4. WKU
5. UNT
5. FAU
5. MTSU
8. Charlotte
9. La Tech
10. Rice
11. FIU

Nice to see UTEP near the top but the Miners need to win it this season.
07-11-2022 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
RE: Phil Steele CUSA Predictons
Just speculating but betcha Phil Steele gets it right more frequently than Athlon does.
07-12-2022 08:02 AM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Yes he expends effort evaluating G5 schools, Athlon throws darts at a wall.
07-12-2022 08:11 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
Doesn't seem to be a lot of faith by outsiders in LA Tech's new coaching staff, though I'm not sure why. I still think LA Tech will finish at least in the top half of the conference despite two prognosticators now putting them in 9th.
07-12-2022 08:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-12-2022 08:24 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  Doesn't seem to be a lot of faith by outsiders in LA Tech's new coaching staff, though I'm not sure why. I still think LA Tech will finish at least in the top half of the conference despite two prognosticators now putting them in 9th.

I hope you're right.

I'm telling myself that recency bias is affecting our predictions this year. It's hard to look at 3-9 from last season and expect very much. But I think there is money in the banana stand as far as talent, and some fresh innovative (and hungry) coaches really ought to be able to get something out of what we already had on campus (much less the zillion transfers, some of whom almost certainly have to hit).

Not having a single QB return is probably also contributing to the unknown factor. We really need one of these unproven portal guys to end up being solid for us.
07-12-2022 08:29 AM
RustonBulldog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LA Tech
(07-12-2022 08:29 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(07-12-2022 08:24 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  Doesn't seem to be a lot of faith by outsiders in LA Tech's new coaching staff, though I'm not sure why. I still think LA Tech will finish at least in the top half of the conference despite two prognosticators now putting them in 9th.

I hope you're right.

I'm telling myself that recency bias is affecting our predictions this year. It's hard to look at 3-9 from last season and expect very much. But I think there is money in the banana stand as far as talent, and some fresh innovative (and hungry) coaches really ought to be able to get something out of what we already had on campus (much less the zillion transfers, some of whom almost certainly have to hit).

Not having a single QB return is probably also contributing to the unknown factor. We really need one of these unproven portal guys to end up being solid for us.

Louisiana Tech is going to live or die at the quarterback position. Whether that be Downing, McNeil or Lyddy. Tech has some serious talent in the skill positions.

Defensively, it is hard to judge because basically everyone is a transfer, but the defensive style is going to be Manny Diaz aggressive which is exciting.
07-12-2022 09:13 AM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
Has UAB #21 in his preseason rankings.
07-12-2022 09:52 AM
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(07-12-2022 09:13 AM)RustonBulldog Wrote:  
(07-12-2022 08:29 AM)inutech Wrote:  

I hope you're right.

Louisiana Tech is going to live or die at the quarterback position. Whether that be Downing, McNeil or Lyddy. Tech has some serious talent in the skill positions.

Defensively, it is hard to judge because basically everyone is a transfer, but the defensive style is going to be Manny Diaz aggressive which is exciting.

We got all these P5 transfers (and I hope they're all great) but other than QB, the ones I may be most relieved that we got are the CBs from SFA. Both ought to know the system and their coach(es) obviously think they can play at this level.
07-12-2022 09:54 AM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech

We don't have the jimmy's and joe's.

Roster looks really sub-par compared to what we saw between 2014-2019.
07-12-2022 10:24 AM
dawgonit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
I'll be happy if we have a winning season. First year coaches usually don't do so well. I'll of course be happier with more.
07-12-2022 12:12 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
At Middle our annual goal is "in the Middle", 6-6, Bowl Eligible, and "Bahamas Mamas"!!! 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022 01:37 PM by BlueRaiderBoy.)
07-12-2022 01:36 PM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(07-12-2022 01:36 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  At Middle our annual goal is "in the Middle", 6-6, Bowl Eligible, and "Bahamas Mamas"!!! 03-lmfao

Yep. 'Ole king Sidney (21 looong years at MT) can use the university and taxpayer dime to wine and dine all of his buddies in his native Bahamas.

Heard he really put on an aristocratic show this past time -- made the football team wait a long while on the plane until his entourage arrived (late) at the airport tarmac for photos and selfies.

His beloved China gifted the stadium where the Bahamas Bowl takes place.

https://www.bahamasbowl.com/the-game/tho...l-stadium/

The Bahamas Bowl is played in Nassau’s state-of-the-art Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium, located in the Queen Elizabeth Sports Centre.

The 15,000-seat stadium, a gift to The Bahamas from the People’s Republic of China, was dedicated February 25, 2012 by former Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham in ceremonies witnessed by thousands of Bahamians.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022 02:23 PM by KAjunRaider.)
07-12-2022 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Will be impossible for us to duplicate last seasons offense but I think Doege will be serviceable. Think Ty Storey a few years ago. Nothing flashy but gets the job done. Defense we brought in Tyson Summers and changing defenses. I hope this leads us to not get gashed a million times up the middle. We lost a few stud DL to SEC and our best WR to Penn St. I think 8 wins though is doable. Will be hard to top UTSA and UAB.
07-13-2022 07:57 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Since both lists have Rice in the same position, hard to say who did more research.
07-13-2022 09:19 AM
Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

(07-12-2022 09:52 AM)blazerjay Wrote:  Has UAB #21 in his preseason rankings.

