Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Memos Show Biden* Tried to Entrap Donald Trump Over 'Classified' Documents
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Memos Show Biden* Tried to Entrap Donald Trump Over 'Classified' Documents
Quote:A new report is shedding light on exactly how the DOJ investigation into Donald Trump over supposed “classified documents” at Mar-a-Lago got started. The FBI recently raided the former president’s Florida home, claiming possible violations of the Espionage Act and other national security concerns.

What flowed after the unprecedented action was a series of coordinated leaks from inside the government meant to make Trump look guilty of crimes. But how did things get that far?

Apparently, it started with the National Archives, which is run by a partisan hack who decided to treat Trump differently from all other presidents before him. When Barack Obama took millions of pages of documents, including many that were undoubtedly classified, upon leaving office, the National Archives gave him a sweetheart deal allowing him to digitize everything at a later date (none of that has happened all these years later and surprise, no raid). Heck, there are presidents whose libraries still haven’t returned requested documents decades after their deaths. For Trump, though, the National Archives didn’t even give him a year before running to the DOJ to push for a criminal investigation.

With the “crime” pinpointed, the National Archives and the DOJ still needed a legal hook, and apparently, they got it by directly coordinating with the Biden administration. That’s been revealed via memos reviewed by Just The News.

The memos show then-White House Deputy Counsel Jonathan Su was engaged in conversations with the FBI, DOJ and National Archives as early as April, shortly after 15 boxes of classified and other materials were voluntarily returned to the federal historical agency from Trump’s Florida home.

By May, Su conveyed to the Archives that President Joe Biden would not object to waiving his predecessor’s claims to executive claims, a decision that opened the door for DOJ to get a grand jury to issue a subpoena compelling Trump to turn over any remaining materials he possessed from his presidency.

The machinations are summarized in several memos and emails exchanged between the various agencies in spring 2022, months before the FBI took the added unprecedented step of raiding Trump’s Florida compound with a court-issued search warrant.

One specific letter to Trump’s legal team outlines Biden’s White House counsel telling the National Archives that the administration was waiving Trump’s previous claims of executive privilege.

That letter revealed Biden empowered the National Archives and Records Administration to waive any claims to executive privilege that Trump might assert to block DOJ from gaining access to the documents.

“The Counsel to the President has informed me that, in light of the particular circumstances presented here, President Biden defers to my determination, in consultation with the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel, regarding whether or not I should uphold the former President’s purported ‘protective assertion of executive privilege,'” Wall wrote. “… I have therefore decided not to honor the former President’s ‘protective’ claim of privilege.”

My colleague Matt Margolis over at PJ Media describes what happened here as entrapment, and I concur in principle. That’s exactly what this looks like. Trump had done what many presidents before him had done, which is to claim executive privilege over documents originating from his administration. The idea that a later president, specifically a political rival, could then waive that, allowing a criminal investigation to snap into place is insane, but that’s what happened here.

The DOJ had no right to review those documents, but Biden coordinated with them and the National Archives to remove all legal roadblocks in order to make the current pursuit of Trump possible. It’s the Russian collusion hoax all over again, except instead of the garbage Steele Dossier serving as the hook, you have a letter from Biden’s lawyer nuking the executive privilege of a former president. The concept is the same, and just as importantly, the motive is the same: Get Trump by any means necessary.

The obvious implication here is that the Biden administration lied when they said they had no involvement in the DOJ’s investigation of Trump over these records. Clearly, they did because it was their actions that allowed it to progress in the first place, and they knew what the DOJ was after from the beginning. Instead of sticking to precedent, Biden took the radical step of abusing executive privilege to target his primary political opponent in order to provide the basis for a criminal investigation against him. The level of corruption and abuse of power is mind-blowing. Some might even call it impeachable.

Link
08-23-2022 08:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
RE: Memos Show Biden* Tried to Entrap Donald Trump Over 'Classified' Documents
Totally fine in the eyes of every Liberal/Democrat/Leftist on this board.

