Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TBT: Herd That (Marshall alumns) vs Founding Fathers (JMU alums)
Bookmark and Share
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
TBT: Herd That (Marshall alumns) vs Founding Fathers (JMU alums)
Sun Belt rivals getting an early start to earning basketball bragging rights this July in The Basketball Tournament in Charleston, WV.

Link to the full bracket here: https://bracket.thetournament.com/

Currently submitted rosters -

Founding Fathers
------------
RON CURRY
JOE POSEY
SCOOTER RENKIN
STUCKEY MOSLEY
KAMIAH SMALLS
DEVON MOORE
DESMOND RINGER
CORDARYL BALLARD
BRANDON MCLEAN
ANDRE NATION
A.J. DAVIS

Herd That
-----------
JON ELMORE
OT ELMORE
STEVIE BROWNING
RONDALE WATSON
JAMES KELLY
RYAN TAYLOR
DEREK COOKE
JUSTIN JOHNSON

** Herd That has had Jacorey Williams the last couple years and was a late add last year.

WE ARE MARSHALL! Herd That!
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022 11:24 AM by CoachMaclid.)
06-22-2022 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThunderDrunk304 Offline
Water Engineer

RE: TBT: Herd That (Marshall alumns) vs Founding Fathers (JMU alums)
Really glad we got this in Charleston. Wasn’t able to make it last year because of work so I’m pumped for this one.
06-22-2022 12:09 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(06-22-2022 11:08 AM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  Sun Belt rivals getting an early start to earning basketball bragging rights this July in The Basketball Tournament in Charleston, WV.

Link to the full bracket here: https://bracket.thetournament.com/

Currently submitted rosters -

Founding Fathers
------------
RON CURRY
JOE POSEY
SCOOTER RENKIN
STUCKEY MOSLEY
KAMIAH SMALLS
DEVON MOORE
DESMOND RINGER
CORDARYL BALLARD
BRANDON MCLEAN
ANDRE NATION
A.J. DAVIS

Herd That
-----------
JON ELMORE
OT ELMORE
STEVIE BROWNING
RONDALE WATSON
JAMES KELLY
RYAN TAYLOR
DEREK COOKE
JUSTIN JOHNSON

** Herd That has had Jacorey Williams the last couple years and was a late add last year.

WE ARE MARSHALL! Herd That!

Herd That is really fun to watch. If you aren't following OT on Twitter, you should.
06-22-2022 03:38 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Last year was the first time JMU was able to get a team in to TBT and man it was a ton of fun to watch. A 16 seed last year, took it down to the wire with 1 seed Sideline Cancer... Both teams had shots for the win before one finally went down, popping potential winners from outside after the refs put the whistles away. Really thought Stuckey was gonna hit his. Also very emotional seeing AJ Davis out there, I hope he's doing well and obviously very glad to see him back on the roster.

Nice to see the upgrade in seeding this year after that showing, and obviously exciting to get matched up with Marshall in Charleston and potentially "Best Virginia"(hahahahaha yeah right) in the second round. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there, as long as nothing comes up keeping me from it I'm pretty sure I'll make the trip.
06-22-2022 05:53 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Rough start for the Fathers and hot start from three for Herd That, but Fathers battle back to tie it after one!
07-24-2022 04:31 PM
Bleed Green Offline
Bench Warmer

At the game, nice to see some Marshall shirts with the SBC logo.
07-24-2022 04:54 PM
Advertisement

Goherd73 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Half 35-32 Herd That
07-24-2022 04:55 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(07-24-2022 04:54 PM)Bleed Green Wrote:  At the game, nice to see some Marshall shirts with the SBC logo.

I noticed a lot of those on TV, not sure who the guys are at the end of the court but they've all got them. I had been planning to be there, unfortunately have had some things come up to keep me from it. Hoping I can make the trip Tuesday if we get the W today.
07-24-2022 04:58 PM
Bleed Green Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-24-2022 04:58 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(07-24-2022 04:54 PM)Bleed Green Wrote:  At the game, nice to see some Marshall shirts with the SBC logo.

I noticed a lot of those on TV, not sure who the guys are at the end of the court but they've all got them. I had been planning to be there, unfortunately have had some things come up to keep me from it. Hoping I can make the trip Tuesday if we get the W today.

Would have bought ya a beer at this game if you buy me one at our football game.
07-24-2022 05:07 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

(07-24-2022 04:58 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  not sure who the guys are at the end of the court but they've all got them.

