This week vs. Marshall:

Is Percy still 100%

Any info appreciated.

You’re not going to find or receive much injury info. CC does not release that info, and as opposed to the NFL, there are no rules in college FB that require him to do so.

You’re going to have to wait until game time and see who is suited up, and even then who plays.

Kidwell is the biggest question mark (and would be the biggest loss) IMO. Look for him in warmups.

Yes I am aware of that but I have heard rumors that there is a group who DOES get an injury report - probably not true but if so I am seeking their input. Also lots of folks with kids on the team hear things and whatnot. Still think it is worthwhile to have a pinned post so that whatever we can post, we do.
10-22-2022 08:04 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Kidwell was listed atop the depth chart released this week.

Kamara was listed as 2nd team.

Black was listed 3rd and Cig said a week or so ago he should be back for this game.

It seems like other than some nagging minor ailments, we are fully healthy and dressed, the only exception being Van Horse, which kinda sucks as he brought a different dimension to the backfield.
10-22-2022 08:55 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2022 08:55 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Kidwell was listed atop the depth chart released this week.

Kamara was listed as 2nd team.

Black was listed 3rd and Cig said a week or so ago he should be back for this game.

It seems like other than some nagging minor ailments, we are fully healthy and dressed, the only exception being Van Horse, which kinda sucks as he brought a different dimension to the backfield.

I don't put a lot of stock in the game notes depth chart under Cignetti. Kamara was been listed in Game Notes as either starter or 2nd team for the Ark St and Ga Southern games and never saw the field.

Would be nice if we could get our 2nd team CBs back. Neither played last week. And though I haven't heard anything other than Cignetti's post game press conference, he did give a preliminary guess on high ankle sprains for Kidwell and Jackson. If I see either on the field today, that'll be a pleasant surprise.
10-22-2022 09:42 AM
JMUDukes1750 Offline
Special Teams

No Centeio today
10-22-2022 01:47 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Centeio isn’t dressed. Boo
10-22-2022 01:59 PM
fishingduke12 Offline
All American

Kidwell, kamara and mateo jackson all out today along with Centeio. Really not liking the way today is shaping up
10-22-2022 02:11 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

(10-22-2022 02:11 PM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  Kidwell, kamara and mateo jackson all out today along with Centeio. Really not liking the way today is shaping up

The silver lining is that there is no postseason on line. Cig can give meaningful game reps to guys that will be starting next year.
We’ll see if they are good enough to scratch out a win with QB, RT, and DE all out. There will certainly be a drop off.

Success for QB Atkins is zero turnovers. I don’t care if his completion percentage is 45%. Just value the ball and have the defense win the game.
10-22-2022 02:16 PM
fishingduke12 Offline
All American

(10-22-2022 02:16 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  
(10-22-2022 02:11 PM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  Kidwell, kamara and mateo jackson all out today along with Centeio. Really not liking the way today is shaping up

The silver lining is that there is no postseason on line. Cig can give meaningful game reps to guys that will be starting next year.
We’ll see if they are good enough to scratch out a win with QB, RT, and DE all out. There will certainly be a drop off.

Success for QB Atkins is zero turnovers. I don’t care if his completion percentage is 45%. Just value the ball and have the defense win the game.

Guess today's the day we find out if we have the FBS depth everyone keeps talking about
10-22-2022 02:18 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

Time to see what we are made of.

When we win today, the few remaining haters outside JMu will lose another talking point against us:

“Let’s see how they do mid season when the injuries start to pile up”
10-22-2022 02:22 PM
Advertisement

JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
INJURY REPORT
Kidwell came through P Lot with a Boot on one of those push scooters.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
10-22-2022 04:35 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

(10-22-2022 04:35 PM)JMU85 Wrote:  Kidwell came through P Lot with a Boot on one of those push scooters.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Damn. Wonder how long that scooter will be out for?

Also, Props to our athletic trainers for engineering a boot for the scooter so quick.
10-22-2022 06:24 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Cig said TC’s injury is a strained oblique and it happened Thursday in practice so Atkins had one day of practice with the ones.
Should be back after the Bye to give our best shot against P5 Louisville.

The Dukes can overcome injuries to both OT’s, a DE, a LB. But not to the QB. We knew TC was a rent a QB for one year as JMU transitions and it was much needed. Atkins is not ready for big time football and Cig certainly recruits at least one transfer QB in the off-season.
Just brutal at the backup QB spot and let the team down at the most critical position.
10-22-2022 06:53 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2022 02:16 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Success for QB Atkins is zero turnovers. I don’t care if his completion percentage is 45%. Just value the ball and have the defense win the game.

Well, FB is a team sport, so I acknowledge that you shouldn’t blame one player for a loss, but the JMU D played well enough to win today. On the other hand, this old Prof has to award Billy (and the O) a failing grade for their performance today.

Egad…for a moment I was having flashbacks thinking the Nooch was JMU’s QB, and JMU was playing Colgate again in the FCS playoffs. 03-lmfao

Congrats to Marshall, but a big FU to the JMU alum who sat behind me. This twit kept uttering inane cheers for the Herd because (although they admitted to being a proud JMU alum) they were from Huntington and “wanted both sides to do well”….05-mafia

I wanted to ask this person “is this Huntington’s Homecoming too?” 04-chairshot
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2022 07:14 PM by Longhorn.)
10-22-2022 07:13 PM
MarginalDuke Online
1st String

Cignetti said that Todd's oblique injury was a "freak injury" and doesn't know how long he'll be out.

In theory Kidwell should be back for UL, however we have question marks for these players.

Todd Centeio
Tyshawn Wyatt
Jaylin Walker
Jalen Green
Sam Kidd
Solomon VanHorse
Brent Austin - Benched or Injured, thought I saw him on the sideline not dressed
10-22-2022 08:16 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

We’ll see how many starters are still missing after the Bye vs Louisville.
I suspect half are done for the year based on Cig’s comments.
As long as TC comes back, the team will be fine this year.

Oblique injury in practice? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a QB with an oblique injury in practice. And it was bad enough to not play although Cig said they were considering playing him up until 24 hours before game time.
10-22-2022 08:54 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(10-22-2022 02:18 PM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  Guess today's the day we find out if we have the FBS depth everyone keeps talking about
We found out, we don’t!
10-22-2022 09:43 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(10-22-2022 08:16 PM)MarginalDuke Wrote:  In theory Kidwell should be back for UL, however we have question marks for these players.
He said the boot will be on for 2 more weeks, hoping to be back for Louisville but probably more like ODU.
10-22-2022 09:45 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2022 08:16 PM)MarginalDuke Wrote:  Cignetti said that Todd's oblique injury was a "freak injury" and doesn't know how long he'll be out.

In theory Kidwell should be back for UL, however we have question marks for these players.

Todd Centeio
Tyshawn Wyatt
Jaylin Walker
Jalen Green
Sam Kidd
Solomon VanHorse
Brent Austin - Benched or Injured, thought I saw him on the sideline not dressed

Perhaps if it's a regular sprain, but not if it's a high ankle sprain. That's usually a 4-6 week minimum.
10-22-2022 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.