Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
RE: US kills al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in Afghanistan drone strike
Agreed....good work right there.

Freddy Gives His Opinion
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2022 05:25 PM by boss man.)
08-01-2022 05:20 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
08-01-2022 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
I just hope we dont find out that they killed another UsAid worker. This administration has a habit of spiking the football and celebrating way too early on these things.
08-01-2022 05:23 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(08-01-2022 05:23 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  I just hope we dont find out that they killed another UsAid worker. This administration has a habit of spiking the football and celebrating way too early on these things.

to begin with, remind what we're celebrating?

tell me how this matters in any version of scope I'm supposed to give two fks about?!!!!
08-01-2022 05:27 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(08-01-2022 05:27 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(08-01-2022 05:23 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  I just hope we dont find out that they killed another UsAid worker. This administration has a habit of spiking the football and celebrating way too early on these things.

tell me how this matters in any version of scope I'm supposed to give two fks about?!!!!

Not we, the administration. Last year they got embarrassed when their incompetence led to the deaths of 12 americans in afghanistan, so they quickly droned the "planners of the attack" in order to try to look good. Except they didnt drone the planners of the attack, the droned a UsAid worker and his children.

This kind of has the feel of that. Bad inflation and recession news, lets go drone someone randomly and celebrate it to try to get poll numbers up.
08-01-2022 05:30 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
You know just a well done would suffice here. Jesus when it's not your team, you look like a petulant child

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
08-01-2022 05:34 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(08-01-2022 05:34 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
You know just a well done would suffice here. Jesus when it's not your team, you look like a petulant child

I'll be honest, the timing is quite funny.

They've most likely had this guy in a sitting duck position for some time.

Glad he is in a million pieces but I wouldn't doubt for a bit this was a PR ace in the hole by this admin.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
08-01-2022 05:40 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(08-01-2022 05:30 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Not we, the administration. Last year they got embarrassed when their incompetence led to the deaths of 12 americans in afghanistan, so they quickly droned the "planners of the attack" in order to try to look good. Except they didnt drone the planners of the attack, the droned a UsAid worker and his children.

This kind of has the feel of that. Bad inflation and recession news, lets go drone someone randomly and celebrate it to try to get poll numbers up.

Yup. American's aren't concerned about some ******* in Afghanistan when they can barely fill their gas tank up and put food on the table. A dozen eggs here in Abq are approaching $6.
08-01-2022 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(08-01-2022 05:40 PM)maximus Wrote:  

I'll be honest, the timing is quite funny.

They've most likely had this guy in a sitting duck position for some time.

Glad he is in a million pieces but I wouldn't doubt for a bit this was a PR ace in the hole by this admin.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Definitely timed this out. They have probably had intel on him for quite a while. President Biden to speak to the nation shortly. A rare victory for his administration so he might as well take a victory lap.

Glad this guy got killed though. He needed to die. I hope he is burning in hell.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2022 06:13 PM by No Bull.)
08-01-2022 06:11 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Glad he's dead but this administration is grasping at straws for any good press it can get these days.

This serves as a decent distraction from the Pelosi vs Biden/China matchup, the economy, and is last ditch effort to score foreign policy points by an administration that quite frankly... sucks ballz at foreign policy.
08-01-2022 06:11 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I just hope our drone operator had their diversity training and used the proper pronouns when he killed that SOB.
08-01-2022 06:21 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Glad he’s gone. Only sorry that he likely didn’t suffer.

Tangentially on topic, a riveting movie is “Eye in the Sky” portraying the real-time steps take to execute a drone strike. Don’t know how accurate it is, but it kept me glued to my seat.
08-01-2022 06:26 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:What does this mean?

On the one hand, it closes another chapter on 9/11. It happened, fittingly, in the country where the 9/11 plot was hatched. I think with the demise of al-Zawahiri, most of the prime movers in that attack are either dead or in Guantanamo, waiting for Biden to award them Dreamer status or something. That is good. The Royal Navy pursued the HMS Bounty and HMS Hermione mutineers around the world for years to bring them to justice as a matter of principle. Pursuing the perpetrators of 9/11 is just as necessary for us to show the world that for some acts, there is neither forgetfulness nor forgiveness.

In terms of practicality, this is a mostly meaningless act. Al-Qaeda has been a spent force for years. In Syria, we gave a wink and a nod as US-trained and -armed fighters were the mainstay of the al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Nusra Front. The Number Three in al-Qaeda is in Iran and not allowed to move or act without Iranian approval.

Al-Zawahiri’s presence in Afghanistan probably has a lot less to do with the Taliban thinking of reprising their ill-fated alliance with al-Qaeda than al-Zawahiri seeking a long and quiet retirement in an area far away from America’s intelligence network.

The death of al-Zawahiri at the hands of an anonymous drone pilot, quite possibly somewhere in the United States, contrasts sharply with Navy SEALs shooting bin Laden in the face. It might even be seen as a metaphor for the decline of America’s involvement in that theater of operations and interest in the war of terror.

Link
08-01-2022 06:36 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I'll give a well done, as soon as a few days pass and we dont find out he also took out a bunch of kids because he needed a kill shot today because of all of the bad economic news. Your teams hasnt been really good with drone shots.
08-01-2022 08:00 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Didn't we already surrender to that guy, too?
08-01-2022 08:05 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I'm not being sarcastic when I say I'm kind've shocked that this administration actually did something in the best interest of the USA.
08-01-2022 09:11 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-01-2022 05:40 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Yup. American's aren't concerned about some ******* in Afghanistan when they can barely fill their gas tank up and put food on the table. A dozen eggs here in Abq are approaching $6.

Think it would have been a lot easier and cheaper to tout gas prices falling but the President does not control that.
08-01-2022 09:49 PM
450bench Online

(08-01-2022 09:49 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

Think it would have been a lot easier and cheaper to tout gas prices falling but the President does not control that.

News flash - this idiot President said he was going to shut down the fossil fuel industry in the US. He also shut down the pipeline the moment he got into office.
This dumbazz absolutely is responsible for the gas hikes. Gas was 2.17 when he took office and now it’s double that.
I mean, you’ve got to be kidding?
08-01-2022 10:44 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-01-2022 10:44 PM)450bench Wrote:  
(08-01-2022 09:49 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  
(08-01-2022 05:27 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  to begin with, remind what we're celebrating?

News flash - this idiot President said he was going to shut down the fossil fuel industry in the US. He also shut down the pipeline the moment he got into office.
This dumbazz absolutely is responsible for the gas hikes. Gas was 2.17 when he took office and now it’s double that.
I mean, you’ve got to be kidding?

Do you work in gas and oil? Because the people I listen to in the field make it pretty easier to understand that it is a global market commodity that the President does not control.
08-02-2022 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.