Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App State vs UNC-Chapel Hill pregame discussion
Bookmark and Share
APPrising Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
App State vs UNC-Chapel Hill pregame discussion
Starting this early since it is our first game. UNC fans saying this is our Super Bowl. We are looking forward to this game in Boone, yes. But our Super Bowl? We won our only match up against them and this game is a toss up per Vegas standards. I fully expect to win and don’t view UNC as a premium football program. There are better football programs in the Sun Belt.
08-24-2022 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Goronic Offline
1st String

RE: App State vs UNC-Chapel Hill pregame discussion
(08-24-2022 09:46 AM)APPrising Wrote:  Starting this early since it is our first game. UNC fans saying this is our Super Bowl. We are looking forward to this game in Boone, yes. But our Super Bowl? We won our only match up against them and this game is a toss up per Vegas standards. I fully expect to win and don’t view UNC as a premium football program. There are better football programs in the Sun Belt.

We are actually 1-1 against UNC (they beat us back in the 40's I think LOL).

This will be a tough game for App State to win, but it is doable. Being at home will be a big deal, and we will have tape on THIS UNC team because they play in week 0.

All in all it should be a good game. UNC is no joke though, most unbiased 'experts' have them going better than 8 wins with obviously a Power 5 schedule.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022 09:52 AM by Goronic.)
08-24-2022 09:50 AM
APPrising Offline
1st String

(08-24-2022 09:50 AM)Goronic Wrote:  
(08-24-2022 09:46 AM)APPrising Wrote:  Starting this early since it is our first game. UNC fans saying this is our Super Bowl. We are looking forward to this game in Boone, yes. But our Super Bowl? We won our only match up against them and this game is a toss up per Vegas standards. I fully expect to win and don’t view UNC as a premium football program. There are better football programs in the Sun Belt.

We are actually 1-1 against UNC (they beat us back in the 40's I think LOL).

This will be a tough game for App State to win, but it is doable. Being at home will be a big deal, and we will have tape on THIS UNC team because they play in week 0.

All in all it should be a good game. UNC is no joke though, most unbiased 'experts' have them going better than 8 wins with obviously a Power 5 schedule.

That’d be easy money going for the under. They have 5 ranked opponents on their schedule plus us. VTech, Duke and UVA are usually tough games for them, too. I’m looking at 6 wins, tops, as a biased non-expert 03-drunk
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022 10:11 AM by APPrising.)
08-24-2022 10:10 AM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
I hate when people say that playing XYZ is your 'Super Bowl' when it's cool but at the end of the day it's just another game on the schedule you're looking to win. I just think it's cool that your in-state P5s are willing to schedule home games with you. Auburn and Alabama would NEVER.
08-24-2022 10:17 AM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
All around fun game for App fans. Playing instate P5s at home is always a win.
08-24-2022 10:42 AM
moonshine Offline
Special Teams

(08-24-2022 10:17 AM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  I hate when people say that playing XYZ is your 'Super Bowl' when it's cool but at the end of the day it's just another game on the schedule you're looking to win. I just think it's cool that your in-state P5s are willing to schedule home games with you. Auburn and Alabama would NEVER.

The “super bowl” talk is their hubris. Yes it’s a big deal deal to host the state’s flagship but the Heels haven’t won a weak ACC since the early 80’s. App has hosted an actual (multi) National Championship program in the U and plays a football program, with a much better CFB pedigree, the following week. This is just another game and as we all know, any given Saturday!

If App can establish the run against their highly touted DL, what many of their fans are saying is their deepest and most talented in years, I like App’s chances. By all accounts, Chizik is a better DC than Bateman so it’ll be interesting to see how he adjusts if Noel/Peoples start getting chunks. Hopefully Jones can mix up blitzes to keep their new OL confused and keep their run game in check. Heel WR, Downs, is a threat and the Legion of Boone needs to know where he is at all times.
08-24-2022 10:43 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
UNC is way overrated. App should win - and you should NOT storm the field. You're a better team.
08-24-2022 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Yosef181 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
I hate to break it to Chapel Hill fans, but a win over #6 Texas A&M would be more impressive for us this season than a win over an unranked UNCCH.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022 10:53 AM by Yosef181.)
08-24-2022 10:51 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
(08-24-2022 10:50 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  UNC is way overrated. App should win - and you should NOT storm the field. You're a better team.

This is a good call..go APP!!
08-24-2022 11:06 AM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Herd
(08-24-2022 10:17 AM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  I hate when people say that playing XYZ is your 'Super Bowl' when it's cool but at the end of the day it's just another game on the schedule you're looking to win. I just think it's cool that your in-state P5s are willing to schedule home games with you. Auburn and Alabama would NEVER.

Not sure about Super Bowl, but maybe we could call some of y'all our Homecoming *cranks "Thunderstruck and runs away laughing maniacally*
08-24-2022 01:02 PM
Advertisement

southcharlotteapp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(08-24-2022 10:51 AM)Yosef181 Wrote:  I hate to break it to Chapel Hill fans, but a win over #6 Texas A&M would be more impressive for us this season than a win over an unranked UNCCH.

No doubt UNC would be a massive victory. Obviously A&M would be bigger. Honestly UNC might only be the 4th best team on our schedule. CCU and UL might be better. Too early to call.
08-24-2022 01:57 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(08-24-2022 10:51 AM)Yosef181 Wrote:  I hate to break it to Chapel Hill fans, but a win over #6 Texas A&M would be more impressive for us this season than a win over an unranked UNCCH.
I don't see you leaving Kyle Field with a win. I suspect it's going to be a long quiet flight home from College Station for the Mountaineers.
Cheers! 04-cheers
08-24-2022 01:59 PM
1st String

Oops, no UL on the schedule this year. Let's just say Marshall instead.
08-24-2022 01:59 PM
1st String

(08-24-2022 01:59 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  
I don't see you leaving Kyle Field with a win. I suspect it's going to be a long quiet flight home from College Station for the Mountaineers.
Cheers! 04-cheers

[Image: tumblr_pqh8uoBDVg1u0sy2bo1_400.gifv]
08-24-2022 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.