That would be the 2022-23 SBC champions Marshall Thundering Herd mens basketball team. They got back to campus last week. They did the same thing and came and watched Herd That play last year as well.
07-24-2022 05:07 PM
Goherd73 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Herd That wins 77-71
07-24-2022 05:51 PM
Advertisement

Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Herd
(07-24-2022 05:51 PM)Goherd73 Wrote:  Herd That wins 77-71

I'll give em credit, that Curry kid was a baller!
07-24-2022 09:55 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(07-24-2022 09:55 PM)Herdfan1 Wrote:  
(07-24-2022 05:51 PM)Goherd73 Wrote:  Herd That wins 77-71

I'll give em credit, that Curry kid was a baller!
No kidding. I really didn't expect it to be that close. Kudos to JMU hoops! Great showing men.
07-24-2022 10:02 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

That was a good game, gotta say some of the blocking calls and some of the bumps with no call were really frustrating but I guess you'll always have some of those. I'm not sure why Stuckey Mosley didn't play, I didn't even think about it until afterwards but it definitely would've been nice to have that extra deep threat. Stuckey was our top scorer last year against Sideline Cancer, Curry went off tonight though.

Pretty clear we could use some more size too, maybe next year the guys could see what Denzel Bowles and Rayshawn Goins are up to these days lol

Disappointing, but now we gotta hope Herd That takes the whole thing down for the SBC. Tough to lose really close ones to really solid teams both years so far, hopefully can break through next year. Good luck on Tuesday!
07-24-2022 11:40 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(07-24-2022 11:40 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  That was a good game, gotta say some of the blocking calls and some of the bumps with no call were really frustrating but I guess you'll always have some of those. I'm not sure why Stuckey Mosley didn't play, I didn't even think about it until afterwards but it definitely would've been nice to have that extra deep threat. Stuckey was our top scorer last year against Sideline Cancer, Curry went off tonight though.

Pretty clear we could use some more size too, maybe next year the guys could see what Denzel Bowles and Rayshawn Goins are up to these days lol

Disappointing, but now we gotta hope Herd That takes the whole thing down for the SBC. Tough to lose really close ones to really solid teams both years so far, hopefully can break through next year. Good luck on Tuesday!

Eh, I see your point, but as a basketball official, calls are always going to be missed. There really needs to be four officials and maybe five. (at least one on either side of the paint on the baseline (lead officials) and two up top (trail) and maybe one in the center behind the action). I saw some as fouls that could have been called but no real advantage was gained by the foul and NO ONE want's to watch a free throw shooting contest. I thought it was pretty even. Just MHO And if you know me, I'd have said the same thing had we lost.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2022 11:47 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
07-24-2022 11:46 PM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

(07-24-2022 11:40 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  That was a good game, gotta say some of the blocking calls and some of the bumps with no call were really frustrating but I guess you'll always have some of those. I'm not sure why Stuckey Mosley didn't play, I didn't even think about it until afterwards but it definitely would've been nice to have that extra deep threat. Stuckey was our top scorer last year against Sideline Cancer, Curry went off tonight though.

Still tryin' to figure out how we got out to 18=0 and I turn around and it's tied up..yea the refs were horrendously inconsistent, and in the second game, someone just wanted the in-state match to happen...
07-24-2022 11:48 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(07-24-2022 11:48 PM)Herdfan1 Wrote:  

Still tryin' to figure out how we got out to 18=0 and I turn around and it's tied up..yea the refs were horrendously inconsistent, and in the second game, someone just wanted the in-state match to happen...
The officials weren't responsible for an 18 point swing. I saw the game. The more aggressive team is going to draw more fouls. The bomb squad teams will not get fouled as much because they dont penetrate.
07-24-2022 11:53 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Biggest Herd That lead was 13-2 and 17-6. You guys got off to a hot start from three and us a sloppy start but yeah, turned around quickly and was 20-18 Fathers.

But yeah the refs were very inconsistent, what bugged me the most was this crew loooved the "wait to see if it goes in then call a foul if it doesn't" move. Then a few specific ones, especially that last block on Devon, were a little tough to swallow. But like I and THUNDERStruck said, you'll always get some of that. When it's a good close game they'll always stand out a lot more when it's over.
07-25-2022 12:31 AM
Johns1124 Offline
Special Teams

(07-24-2022 05:07 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  
(07-24-2022 04:58 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  not sure who the guys are at the end of the court but they've all got them.

That would be the 2022-23 SBC champions Marshall Thundering Herd mens basketball team. They got back to campus last week. They did the same thing and came and watched Herd That play last year as well.

You did watch last season, correct?
07-25-2022 09:09 AM
Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

(07-24-2022 11:53 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(07-24-2022 11:48 PM)Herdfan1 Wrote:  

I didn't mean that was on the refs, just a WTH moment...two sep issues

The officials weren't responsible for an 18 point swing. I saw the game. The more aggressive team is going to draw more fouls. The bomb squad teams will not get fouled as much because they dont penetrate.
07-25-2022 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.