Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 4 Open Thread
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
Week 4 Open Thread
Anyone watching a classic VT-WVU Thursday night game?
09-22-2022 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: Week 4 Open Thread
I’m tracking it via espn gamecast, but I can’t really tell if the teams are playing well.
09-22-2022 07:26 PM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ
(09-22-2022 07:12 PM)random asian guy Wrote:  Anyone watching a classic VT-WVU Thursday night game?

Yup. Both Schools looks good. We need the win badly. But Va. Tech has a really good defense. 2nd Half will be a good one..
09-22-2022 08:19 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Man, I hate that VT gave up that late TD.
09-22-2022 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

It’s the battle of past and future conference mates, the only variable is time.
09-22-2022 09:03 PM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Would I be stating the obvious to say that Tech needs to tighten up that run defense?
09-22-2022 09:15 PM
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I once saw BC score 2 TDs in 2 minutes, so there is plenty of time for VT to overcome this deficit.
09-22-2022 09:27 PM
MKPitt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
I wanted VT to win but I guess at least it gives me more confidence that Pitt is good now that I think WVU is a pretty good team.
09-22-2022 09:37 PM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
Penalties killed us.
09-22-2022 09:46 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
VT looks like a 4-8 team this year
09-22-2022 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

Hokies offense is brutal, but not as bad as the color commentator tonight.
09-22-2022 10:03 PM
Advertisement

jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

Good Game Hokies.

Always a pleasure to play both good team and program! Sorry for your loss but we really needed it badly. Also, I totally agree with Random Asian Guy penalties killed you. Extremely lopsided penalty calls and more than a couple should have not been called. WVU was a better team tonight but w/o the penalties, not 23 points better. Va Tech is a good team and will be in a good bowl. In addition, the ACC is STACKED. I am willing to put ACC at the Number 2 Power Conference in the Country. Good Va. Tech and the rest of ACC unless y'all playing a XII team. Great game and one of top venues in the country!

jtwvu87
09-22-2022 10:19 PM
OrangeDude Offline
Special Teams

(09-22-2022 10:19 PM)jtwvu87 Wrote:  Good Game Hokies.

Always a pleasure to play both good team and program! Sorry for your loss but we really needed it badly. Also, I totally agree with Random Asian Guy penalties killed you. Extremely lopsided penalty calls and more than a couple should have not been called. WVU was a better team tonight but w/o the penalties, not 23 points better. Va Tech is a good team and will be in a good bowl. In addition, the ACC is STACKED. I am willing to put ACC at the Number 2 Power Conference in the Country. Good Va. Tech and the rest of ACC unless y'all playing a XII team. Great game and one of top venues in the country!

jtwvu87

WVU belongs in the ACC. Now that SU has a chance of being Bowl Eligible this year looking forward to kicking your butts. 03-nutkick

All in good fun.

Cheers,
Neil
09-23-2022 01:04 AM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

(09-22-2022 09:03 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  It’s the battle of past and future conference mates, the only variable is time.

Howdy!

I Hope you are right.
09-23-2022 03:43 PM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

(09-23-2022 01:04 AM)OrangeDude Wrote:  
(09-22-2022 10:19 PM)jtwvu87 Wrote:  Good Game Hokies.

jtwvu87

WVU belongs in the ACC. Now that SU has a chance of being Bowl Eligible this year looking forward to kicking your butts. 03-nutkick

All in good fun.

Cheers,
Neil

Howdy Neil. I agree with we belong in the ACC; but I am not sure we will make a bowl. I am praying and would love to match up with the your Orangemen...Always a great rivalry match up. BTW, great win last week against Purdue. Also, y'all look to be ready to romp. Beating UL 31-7 was really an impressive win. I mean I watched UL vs FSU and boy what a damn game that was. UL and FSU are good. Like I said, the ACC is stacked. Good luck to y'all the rest of the year Neil.
09-23-2022 03:49 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

'Cuse looked good in the first half, except in the red zone, settling for 3 FGs.
Now it looks like they're trying to give the game to UVa in the 2nd half.

UVA 13, Syracuse 16
09-23-2022 08:25 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Loved the comradery in this game. The Virginia players surrounding Garret Shrader and I assume congratulating him. Very classy team in losing.
Virginia played very well. A lot better than I thought they would. The last couple weeks have me second guessing as to how good Syracuse really is.
09-23-2022 09:47 PM
OrangeDude Offline
Special Teams

As they say, "a win is a win". Two cardiac finishes in a row. Last week was understandable - Purdue is a very good team. Tonight, both us and the Cavs shot our own selves in the foot. Like neither one of us really wanted the win.

The real test for Syracuse begins in three weeks. We have five games in a row that will determine if we get a good bowl or a lower level bowl.

Cheers,
Neil
09-23-2022 10:49 PM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

You are what your record says you are. Even national championship teams get lucky.
09-23-2022 11:00 PM
tj_2009 Offline
1st String

(09-23-2022 09:47 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Loved the comradery in this game. The Virginia players surrounding Garret Shrader and I assume congratulating him. Very classy team in losing.
Virginia played very well. A lot better than I thought they would. The last couple weeks have me second guessing as to how good Syracuse really is.

I think the announcers said that both the quarterback for Virginia and Syracuse's quarterback Garret Shrader were both with Mississippi State in the Quarterback room. It seemed like both coaches were friendly too. I think they are the only two black football head coaches in the ACC.
I am surprised too about how good Syracuse is. The coaches have done a great job teaching the players how to play and the coaches have done a good job. Syracuse usually has the worst recruiting classes in the ACC and to finish above the bottom shows that the coaches are teaching the players the right thing as well as the players are working hard. It also helps to have a great field goal kicker. I would not be surprised to see him kick in the NFL.
09-24-2022 12:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.