Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bill Clark stepping down as UAB head coach
Bookmark and Share
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
Medical (back) issues

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022 09:48 AM by blazerjay.)
06-24-2022 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Bill Clark steps down as UAB head coach
Didn't see this coming. UAB owes a great deal of gratitude to Coach Clark and his family. He will be missed but I am thankful to him and the success he brought the football program.

God bless him and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.
06-24-2022 09:47 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Bill Clark stepping down as UAB head coach
clt blames latech
06-24-2022 10:33 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
As someone that has/is dealing with back problems I noticed at times he looked like he was in pain on the sidelines. I thought it was just Bill Clark's look...always seem pissed.

Kind of sucks for UAB this late in the season. Also kind of dangerous in the intern coach basically getting a free tryout. If he wins UAB is almost stuck with him as their next head coach.
06-24-2022 10:37 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
He is an a LOT of pain.
06-24-2022 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whupemall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jax State
Hate to hear that. As much as I hate UAB for stealing him away from us (Don't think I've forgiven you!!!) he really is an incredible coach, and I was genuinely looking forward to seeing him coach the Blazers in the AAC.

Prayers up that his surgery and rehab are successful and he can return to coaching someday.
06-24-2022 10:55 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Quote:Joseph Goodman, Sports Enthusiast ??
@JoeGoodmanJr
·
20m
UAB coach Bill Clark in his news conference says the decision to retire was still in question even last night. His back, best case, can fully recover after surgery in six months. Didn't rule out coming back.
06-24-2022 11:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(06-24-2022 11:02 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
Quote:Joseph Goodman, Sports Enthusiast ??
@JoeGoodmanJr
·
20m
UAB coach Bill Clark in his news conference says the decision to retire was still in question even last night. His back, best case, can fully recover after surgery in six months. Didn't rule out coming back.

Maybe that explains his endorsement of interim coaches for 2022. Keeping his seat warm.
06-24-2022 11:23 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt hopes he will be BACK.
06-24-2022 12:38 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Hope he can get well enough to coach once more, and hope he can lessen his pain until then. Back problems are no joke and I'm glad he's taking care of himself. I have a hell of a lot of respect for the man for sticking with UAB through the good times and the bad.
06-24-2022 01:18 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Hate to hear it, he's done a hell of a job at UAB. Hopefully surgery allows him to come back and keep it going. If not, hopefully UAB makes a good hire.
06-24-2022 01:24 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Everything is in place to be successful for 22 season. Bill is in a lot more pain than he let everyone in on. It all depends on how the surgery goes. It's all about the quality of life and being able to play with grand babies. He and I are the same age four days apart and I know where he is coming from.
06-24-2022 02:29 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(06-24-2022 02:29 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Everything is in place to be successful for 22 season. Bill is in a lot more pain than he let everyone in on. It all depends on how the surgery goes. It's all about the quality of life and being able to play with grand babies. He and I are the same age four days apart and I know where he is coming from.

I suffered a serious back injury about twenty years ago. There is no way I could spend as much time on my feet as he has to. That kind of pain also can affect decision making and how you treat people. Working in a high stress environment while suffering from chronic pain makes keeping your temper in check very difficult. My high opinion of him just got higher
06-24-2022 02:45 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
I’ve always liked Bill Clark and reading his retirement statement just reinforces that.

Congratulations, Bill, on one hell of a career and wish you the best with your surgery and recovery whatever lies ahead for you!
06-24-2022 05:09 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(06-24-2022 10:37 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  As someone that has/is dealing with back problems I noticed at times he looked like he was in pain on the sidelines. I thought it was just Bill Clark's look...always seem pissed.

Kind of sucks for UAB this late in the season. Also kind of dangerous in the intern coach basically getting a free tryout. If he wins UAB is almost stuck with him as their next head coach.

I will cancel my season tickets if Vincent is made our next head coach. I get what it will be this season, but we need to evaluate all options for next season.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022 06:12 PM by blazers9911.)
06-24-2022 06:11 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
Hate to hear this news. Clark was a rare breed. It isn't every day that a coach of his caliber chooses to stay at a G5 instead of grabbing the P5 money. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Clark and wish him a healthy quality of life. And I hope UAB allows Clark to have a major say in his replacement. I value Clark's judgment in choosing someone to keep it rolling in Birmingham.

On a side note... UAB should begin formulating plans to construct a sculpture in his honor at that beautiful new Protective Stadium. Let me know if your AD wants to talk. I'd be glad to sculpt it.
06-24-2022 06:21 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(06-24-2022 06:21 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Hate to hear this news. Clark was a rare breed. It isn't every day that a coach of his caliber chooses to stay at a G5 instead of grabbing the P5 money. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Clark and wish him a healthy quality of life. And I hope UAB allows Clark to have a major say in his replacement. I value Clark's judgment in choosing someone to keep it rolling in Birmingham.

On a side note... UAB should begin formulating plans to construct a sculpture in his honor at that beautiful new Protective Stadium. Let me know if your AD wants to talk. I'd be glad to sculpt it.

I dont think UAB can do what you want....the city owns the stadium. Clark will have a say but that's all it should be, his opinion on the next head coach. The worse thing UAB can do is make the next hire on emotion. The next hire is the most important decision and hire UAB will make. Its that way for all of us because one bad hire can set a school back 5 to 6 years....

or forever
06-24-2022 06:56 PM
Goronic Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(06-24-2022 12:38 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt hopes he will be BACK.

Ouch!
06-24-2022 09:43 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Get well soon, Bill. Ain't gonna lie or sugar coat it, we wish you well in your retirement.
06-24-2022 11:54 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Exclamation RE: Bill Clark stepping down as UAB head coach
(06-24-2022 10:39 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  He is an a LOT of pain.

wow! That strinks for y'all. He really was so important to your program's resurgence and success. Hope y'all can get along without him ('ceptin' when you play'n us...well, until we fire this latest doofus coach of our own...it's so conflicting tryin' to be an Owl fan)....
06-25-2022 12:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.