Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Angry Old White Man Threatens People to Fix His Mistake
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Angry Old White Man Threatens People to Fix His Mistake
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...631953001/

Basically Biden* is threatening to use executive powers on oil companies to drop prices.

I do wonder has he thought about the country having a tax holiday or hell even reversing some of his ill advised policies?
06-15-2022 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
RE: Angry Old White Man Threatens People to Fix His Mistake
(06-15-2022 11:37 AM)gdunn Wrote:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...631953001/

Basically Biden* is threatening to use executive powers on oil companies to drop prices.

I do wonder has he thought about the country having a tax holiday or hell even reversing some of his ill advised policies?

Of course, not, gdunn. Don't you get it? He was put in pla--elected because he has the most experience of anybody who's ever lived on this planet to be the president. His policies are the best we've ever seen from a sitting president. The oil companies are CLEARLY to blame on this!
/sarcasm

But seriously, you know he'd never reverse course. He's too entrenched in his beliefs to do so. Not only that, but the people pulling the strings wouldn't allow it either.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 11:47 AM by GeminiCoog.)
06-15-2022 11:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(06-15-2022 11:45 AM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 11:37 AM)gdunn Wrote:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...631953001/

Of course, not, gdunn. Don't you get it? He was put in pla--elected because he has the most experience of anybody who's ever lived on this planet to be the president. His policies are the best we've ever seen from a sitting president. The oil companies are CLEARLY to blame on this!
/sarcasm
And Putin... You forgot Putin..

Good to see you again Gemni.
06-15-2022 11:46 AM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

(06-15-2022 11:46 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 11:45 AM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  

/sarcasm
And Putin... You forgot Putin..

Good to see you again Gemni.

Yes, I did forget about Putin. My bad.

Good to see you, too, man. (But I've been posting more in the Spin Room again. Just getting my news from y'all since the traditional media outlets are going off the deep end.)
06-15-2022 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Biden is a moron. Biden hasnt even taken the easiest and most obvious step forward in easing the current energy crisis. The first step is to stop being part of the problem and get on board with being part of the solution. Biden need only to rescind his misguided Day One "Green Energy" executive order and watch American industry take care of the rest.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 11:55 AM by Attackcoog.)
06-15-2022 11:54 AM
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(06-15-2022 11:54 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Biden is a moron. Biden hasnt even taken the easiest and most obvious step forward in easing the current energy crisis. The first step is to stop being part of the problem and get on board with being part of the solution. Biden need only to rescind his misguided Day One "Green Energy" executive order and watch American industry take care of the rest.

Yep. I haven’t seen such a mess since Carter.
06-15-2022 11:58 AM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Sounds like a windup to nationalize the oil industry.
06-15-2022 12:05 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(06-15-2022 12:05 PM)Claw Wrote:  Sounds like a windup to nationalize the oil industry.

lol---that would literally end the Democrat Party. Of course, its going to be darn near dead anyway after the November mid-terms results. After Carter, it was 12 years before another Democrat sat behind the desk in the oval office. Biden is several magnitudes worse than Carter. While I thought Carter was a terrible president---a lot of what happened to Carter was beyond his control. America was reliant on cheap Middle East oil and OPEC's oil production controls/embargos were largely out of his hands. In stark contrast---Biden was handed an America that was essentially energy independent and he immediately ended that by executive fiat. This is literally ALL on President Houseplant---so this is even worse than Carter. If Progressives continue leading the DNC on its present course, it might be decades before Democrats return to the White House.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 12:21 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-15-2022 12:13 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(06-15-2022 12:13 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 12:05 PM)Claw Wrote:  Sounds like a windup to nationalize the oil industry.

lol---that would literally end the Democrat Party. Of course, its going to be darn near dead anyway after the November mid-terms results. After Carter, it was 12 years before another Democrat sat behind the desk in the oval office. Biden is several magnitudes worse than Carter. While I thought Carter was a terrible president---a lot of what happened to Carter was beyond his control. America was reliant on cheap Middle East oil and OPEC's oil production controls/embargos were largely out of his hands. In stark contrast---Biden was handed an America that was essentially energy independent and he immediately ended that by executive fiat. This is literally ALL on President Houseplant---so this is even worse than Carter. If Progressives continue leading the DNC on its present course, it might be decades before Democrats return to the White House.

That is hyperbole - we all know how this goes. Party x gets control, if they are decent they get a second term, and possibly the next guy rides the coat tails for a 3rd term. Then people get complacent and think its time for the other team to get a shot again.

The only unanswered question is if we get 8 years or 12. Based on history and Biden's un-effin-believably bad performance, I will take the 12 years and be happy.

It may take decades to fix the last 2 years (let alone the next 2) but that's a different story.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 12:30 PM by Eldonabe.)
06-15-2022 12:29 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(06-15-2022 12:29 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

That is hyperbole - we all know how this goes. Party x gets control, if they are decent they get a second term, and possibly the next guy rides the coat tails for a 3rd term. Then people get complacent and think its time for the other team to get a shot again.

