Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BFS Alcohol Sales
Bookmark and Share
Top Dawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
BFS Alcohol Sales
New wristband procedure.

Wristbands – NEW for 2022, there are no longer separate wristband stations. All wristbands are obtained at alcohol sale locations. Guests can also obtain a wristband prior to stadium entry at the Guest Services Tent on the Plecker Athletics Performance Center patio.
Drink Limits – Guests may purchase two drinks per transaction with a maximum of four per event.
Sale Duration – Alcohol sales begin when gates open and conclude at the end of the third quarter.

https://jmusports.com/news/2022/8/30/foo...ition.aspx
08-30-2022 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
RE: BFS Alcohol Sales
Doesn't this align with what fans here recommended (after much frustration)
08-30-2022 06:28 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

I guess that’s a start and a step in the right direction. Unless they’ve greatly increased the amount of locations you can buy beer, the problem will remain though. Even after getting a wristband (which is stupid to require in the first place), the line for beer is obscene. Hopefully they’ve made changes there too

Edit: it appears they have not. There are two stands for the nosebleeds, 1 stand for the lower levels of the new side, and one stand for everyone else underneath the endzone section. The lines will still be absurd no doubt until they fix this. Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t think I am
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022 07:09 PM by James Madison.)
08-30-2022 07:02 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

I guess that’s a start and a step in the right direction. Unless they’ve greatly increased the amount of locations you can buy beer, the problem will remain though. Even after getting a wristband (which is stupid to require in the first place), the line for beer is obscene. Hopefully they’ve made changes there too
08-30-2022 07:09 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
If you need more beer for the 6pm kickoff, well, you didn't tailgate properly. We do like our beverages at JMU though.
08-31-2022 12:21 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
The changes don’t seem like much of a change. If anything it will slow things down as those in line already banded will be behind those in front that need a band and a beer.
08-31-2022 03:36 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(08-31-2022 03:36 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  The changes don’t seem like much of a change. If anything it will slow things down as those in line already banded will be behind those in front that need a band and a beer.

i kind of agree with you. it's another step in the process.
08-31-2022 03:53 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Best option is to get your wristband outside the stadium at the Guest Services Tent on the patio.
08-31-2022 04:32 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
(08-31-2022 03:36 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  The changes don’t seem like much of a change. If anything it will slow things down as those in line already banded will be behind those in front that need a band and a beer.

Depends how all this is organized at each location. We'll have to wait to see Saturday if it improves the flow or the lines are still crazy long. At least they are tweaking things and attempting to improve it. Hopefully if there are still bottlenecks they will adjust some more. Suspect some of this is due to ABC rules (the ID/wrist bands) and some of it also how Aramark is used to doing things. Maybe by Marshall or Coastal they'll have this all worked out.
08-31-2022 05:02 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Hopefully it means the staff used for the previous banding areas would be allocated to assist with sales in the normal areas. I do know last season I ran to get beers, saw the lines and quickly returned to my seats because I didn’t want to miss too much action. On a side note, the concession stand lines were unbearable too, mostly because the students stood in one long line leading up to the area the lines broke down to MANY lines, but they just stood there like mindless sheep waiting in their original line.
08-31-2022 05:08 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I know Penn State is doing beer sales this year and there was already a ton of grumbling about the process that sounds sort of like ours. Then again when you get 3-4 times as many people in a stadium and only have a few lines I’m sure theirs will be a mess and they’ll be a ton of griping on gameday. Thank goodness for the pre-gaming done in the parking lots. 04-cheers
08-31-2022 05:10 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2022 07:02 PM)James Madison Wrote:  I guess that’s a start and a step in the right direction. Unless they’ve greatly increased the amount of locations you can buy beer, the problem will remain though. Even after getting a wristband (which is stupid to require in the first place), the line for beer is obscene. Hopefully they’ve made changes there too

Please explain why wristbands are stupid.

In a venue where thousands of young, yet underaged adults not legally allowed to buy or consume alcohol are present, what system would you employ?
08-31-2022 05:20 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!

This. If I were in charge (which I am absolutely not) I would have one line for those with bands at least at the beginning of the game to try to get those folks served and out of the way. Once more folks have been banded, increase the number of lines (if there is more than one) for bands, again to try to keep folks moving along. People trying to get bands will not have their ID's ready and nobody will have their payment ready so it probably will not be any faster.

Glad I can drink my beer in the comfort of my living room and watch the game on TV.
08-31-2022 06:13 PM
14SemesterDuke Offline
1st String

The wristband change will make 0 improvements to the lines if they have the same amount of locations.

Maybe they won't run out of beer this season though?
08-31-2022 09:44 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

(08-31-2022 09:44 PM)14SemesterDuke Wrote:  The wristband change will make 0 improvements to the lines if they have the same amount of locations.

Yeah nothing changes until they increase the amount of lines to buy beer
08-31-2022 09:47 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

The only games there could be a chance of running out should be GA State and Coastal. They will know the season is winding down and will not be wanting to "eat" any leftover beer.
09-01-2022 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

And any leftover brew could be transferred up to the Bank for b-ball game sales.
09-01-2022 06:56 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
(08-31-2022 09:47 PM)James Madison Wrote:  
(08-31-2022 09:44 PM)14SemesterDuke Wrote:  The wristband change will make 0 improvements to the lines if they have the same amount of locations.

Yeah nothing changes until they increase the amount of lines to buy beer

If they sub this process (and profits) out to a private enterprise...you'll see the fastest lines ever
09-01-2022 06:58 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
The lines seemed pretty good to me on Saturday.

Think I spent maybe 3 minutes waiting one time, the other was more like. 30 seconds. But also got the wristband in advance and didn't try to go at halftime.

The only thing I think would help a bit more would be to have a different entrance point for people who already have the wristband.
09-05-2022 12:46 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

What beer line did you use! Each time I looked at the line behind 212 it looked the same as previous games. Also, the concession lines behind 209 were absolutely packed with students all game; the lines at the other end weren’t too bad but students just remain in lines like sheep.
09-05-2022 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.