Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

July Emusings
Bookmark and Share
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
July Emusings
Last week Emoni Bates (formerly class of 2022 reclassified class of 2021) Came back to Ypsilanti. With Legend, Noah, Emoni and others this COULD be the most exciting seasons since the opening of the CONVO! My season tickets were bought 30 minutes after the commitment. Kudos to Everyone involved and spark has been lit in the Game Above George Gervin Center.. Another player who once started his career elsewhere and came home.
For the first time in the Creighton era Football goes to the back seat.
07-05-2022 06:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: July Emusings
(07-05-2022 06:02 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Last week Emoni Bates (formerly class of 2022 reclassified class of 2021) Came back to Ypsilanti. With Legend, Noah, Emoni and others this COULD be the most exciting seasons since the opening of the CONVO! My season tickets were bought 30 minutes after the commitment. Kudos to Everyone involved and spark has been lit in the Game Above George Gervin Center.. Another player who once started his career elsewhere and came home.

I should do another poll: 03-lmfao

EMU is:

Football school

Basketball school
07-05-2022 06:54 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(07-05-2022 06:54 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(07-05-2022 06:02 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Last week Emoni Bates (formerly class of 2022 reclassified class of 2021) Came back to Ypsilanti. With Legend, Noah, Emoni and others this COULD be the most exciting seasons since the opening of the CONVO! My season tickets were bought 30 minutes after the commitment. Kudos to Everyone involved and spark has been lit in the Game Above George Gervin Center.. Another player who once started his career elsewhere and came home.

EMU is:

Football school

Basketball school

Why can't it be both?
07-05-2022 07:59 AM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
(07-05-2022 07:59 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(07-05-2022 06:54 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

EMU is:

Football school

Basketball school

Why can't it be both?

That's a good question. I have a feeling after this year people are going to be looking at EMU in quite a different light. Can you imagine what the reaction would be to two MAC titles?
07-05-2022 08:13 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Curious as to how many hoops tickets have been sold since Emoni's announcement. I'm sure there was a surge.
07-05-2022 09:06 AM
truEMU07 Offline
Special Teams

(07-05-2022 09:06 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
Curious as to how many hoops tickets have been sold since Emoni's announcement. I'm sure there was a surge.

And the crazy thing is the announcement is not official yet! I'd bet they got 100s of calls in the aftermath of Bates's post. There will certainly be another influx when it becomes officially official.
07-05-2022 09:17 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I'll buy some even though I won't be able to use them. I'll donate them or whatever.

The big thing should be student tickets, even though they are not a revenue source. Need to get the students into EMU hoops big time.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2022 09:24 AM by emu steve.)
07-05-2022 09:23 AM
Special Teams

If you wanted students to games then the arena wouldn't be 2 miles from campus.
07-05-2022 02:56 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear fanfrompowellspub,
If, Eastern starts to win games the students will show up.
07-05-2022 03:58 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2022 02:56 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  If you wanted students to games then the arena wouldn't be 2 miles from campus.

We gone over at nauseatingly really! Students didn't want in on campus we want to keep the park, ie most students don't attend sporting events, , the city didn't want in on the main campus, per emu Steve, road access was terrible, parking on campus was/is terrible.
07-05-2022 06:16 PM
Special Teams

Thanks super fan. I forgot. When I attended emu the Convo was already built. See you at some games this winter.
07-05-2022 06:25 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2022 06:25 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Thanks super fan. I forgot. When I attended emu the Convo was already built. See you at some games this winter.

There is also a underground creek that had big environmental impact. Then there is Owens drain that would have had to be rerouted. I've attended games at Bowen getting out through oakwood was terrible.
07-05-2022 06:33 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2022 09:23 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

I'll buy some even though I won't be able to use them. I'll donate them or whatever.

The big thing should be student tickets, even though they are not a revenue source. Need to get the students into EMU hoops big time.

That’s a great idea Steve! I have a season ticket on the court but I’m going to buy a few more season tickets and donate them. I was thinking about asking my minister to find out if there are any less fortunate families in Ypsilanti who are EMU fans and would enjoy going to the games.
07-06-2022 07:28 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(07-06-2022 07:28 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

That’s a great idea Steve! I have a season ticket on the court but I’m going to buy a few more season tickets and donate them. I was thinking about asking my minister to find out if there are any less fortunate families in Ypsilanti who are EMU fans and would enjoy going to the games.