The only unanswered question is if we get 8 years or 12. Based on history and Biden's un-effin-believably bad performance, I will take the 12 years and be happy.

It may take decades to fix the last 2 years (let alone the next 2) but that's a different story.

I agree---but it was 12 years last time--and the situation this time is worse. I could see 16 years happening this time. I mean---this is a party that brought you high crime, high inflation, and high fuel prices----and unlike Carter----the Democrats did TWO of those three things ON PURPOSE.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 01:02 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-15-2022 01:00 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(06-15-2022 01:00 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

I agree---but it was 12 years last time--and the situation this time is worse. I could see 16 years happening this time. I mean---this is a party that brought you high crime, high inflation, and high fuel prices----and unlike Carter----the Democrats did TWO of those three things ON PURPOSE.
AS much as I think that's how it should work out, it won't.

Dems are good at tugging at the heart strings and taking the low road where the GOP thinks everything should be a fair fight. Until the GOPers figure out how to fight back, maybe. I doubt it though.
06-15-2022 01:04 PM
Advertisement

b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
(06-15-2022 11:54 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Biden is a moron. Biden hasnt even taken the easiest and most obvious step forward in easing the current energy crisis. The first step is to stop being part of the problem and get on board with being part of the solution. Biden need only to rescind his misguided Day One "Green Energy" executive order and watch American industry take care of the rest.
He's a moron but the people in control of him aren't. They're doing exactly what they've been signalling that they would do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
06-15-2022 01:14 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

(06-15-2022 01:14 PM)b2b Wrote:  
He's a moron but the people in control of him aren't. They're doing exactly what they've been signalling that they would do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yep. And certain people have been warning us about it for a long time as well. We either just didn't listen in time, or in the case of some, like myself, we weren't being heard when we tried to sound the warning. Case in point: This point in time should look different than it does now.
06-15-2022 01:19 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Such an old fool.

“C’mon, yes the Democrats control both houses of Congress and the White House. Yes Biden* closed the pipeline. But it’s the Republicans, Putin, and the greedy oil execs that are gouging people. Joe Biden is not gonna put up with it any longer.”

^^^^^

What a dumb*** you have to be to believe this! 03-lmfao
06-15-2022 01:23 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(06-15-2022 01:23 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Such an old fool.

“C’mon, yes the Democrats control both houses of Congress and the White House. Yes Biden* closed the pipeline. But it’s the Republicans, Putin, and the greedy oil execs that are gouging people. Joe Biden is not gonna put up with it any longer.”

^^^^^

They'll be here shortly.
06-15-2022 01:24 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

^^^^^

Unfortunately, there's a pretty good-sized portion of our voting-eligible population that believes this to be true. And quite a lot of them are so entrenched in that belief, they'll deny anything else even if it's staring them in the face.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 01:27 PM by GeminiCoog.)
06-15-2022 01:26 PM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

(06-15-2022 01:24 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

^^^^^

They'll be here shortly.

Yes, they will. CommieTom, scorpie, and GameNole will be here soon, if not now.
06-15-2022 01:29 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(06-15-2022 12:13 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  If Progressives continue leading the DNC on its present course, it might be decades before Democrats return to the White House.

That is hyperbole -

I don't know.... I've spoken to some NY progressives recently and these guys are totally off the rails. They quite literally believe that all Republican leaders are fascists/racists/anti-democracy etc etc etc ... and that all Republican voters opinions should be 'ignored'. That there shouldn't be anyone politically to the right of the Democratic party. They believe that they are the ones seeking a 'revolution' of sorts... some of them actually supporting gun rights because they think they'll need them against the fascist right... and that were we to divide the nation in to 'us' and 'them', that they would have to 'take over' the 'conservative' nation as it would be a threat to global democracy and security.

I'm not making this up and these aren't fringe wackos... I'm talking about people who were/are 'Justice Democrats and Bernie Bros'.
06-15-2022 01:34 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(06-15-2022 01:34 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 12:13 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  If Progressives continue leading the DNC on its present course, it might be decades before Democrats return to the White House.

That is hyperbole -

I don't know.... I've spoken to some NY progressives recently and these guys are totally off the rails. They quite literally believe that all Republican leaders are fascists/racists/anti-democracy etc etc etc ... and that all Republican voters opinions should be 'ignored'. That there shouldn't be anyone politically to the right of the Democratic party. They believe that they are the ones seeking a 'revolution' of sorts... some of them actually supporting gun rights because they think they'll need them against the fascist right... and that were we to divide the nation in to 'us' and 'them', that they would have to 'take over' the 'conservative' nation as it would be a threat to global democracy and security.

I'm not making this up and these aren't fringe wackos... I'm talking about people who were/are 'Justice Democrats and Bernie Bros'.

As Bongino says..

Republicans think Democrats are people with bad ideas...

Democrats think all Republicans are bad people with ideas...
06-15-2022 02:57 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I think democrats are bad people with bad ideas.
I think republicans are people with no ideas.
06-15-2022 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.