Now imagine Trump doing this and then the response of those same posters.
08-23-2022 08:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Anyone who still doubts that this is anything other than a political witch hunt is just being willfully ignorant.
08-23-2022 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
The question is did previous presidents have TS/SCI and other classified documents in their possession, especially outside of a SCIF? I'm doubtful on that.
08-23-2022 08:43 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
but section 38 of sub section 32 paragraph 12 line 78 indicates that is is indeed legal under the OMB laws

In before the legal todge chimes in with 14 pages of

[Image: michael-keaton.gif]
08-23-2022 08:45 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I'm sure attorney general Judy Garland will get right on that.
08-23-2022 08:55 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(08-23-2022 08:31 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  Totally fine in the eyes of every Liberal/Democrat/Leftist on this board.

Don't have to imagine.. We saw it play out via the "Ukraine Phonecall"...
08-23-2022 08:57 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Memos Show Biden* Tried to Entrap Donald Trump Over 'Classified' Documents
Waaaaaaait. But but but Biden’s totally on the up and up administration told us they had no idea of this whole thing and learned about it on the news just like the rest of us.

Shocking I tell you. Shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
08-23-2022 08:59 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Remember these words.. Nobody is above the law..

Except:

The Pelosi Family
The Clinton Family
The Biden Family
08-23-2022 09:02 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(08-23-2022 08:43 AM)mlb Wrote:  The question is did previous presidents have TS/SCI and other classified documents in their possession, especially outside of a SCIF? I'm doubtful on that.

Well.. Even if they did, you think the incoming administration cared? Or if they'd admit it?

Right now, as we're all doing, we're assuming one side that it's nothing but items Trump declassified and on the other side it could've been something that wasn't or couldn't be declassified.

I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night..

My Spidey Sense is telling me there's more to it than we're supposed to know and that's why the DOJ doesn't want to show the affidavit.. What's more mind boggling is that the judge who signed off on the warrant was saying things about this warrant being unprecedented especially after he's the one that signed off on it...

We'll see what shakes out.
08-23-2022 09:07 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(08-23-2022 08:57 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(08-23-2022 08:31 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  Totally fine in the eyes of every Liberal/Democrat/Leftist on this board.

Don't have to imagine.. We saw it play out via the "Ukraine Phonecall"...

It's easy for anyone who isn't an authoritarian to imagine. Everything they accused Trump of being, they are defending.
08-23-2022 09:08 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(08-23-2022 09:07 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(08-23-2022 08:43 AM)mlb Wrote:  The question is did previous presidents have TS/SCI and other classified documents in their possession, especially outside of a SCIF? I'm doubtful on that.

Well.. Even if they did, you think the incoming administration cared? Or if they'd admit it?

Right now, as we're all doing, we're assuming one side that it's nothing but items Trump declassified and on the other side it could've been something that wasn't or couldn't be declassified.

My Spidey Sense is telling me there's more to it than we're supposed to know and that's why the DOJ doesn't want to show the affidavit.. What's more mind boggling is that the judge who signed off on the warrant was saying things about this warrant being unprecedented especially after he's the one that signed off on it...

That is why I'm not condemning the DOJ at this point. It is unprecedented to raid a former President's house, and I'd imagine to get the warrant they had to give way more information than is typical in a criminal case because of who they were raiding. Time will tell, but it seems like they have a LOT of evidence here... whether it turns out to be illegal is another question.
08-23-2022 09:14 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Right. This goes back to my questions in the other thread that no one wants to answer.

Who got the classified documents and gave them to trump? Pretty sure there's myriad procedures in place that document what documents were removed, who got them in the end, and where they saw them at, and whether they declassified them, and when/if they were returned. One would hope they would have also documented that trump decided to take them home!

