Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New TV Deal Options
Bookmark and Share
jones682 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
New TV Deal Options
What company do you think the new TV deal will be? ESPN, CBS, FOX, Amazon, Stadium just to name a few
10-18-2022 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: New TV Deal Options
(10-18-2022 12:24 PM)jones682 Wrote:  What company do you think the new TV deal will be? ESPN, CBS, FOX, Amazon, Stadium just to name a few

I have no insight into the negotiations but I'd be surprised if our main platform is ESPN but I'd wager they will be part of the solution.

Amazon would be interesting but I'm gonna go with CBS or Fox or combination of the two.
10-18-2022 12:29 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(10-18-2022 12:24 PM)jones682 Wrote:  What company do you think the new TV deal will be? ESPN, CBS, FOX, Amazon, Stadium just to name a few

ESPN
10-18-2022 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course

Some rumors (no facts known) that have appeared on twitter, and the always reliable realignment board, say that CUSA will not have so many partners. Likely 2 and most likely cbssn and espn. Some speculation thar Turner Sports might be interested. We should know by at least sometime in December.

Some also speculate that in order to get a decent deal, there will have to be a GOR of some kind.
10-18-2022 12:36 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, Clemson
Turner Sports would be an interesting outlet I think. We wouldn’t be competing with all the other conferences for air time and TBS is easily accessible for most people.
10-18-2022 01:03 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
I am betting ESPN and CBS Sports Net. Similar to how the MAC works where some content gets sublicensed to CBS from ESPN. Doubt we will see many if any contests on ESPN's linear networks. Mostly ESPN+. Maybe we get the Men's Basketball CCG on ESPN2 or something. Football CCG probably remains on CBS Sports Net. I am guessing $750k payout per member. All conjecture on my part.
10-18-2022 01:07 PM
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
I don't think we should focus on the money of the deal but the exposure. Take less money and be on the main platforms with good times and days for games and the popularity might go up if the product is good enough.
10-18-2022 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(10-18-2022 01:07 PM)freshtop Wrote:  I am betting ESPN and CBS Sports Net. Similar to how the MAC works where some content gets sublicensed to CBS from ESPN. Doubt we will see many if any contests on ESPN's linear networks. Mostly ESPN+. Maybe we get the Men's Basketball CCG on ESPN2 or something. Football CCG probably remains on CBS Sports Net. I am guessing $750k payout per member. All conjecture on my part.

That money would be a raise and a step in the right direction. A deal that keeps all our streamed games on espn+ would be a positive.

I'm guessing a raise will require a few week night games and as long as each school is only subject to one home game per season on a week night, that would be accepable if the money makes it worthwhile. Good exposure as well.

Most linear games on cbssn but at least a handful on espn linear would improve exposure.

If all those things come to fruition, I will be pleased with the CUSA effort and results this go around.

If a media partner wants some late night football, both NMSU and UTEP can accomodate that.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2022 01:20 PM by MinerInWisconsin.)
10-18-2022 01:16 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
ESPN+
10-18-2022 04:09 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-18-2022 04:09 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  ESPN+

Just a guess, CUSA may get a mac midweek offer. Possibly moving Sun Belt to more Saturday ESPNU games.
10-18-2022 04:23 PM
jbuck1999 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SHSU
(10-18-2022 04:23 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Just a guess, CUSA may get a mac midweek offer. Possibly moving Sun Belt to more Saturday ESPNU games.

My guess is CBS or FOX, leaning more towards FOX. But as others have said, I hope we keep streaming on ESPN+

I've heard those rumors about Turner Sports, not sure what I think about it, not sure much about it either...where do you even watch those games? I want to keep a few games on real TV for exposure, the nightly scroll through the channels, oh look football's on.
10-18-2022 04:53 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I am very much hoping for ESPN. It gives the greatest visibility and clout in my opinion.

Amazon is a bit intriguing.

I don’t mind Wed., Thu., Fri. games. It’s just chances to see more football.
10-18-2022 06:12 PM
AvgSportsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Sports
(10-18-2022 01:03 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  Turner Sports would be an interesting outlet I think. We wouldn’t be competing with all the other conferences for air time and TBS is easily accessible for most people.

Turner Sports is very interesting. No competition as mentioned above. It would also possibly explain the Kennesaw addition, since it's located relatively close to Turner Broadcasting Systems (or whatever WB calls it) and in a large market. Do they have streaming services for C-USA olympic sports coverage???
I would have no clue what the dollars would look like. Maybe descent since C-USA gets them into the colligate athletics market. Or less because Turner knows it would be providing exposure to a C-USA desperate for it. Thoughts?
10-18-2022 06:13 PM
AvgSportsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Sports
(10-18-2022 04:53 PM)jbuck1999 Wrote:  

My guess is CBS or FOX, leaning more towards FOX. But as others have said, I hope we keep streaming on ESPN+

I've heard those rumors about Turner Sports, not sure what I think about it, not sure much about it either...where do you even watch those games? I want to keep a few games on real TV for exposure, the nightly scroll through the channels, oh look football's on.

You might want to checkout Turners channel line up. There are many options. And most are included with most basic cable packages. Not sure about their streaming options.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2022 06:19 PM by AvgSportsFan.)
10-18-2022 06:18 PM
Hootyhoo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Idk if I'd like this as fan. But we're spitballing here. Could we do the opposite of the mac? We all play week 0 and 1 ooc. Bye week at the same time, then play midweek for 4 or 5 weeks when there is no midweek football before maction starts up. Then we bye again and go back to Saturdays. maybe do 9 conference games since finding ooc that late in the season could be hard.

I could see that getting 3 or 4 conference games on tv every week for the 4 or 5 weeks of midweek games.
10-18-2022 07:11 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(10-18-2022 07:11 PM)Hootyhoo Wrote:  Idk if I'd like this as fan. But we're spitballing here. Could we do the opposite of the mac? We all play week 0 and 1 ooc. Bye week at the same time, then play midweek for 4 or 5 weeks when there is no midweek football before maction starts up. Then we bye again and go back to Saturdays. maybe do 9 conference games since finding ooc that late in the season could be hard.

I could see that getting 3 or 4 conference games on tv every week for the 4 or 5 weeks of midweek games.

Kids these days
10-18-2022 07:49 PM
Advertisement

inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
PBS
10-18-2022 08:00 PM
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

I'd rather keep the crappy deal we have now.
10-18-2022 08:01 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

Some rumors (just rumors) of a GOR with this media deal.

I find it difficult to believe.
10-18-2022 09:36 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

(10-18-2022 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Some rumors (just rumors) of a GOR with this media deal.

I find it difficult to believe.

Can't imagine it would be for very long (the GOR or the deal). Too many uncertainties right now. I would guess a 7 year deal max.
10-18-2022 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.