I had written the list off when I saw UAB at #21 then I saw who wrote it. Also we seem to be getting a lot of hype from all directions
07-14-2022 10:47 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I know most of us had deflections on talent going into the portal and most of us has used the portal to recruit experience to fill those gaps. For Western I dont have any ideal of how good or how bad this season is going to be. I look at the schedule and once again I see one of the toughest in the conference.

Since UAB is picked 1st by I believe every link posted what am I missing because I honestly didnt think they were close to their level from the year before....had a lot of 5th or maybe 6th year players returning last year.

I haven't paid any attention to what UAB has coming back or loss to the portal. I assume the young QB is back and UAB had some good looking young RBS. To me the key to UAB is their OL and DL since they are a ground and pound and then long ball team. Rebuilding or are most of the OL and DL back?

Another thing that I believe will play out....same staff other than Bill Clark. On paper doesnt seem like a huge deal but most first time coaches even those on the same staff will make mistakes that cost you a game or two. Western had that with Jeff Brohm in his first year. The UAB game at Western was one of those coaching mistakes.

Dont need someone to spend 20 minutes on a scouting report...just key loses
07-14-2022 11:18 AM
Advertisement

Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

(07-14-2022 11:18 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  I know most of us had deflections on talent going into the portal and most of us has used the portal to recruit experience to fill those gaps. For Western I dont have any ideal of how good or how bad this season is going to be. I look at the schedule and once again I see one of the toughest in the conference.

Since UAB is picked 1st by I believe every link posted what am I missing because I honestly didnt think they were close to their level from the year before....had a lot of 5th or maybe 6th year players returning last year.

I haven't paid any attention to what UAB has coming back or loss to the portal. I assume the young QB is back and UAB had some good looking young RBS. To me the key to UAB is their OL and DL since they are a ground and pound and then long ball team. Rebuilding or are most of the OL and DL back?

Another thing that I believe will play out....same staff other than Bill Clark. On paper doesnt seem like a huge deal but most first time coaches even those on the same staff will make mistakes that cost you a game or two. Western had that with Jeff Brohm in his first year. The UAB game at Western was one of those coaching mistakes.

Dont need someone to spend 20 minutes on a scouting report...just key loses

Spark notes version of what UAB is returning is 7 Offensive starters and 9 Defensive. Lost a good LB but got a 4* Alabama transfer who seems to be the starter already. We got the 4* Baylor QB transfer who will be in a QB battle. Big holes will be TE, depth at WR, and we have been spoiled by DL and DE so there will be a new face there or two
07-14-2022 12:01 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(07-12-2022 02:18 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(07-12-2022 01:36 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  At Middle our annual goal is "in the Middle", 6-6, Bowl Eligible, and "Bahamas Mamas"!!! 03-lmfao

Yep. 'Ole king Sidney (21 looong years at MT) can use the university and taxpayer dime to wine and dine all of his buddies in his native Bahamas.

Heard he really put on an aristocratic show this past time -- made the football team wait a long while on the plane until his entourage arrived (late) at the airport tarmac for photos and selfies.

The Bahamas Bowl is played in Nassau’s state-of-the-art Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium, located in the Queen Elizabeth Sports Centre.

The 15,000-seat stadium, a gift to The Bahamas from the People’s Republic of China, was dedicated February 25, 2012 by former Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham in ceremonies witnessed by thousands of Bahamians.

I still appreciate that Sidney congratulated our basketball team for winning the conference tourney, in the year of the football shutdown, when our own pustule on the ass of humanity, that pumpkin-headed moral coward, that sneering puppet of drunkenbear's vile spawn, feared to face them.

If you want to trade Sidney for Ray, let's get it done.
07-14-2022 01:55 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(07-14-2022 01:55 PM)58-56 Wrote:  

I still appreciate that Sidney congratulated our basketball team for winning the conference tourney, in the year of the football shutdown, when our own pustule on the ass of humanity, that pumpkin-headed moral coward, that sneering puppet of drunkenbear's vile spawn, feared to face them.

Ray's about the only one I wouldn't trade him for.

MT's good 'ole boy board (overseen by ut-obknoxiousville) has signed him to an extension to the end of 2026. King "7 Wood" will be in his early 70's by then, still spending hundreds of dollars per football game on luxury-suite liquor paid for by tax payers.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2022 02:49 PM by KAjunRaider.)
07-14-2022 02:46 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(07-14-2022 02:46 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(07-14-2022 01:55 PM)58-56 Wrote:  

Ray's about the only one I wouldn't trade him for.

MT's good 'ole boy board (overseen by ut-obknoxiousville) has signed him to an extension to the end of 2026. King "7 Wood" will be in his early 70's by then, still spending hundreds of dollars per football game on luxury-suite liquor paid for by tax payers.

I paid more attention to Middle in the past - an ex-girlfriend's kid played WR there and she bombarded me with updates, and my daughter was interested in equine science - but I had the impression that good things had happened incl. acquisition of a law school, which seemed like a big deal.
07-14-2022 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.