Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will UCF play UTEP?
Bookmark and Share
knightmight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

If everything works out and we beat Rice can we beat UTEP for the CUSA championship? UTEP is a great team and would make a great trophy if we can bag them. How say ye. After everything that has happened this season I have to say YES we can. If we beat UTEP the odds are that we will go to the Liberty Bowl with the highest payout...around 1.5 million. Not bad change for a team with possibly the best turnaround in collegiate history. 04-cheers
11-13-2005 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

Sure, we CAN beat UTEP, but they would present a huge challenge. They would be as difficult an opponent as anyone we've faced this season, no doubt about it.
11-13-2005 11:12 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

I think that there's even a good chance that we will play UTEP in the Citrus Bowl. Im not making predictions but I won't be surprised.
11-14-2005 12:46 AM
knightmight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Good prediction! Doesn't it feel good when you're right! assuming they beat SMU 04-cheers
11-23-2005 11:59 AM
Ocotillodesert Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTEP

Yeah, Knight boys, the Miners will beat SMU. And the answer is no, you won't beat UTEP, even in the Citrus Bowl. The loss to UAB just has them fired up. Also, a key player on defense should be ready to play in the championship game.

But, hey, congrats to you UCF. What an accomplishment this year. And, even when you lose on Dec. 3, you will get to play Fresno State in Memphis. UTEP doesn't want to play a WAC foe who they have beaten recently and the Liberty bowl doesn't want to western teams to meet in the bowl.
11-23-2005 09:03 PM
Advertisement

moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

UTEP or Tulsa, either way you guys will be mangled and destroyed by the great and powerful UCF!
:kneel:
11-23-2005 09:23 PM
knight-knole Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Don't be so quick Ocotillodesert. The reports in the press, without directly saying it, imply that Fresno accepted the bid to the LB on the condition that they would be able to play against a conference champion. The Fresno coach said a number of times that this stepping stone to a BCS bowl in the future (a la Utah) is why they accepted the LB invitation. I don't know the specifics of the agreement, but it making the LB take the conference champion from C-USA may have been a condition of their acceptance.
11-23-2005 11:23 PM
Ocotillodesert Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTEP

knight-knole Wrote:Don't be so quick Ocotillodesert. The reports in the press, without directly saying it, imply that Fresno accepted the bid to the LB on the condition that they would be able to play against a conference champion. The Fresno coach said a number of times that this stepping stone to a BCS bowl in the future (a la Utah) is why they accepted the LB invitation. I don't know the specifics of the agreement, but it making the LB take the conference champion from C-USA may have been a condition of their acceptance.
Well, if UTEP does beat UCF, the Miners will be thrilled to play in a bowl with such a pay out and such a tradition. But, I was looking forward to 6-5 or 7-4 ACC team. UTEP beat Fresno State last year and in 2000 when we were co-champions of the WAC. Why give the Bulldogs a chance at revenge.

The only former WAC opponenent I want the Miners to play again (and crush) are the blue field boys in Boise.
11-24-2005 10:25 PM
Knight207 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Tulsa wins the West. UTEP chokes against SMU.
11-27-2005 01:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.