And if there were NO procedures in place for tracking the movement of classified information in the trump administration, I would hope you would agree that anyone in charge of that administration should be nowhere near classified information EVER again!
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022 09:22 AM by Redwingtom.)
08-23-2022 09:20 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Told ya the White House knew. The Biden Gestapo Secret Police is actually a thing. Sad some actually thought the DOJ and White House were not in cahoots.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022 09:24 AM by Attackcoog.)
08-23-2022 09:23 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(08-23-2022 09:14 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(08-23-2022 09:07 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

That is why I'm not condemning the DOJ at this point. It is unprecedented to raid a former President's house, and I'd imagine to get the warrant they had to give way more information than is typical in a criminal case because of who they were raiding. Time will tell, but it seems like they have a LOT of evidence here... whether it turns out to be illegal is another question.

Here's the head scratcher the judge who signed off on it, now all of a sudden is talking about it being unprecedented and wanting the affadavit unsealed with appropriate redactions of course, which makes me wonder what was in it.

Do we think this could've been political theater? They grabbed passports they weren't supposed to grab, who's to say the boxes they grabbed wasn't part of it and those boxes were nothing more than what we've seen in the press. Was this all to condemn a former president who's considering a run in the next election in the court of public opinion?
08-23-2022 09:23 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(08-23-2022 09:23 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Told ya the White House knew. The Biden Gestapo Secret Police is actually a thing. Sad some actually thought the DOJ and White House were not in cahoots.

Dude, EVERYONE in power in DC knew about this stuff because it predated the raid by several months. And if you read the story, Biden deferred to the AAG for what to do.

This does not say, with what was quoted in the OP, that Biden new anything about the warrant, the affidavit, or the raid.
08-23-2022 09:29 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(08-23-2022 09:23 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Here's the head scratcher the judge who signed off on it, now all of a sudden is talking about it being unprecedented and wanting the affadavit unsealed with appropriate redactions of course, which makes me wonder what was in it.

Do we think this could've been political theater? They grabbed passports they weren't supposed to grab, who's to say the boxes they grabbed wasn't part of it and those boxes were nothing more than what we've seen in the press. Was this all to condemn a former president who's considering a run in the next election in the court of public opinion?

Time will tell... I'm willing to wait and see for now. If nothing comes of it before the election (2 years away) then we'll know it was all politics. If something does come of it, it will actually be good for the Republicans as they will have a much more aligned electorate. Trump has enough negatives that he surely can't pull 100% of the Republicans in another Presidential Election. Just like in 2020, he'll push some of their voters to the Democratic side.
08-23-2022 09:33 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(08-23-2022 09:33 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(08-23-2022 09:23 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Here's the head scratcher the judge who signed off on it, now all of a sudden is talking about it being unprecedented and wanting the affadavit unsealed with appropriate redactions of course, which makes me wonder what was in it.

Time will tell... I'm willing to wait and see for now. If nothing comes of it before the election (2 years away) then we'll know it was all politics. If something does come of it, it will actually be good for the Republicans as they will have a much more aligned electorate. Trump has enough negatives that he surely can't pull 100% of the Republicans in another Presidential Election. Just like in 2020, he'll push some of their voters to the Democratic side.

I can agree with that.

I think Trump running will not pull 100% of the Republicans.. I don't think whoever is running on the Left can pull 100% of the Dems either.. Right now we're all seeing what happens when you have the Dems in control of all facets of the government..
08-23-2022 09:39 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(08-23-2022 09:39 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I can agree with that.

I think Trump running will not pull 100% of the Republicans.. I don't think whoever is running on the Left can pull 100% of the Dems either.. Right now we're all seeing what happens when you have the Dems in control of all facets of the government..

Certainly won't happen with Biden running. I am still waiting to see a legitimate contender show up for the Democrats as they have nobody right now.
08-23-2022 09:42 AM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I call BS on this. Biden had nothing to do with any memos. He is too stupid and senile to be involved. Now, his handlers? That’s a different story
08-23-2022 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.