I Root For: UAB
Donators

UCF to Host Inaugural C-USA Championship Game

Game to be Played December 3 at the Florida Citrus Bowl

Click here for a printer friendly version Printer-Friendly Format

Click here to email to a friend E-mail this article

Steven Moffett

Nov. 19, 2005

The inaugural Conference USA Football Championship Game presented by Xbox will be played in Orlando, Florida and hosted by UCF based on the results of Saturday's games. The Golden Knights won at Rice, 31-28, this afternoon to finish with a 7-1 league record. When UTEP lost to UAB tonight, it gave UCF the best regular season record in C-USA and the right to host the game at the Florida Citrus Bowl.

The kickoff time will be determined by ESPN, which will be televising the game nationally. UCF's opponent will either be UTEP (8-2, 5-2) or Tulsa (7-4, 6-2). If UTEP wins on Saturday at SMU, the Miners will tie Tulsa for the West Division championship and will earn the berth based on a head-to-head victory over the Golden Hurricane. If UTEP loses, then Tulsa will win the West Division outright and face UCF in the championship game.

Under the guidance of second-year head coach George O'Leary, the Golden Knights (8-3 overall) are the most-improved team in Division I-A this season and are one victory away from posting the largest improvement in NCAA history. UCF has become just the seventh team in NCAA annals to become bowl-eligible just one season after going winless. The Golden Knights will enter the league championship having won eight of its last nine games.

"UCF has become one of the top stories in college football this season," said Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky. "We are very pleased to be holding our inaugural championship in Orlando and we look forward to an outstanding atmosphere at the Florida Citrus Bowl."

For ticket information, please contact the UCF ticket office at 407-823-1000 or visit http://www.ucfathletics.com/tickets. <a href='http://conferenceusa.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111905aad.html' target='_blank'>CUSA Website</a>
11-19-2005 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF_AlumniLXA Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Do we get our same season ticket seats??? How does this work??? Anyone have some insight? 04-drinky
11-20-2005 09:30 AM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

I Root For: UCF

I talked to the ticket office last week and was told we would be able to keep our season ticket seats for the championship...I'm sure they will have more details on Monday!! Can't wait for Dec. 3! Go knights! Go CUSA! 04-cheers
11-20-2005 09:53 AM
Advertisement

UCF_AlumniLXA Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Mike the Knight Wrote:I talked to the ticket office last week and was told we would be able to keep our season ticket seats for the championship...I'm sure they will have more details on Monday!! Can't wait for Dec. 3! Go knights! Go CUSA! 04-cheers
Thanks for the info!!!!! I would hope so but figured I would ask...!!!!! SWEET!!!!
I need to go in the attic and get down all my tailgating stuf!!!! LOT B at 7am December 3rd I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All are welcome!!!! That especially means you UCFJay!!!!!! 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers
11-20-2005 10:12 AM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

LXA, I was thinking you would have put up an all night rave for this one!! 03-wink
11-20-2005 10:18 AM
UCF_AlumniLXA Offline
1st String

I Root For:

moloch_322 Wrote:LXA, I was thinking you would have put up an all night rave for this one!! 03-wink
Don't forget your glow sticks!!!!! :D :D :D 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-drinky
Come on by everyone!!!!
11-20-2005 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.