I'm hoping for Ypsilanti Lincoln night. If so, I'll buy tickets and donate to the school.

I think EMU would do wise to work on a bulk buy where someone can but say 10 or 20 general admission tickets for a particular game at a discount.

Say Someone buys 10 GA tickets at a discount for a particular game BUT have a particular group in mind. Could do it say for Ypsilanti H.S. Or the boys and girls club.

I kind of wish we could have education day this year. Even if it means Emoni's first game isn't at 7 p.m.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022 07:55 AM by emu steve.)
07-06-2022 07:54 AM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(07-05-2022 09:06 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  [quote='fanfrompowellspub' pid='18306492' dateline='1657018961']
Last week Emoni Bates (formerly class of 2022 reclassified class of 2021) Came back to Ypsilanti. With Legend, Noah, Emoni and others this COULD be the most exciting seasons since the opening of the CONVO! My season tickets were bought 30 minutes after the commitment. Kudos to Everyone involved and spark has been lit in the Game Above George Gervin Center.. Another player who once started his career elsewhere and came home.

[/quote
If you purchase season tickets, does it allow you to purchase tickets to the LCA game on November 11th? I would purchase tickets, and donate the tickets! I unfortunately live to far away! Luckeyone, were you a student in the late 80's, early 90's? We were spoiled during that time! ]
07-06-2022 01:14 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(07-06-2022 01:14 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(07-05-2022 09:06 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  [quote='fanfrompowellspub' pid='18306492' dateline='1657018961']

[/quote
If you purchase season tickets, does it allow you to purchase tickets to the LCA game on November 11th? I would purchase tickets, and donate the tickets! I unfortunately live to far away! Luckeyone, were you a student in the late 80's, early 90's? We were spoiled during that time! ]
Is the game at LCA technically an EMU home game? If it is then I'd like it to be included in the season ticket package.
07-06-2022 01:26 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(07-06-2022 01:26 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

[/quote
Is the game at LCA technically an EMU home game? If it is then I'd like it to be included in the season ticket package.

My assumption it will be considered a neutral site and therefore not included in the season tickets (which is only home games).

I get 3 season tickets for basketball, one each for myself, one of my son’s, and my daughter. My wife and oldest son would never come to a game no matter how much I beg. But my wife wants me to buy 5 tickets for the LCA game so she can go to that one. I figure EMU will get a lot more attendees for the LCA game…
07-06-2022 01:52 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

[/quote

Hello - I was a student in the mid to late 80s…..saw Grant Long and company!
07-06-2022 04:22 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(07-05-2022 03:58 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear fanfrompowellspub,

Ken, The Fan makes as usual a cogent point, the West campus athletic facilities lack of proximity to main campus is a large deterrent to student attendance especially in the winter months.

That stated, I am certain that you nailed it as well. WINNING is the elixir for any sports program's attendance malady. You WIN and they will come!
07-09-2022 04:35 PM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

(07-09-2022 04:35 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(07-05-2022 03:58 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear fanfrompowellspub,

Ken, The Fan makes as usual a cogent point, the West campus athletic facilities lack of proximity to main campus is a large deterrent to student attendance especially in the winter months.

That stated, I am certain that you nailed it as well. WINNING is the elixir for any sports program's attendance malady. You WIN and they will come!

Agree with Jerry and Ken. Everyone wants to be a part of a winner. I'm not a big EMU basketball fan, mostly because I never was interested in the previous coach. However, if Heath and his players start winning then it will get my attendance at a few games.

In addition to the winning cones money and recruits. More games on ESPN or ESPN 2 means more $$$ for the athletic department. I remember CC saying the money is a lot more when it's on the main stations. In addition, winning breeds better recruits. Look at yesterday's football commit, Messiah Blair. He has around 25 offers and chose EMU. I don't think he would have if CC can't talk about P5 wins and the expectation of going to a bowl every year.
07-10-2022 06:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.