Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC is relocating HQ to Charlotte
Gitanole Offline
Barista

I Root For: Florida State
ACC is relocating HQ to Charlotte
It's official: The ACC is relocating its main office from Greensboro to Charlotte.

The ACC’s new headquarters will be located in Uptown Charlotte as part of Legacy Union’s Bank of America Tower. The development includes the world headquarters of Honeywell and major corporate offices for Bank of America, Deloitte, JLL, Robinson Bradshaw and Parker Poe.

The league will use the 2022-23 academic year as a transition period to complete the relocation process.

https://theacc.com/news/2022/9/20/genera...lotte.aspx

https://richmond.com/sports/college/acc-...c338a.html
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 09:49 AM by Gitanole.)
09-20-2022 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
RE: ACC is relocating HQ to Charlotte
A lot of people will look at this and suggest that it's somehow a loss for "Tobacco Road".

In reality Charlotte is the core of Duke's financial support in the State of NC so it's a win for Duke, Clemson, and UNC. A loss for VT, UVa, and WF. It's a neutral event for everyone else unless they like being close to Mustard BBQ.
09-20-2022 10:43 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-20-2022 10:43 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  A lot of people will look at this and suggest that it's somehow a loss for "Tobacco Road".

In reality Charlotte is the core of Duke's financial support in the State of NC so it's a win for Duke, Clemson, and UNC. A loss for VT, UVa, and WF. It's a neutral event for everyone else unless they like being close to Mustard BBQ.

It will definitely be viewed as stepping away from Tobacco Road.

On the whole I'd say this is the right decision. It was certainly easy to foresee. My biggest problem with it: this should've been done 15 to 20 years ago.
09-20-2022 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
I'm speechless.......

and not happy.
09-20-2022 12:14 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
A blind man could have seen this coming. If The ACC really cared about actual change they would have moved the headquarters to Atlanta or New York. Now that would have caused a stir.

A 93 mile move of The ACC offices from Greensboro to Charlotte would seriously have gone unnoticed by anyone not from the state of North Carolina if they hadn’t announced it.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 12:30 PM by CardinalJim.)
09-20-2022 12:27 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(09-20-2022 12:14 PM)XLance Wrote:  I'm speechless.......

and not happy.

I concur ...
but for different reasons ...

THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND U
09-20-2022 12:43 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(09-20-2022 12:27 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  A blind man could have seen this coming. If The ACC really cared about actual change they would have moved the headquarters to Atlanta or New York. Now that would have caused a stir.

A 93 mile move of The ACC offices from Greensboro to Charlotte would seriously have gone unnoticed by anyone not from the state of North Carolina if they hadn’t announced it.

TRUTH!
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 01:00 PM by cuseroc.)
09-20-2022 12:59 PM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(09-20-2022 10:43 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  A lot of people will look at this and suggest that it's somehow a loss for "Tobacco Road".

Never really tried Mustard based BBQ. Then again, haven't spent too much time in South Carolina. Will have to try some the next time I go through SC.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 02:00 PM by Indytarheel.)
09-20-2022 02:00 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Besides Charlotte having an air hub, home of the ACC FB CCG, NFL and NBA, etc., this move will put ACC HQ a short drive from ESPNU, ESPN Events (bowls), and the SEC Network HQ.
09-20-2022 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wahoowa84 Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa
(09-20-2022 02:41 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Besides Charlotte having an air hub, home of the ACC FB CCG, NFL and NBA, etc., this move will put ACC HQ a short drive from ESPNU, ESPN Events (bowls), and the SEC Network HQ.

Wait. You’re telling me that the ACCHQ is moving closer to Raycom HQ? Hilarious
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 02:59 PM by Wahoowa84.)
09-20-2022 02:58 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-20-2022 02:41 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Besides Charlotte having an air hub, home of the ACC FB CCG, NFL and NBA, etc., this move will put ACC HQ a short drive from ESPNU, ESPN Events (bowls), and the SEC Network HQ.

accn airs sh*t I refuse to watch ...

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE
09-20-2022 03:02 PM
Advertisement

nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
complete non issue that means absolutely nothing.
09-20-2022 03:36 PM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
No surprise here. Almost everyone expected Charlotte would be chosen as Charlotte makes a lot of sense. Phillips probably didn’t even have to hire the consultants.
09-20-2022 03:39 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke

I don't comprehend this post. Duke University gets financial support from all over the country. Clemson and UNC each get support from across the states they're located in. Charlotte is only more important to Duke and UNC because it's a larger city but I'm sure that neither really wanted the conference HQs to relocate. The conference has roots. We should respect them.
09-20-2022 03:58 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-20-2022 03:36 PM)nole Wrote:  complete non issue that means absolutely nothing.

https://twitter.com/EddieWootenNR/status...7087031299

why the tax incentive then ...

DISTINCTION WITHOUT A DIFFERENCE
09-20-2022 04:04 PM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(09-20-2022 04:04 PM)green Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 03:36 PM)nole Wrote:  complete non issue that means absolutely nothing.

The State is certainly being fast and free with our tax money.
The little guy keeps paying taxes and the "government" keeps giving it away in ways the taxpayers would have never dreamed of.
09-20-2022 04:41 PM
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(09-20-2022 03:58 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  

I don't comprehend this post. Duke University gets financial support from all over the country. Clemson and UNC each get support from across the states they're located in. Charlotte is only more important to Duke and UNC because it's a larger city but I'm sure that neither really wanted the conference HQs to relocate. The conference has roots. We should respect them.

The Duke Endowment is located in Charlotte. Duke Energy was formed by Duke family investment in a small SC electric operation. Duke built two successful nuclear plants in the Charlotte Area. Duke Power CEO William S Lee is considered the State of NC's greatest economic developer. Duke didn't just spring forth from nowhere and there is more to the Duke family than Bull Durham Tobacco not the least of which the other families that married into each other. I guess they don't teach that at Duke anymore.
09-20-2022 06:58 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

Here is the truth for those brave enough to hear it - Greensboro and the Triad (High Point and Winston Salem) is falling further and further behind the Charlotte and Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, etc) metros in regard to overall education of the population and thereby per capita and per family income. The Triad is a set of large mill towns where single family owners owned everything. The tobacco mills, textile mills, furniture mills, and even companies like Pilot Life Insurance ran like a mill. The money went out of this group 30 years ago and Greensboro, WS, and HP suffer for it. The Triad also has a problem with too many smaller universities - WF, Winston Salem State, Salem College, Greensboro College, Guilford College, NC A&T, UNC-G, High Point University, etc. So outside the Greensboro Colosseum, the HP Furniture Market, and the Moravians around WF, there is no one central core and the overall populace is not nearly as wealthy as in the Triangle or Charlotte. This is part of the reason that WF is moving into Charlotte with a second medical school location.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 07:25 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
09-20-2022 07:22 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
It’s sad that the historic headquarters is moving. I’m surprised the SEC is still in Birmingham.
09-20-2022 07:28 PM
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
(09-20-2022 04:04 PM)green Wrote:  

Because cities want business in their city.

How does this advance the ACC in any way? $15 million doesn't even dent a current $20 million a year revenue gap, soon $40-$50 million a year.

Just means nothing.
09-20-2022 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.