WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Skyy to the Chiefs!
Broncos83 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Skyy to the Chiefs!
Could be fun! Just glad it’s not the Bears or Packers. 2 picks higher than Dee last year (54 vs. 56). Good luck Skyy!!!
04-29-2022 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: Skyy to the Chiefs!
Let's gooo!!

Best possible landing spot for Skyy. Mahomes and Andy Reid. Heck yeah.
04-29-2022 08:02 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Agreed. I'll get to see him often as he will be in our division.

Congrats to Skyy! 04-bow
04-29-2022 08:15 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
Congrats to Skyy Moore! I'm excited what he can do on the next level!
04-29-2022 10:21 PM
Windycitybronco Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU!
Good luck to Skyy, glad he finished as a Bronco, but in all honesty, I feel like I barely got to know him. Seemed like he was with us for 1 year….
04-29-2022 11:19 PM
WesternDave Offline
1st String

Congrats Skyy! Well deserved and unlike some of our recent draft picks, he is put in a good situation and likely won't be asked to carry the WR core on his shoulders.
04-29-2022 11:54 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

04-30-2022 06:20 AM
kzoorob Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(04-30-2022 06:20 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

Very happy for him.. great recurrence to the perfect offense!
04-30-2022 11:15 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Yes!

Steady stream of our players going to the NFL over the years. Keep em' coming.
04-30-2022 11:59 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Skyy Chief!
04-30-2022 01:13 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

04-30-2022 04:13 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Just saw a nice piece during the draft where they talked to Andy Reid and asked him about Moore. Can't find the clip online, but here is the transcript from NFL network.

Quote:In an interview with NFL Network on Saturday, head coach Andy Reid called Moore a unique player who did a “heck of a job” at the college level.

“We think it’s going to transfer right over to some of the things that we do here in the NFL,” Reid said. “He’s a tough kid. He’s not the tallest guy, but he’s got long arms, and he’s got big hands, and he’s such a secure catcher. He’s quick on his releases — you want to come up and bump-and-run him, which happens in this league, you better be able to have a counter to that. And we think he does a nice job with that.

“So we look forward to getting him in here. We have our rookie minicamp coming up at the end of the week, we look forward to getting him in and going.”

Plus, Reid said quarterback Patrick Mahomes quickly expressed that he was fully on board with the pick.

“Pat was happy,” Reid said. “Pat called right away and was thanking Brett [Veach]. And he and I got to talk a little shop about how we can work him in and get him going. So I know Pat’s excited about it.”

Moore caught 95 passes for 1,292 yards with 10 touchdowns in 2021 at Western Michigan.

On the maneuvering the Chiefs did to get Skyy....

Quote:“But we didn’t want to go down into the 60s,” Veach continued. “It kind of worked out perfectly that we were cool with a small move but nothing crazy, and then it just made sense. It was a nice setup for us to move down four spots, get that fifth‐round pick tomorrow, and then get a guy in Skyy Moore that we obviously probably would have taken there at 50. So, it worked out, and you have to hold your breath there, but they’re going to be begging me to trade back all the time now. That’s the good and the bad thing all at once. But it worked out, and again, we’re really excited about the guys we were able to add tonight.”

The team ultimately used that fifth-round pick to trade up and acquire Darian Kinnard at pick No. 145.

Moore posted 95 receptions for over 1,200 yards and 10 touchdowns as a redshirt sophomore in 2021. Three receiver picks that went prior to Moore such as Tyquan Thornton, George Pickens, and Alec Pierce were all viable options, but Moore was the target that Veach felt fulfilled the team’s needs best.

“I think we have a combination of size, speed. We spend a ton of time on these wideouts, and we want to obviously do the work and talk about the scheme fit,” said Veach. “But we also want to keep it a little bit more simplistic in that we’re going to take good players. Again, coach [Andy] Reid, coach (offensive coordinator Eric) Bieniemy, they’re going to find ways to utilize these guys’ strengths. Skyy is unique, he is smaller, but he plays big. He has longer arms. He was a running back that transitioned to wideout. It was funny watching his tape because it seemed like we were watching forever before we saw him drop a pass. His ball skills are great.”

Veach continued to gush over Moore’s skills and scheme fit into the Chiefs’ offense.

“He can get off press coverage, he plays big enough where you can utilize him on the outside, utilize him on the inside, has great run‐after‐the‐catch, great kid, smart,” Veach said. “[Moore] can pick up an offense real quick. So, on one hand, I think when you’re picking, there are times where you are looking for something. But we have guys like MVS (Marquez Valdes‐Scantling) that has some size and speed, Mecole (Hardman) has speed, JuJu (Smith‐Schuster) is big. So, I feel like we have a good combination, and now we just want to add the best player, regardless of size or height, just guys that we feel are going to come in and be able to contribute right away. Certainly, Skyy is one of those guys.”

Chiefs assistant GM Mike Borgonzi doubled down on the team’s interest in Moore at that spot specifically.

“I think that’s any time you trade back,” Borgonzi began. “We just went back four spots and New England ended up taking a wide receiver from Baylor at the time. So, we were sitting there hoping that Skyy would still be there, but it was something that we felt comfortable with at the time and picking up a fifth‐round pick. We certainly liked all those guys; we brought in Pickens. But I think we were really looking at Skyy. We wanted Skyy.”

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/...kyy-moore/
04-30-2022 04:55 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Skyy talks with the K.C. media.

04-30-2022 05:04 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Moore had 23 yards on 3 receptions today (targeted 3 times). Handled a few punt return duties and took a kickoff for a 27 yard return.
08-13-2022 03:15 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

He was drafted high so they gave him a lot of money.

Which means they won't cut him unless he's a major bust in Pre-Season practice-games or does something bad off the field.

Even then he'd probably get a second chance.

NFL people don't like to admit they screwed up on a high draft choice-threw away money.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022 03:26 PM by MajorHoople.)
08-13-2022 03:23 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

08-13-2022 03:26 PM
Advertisement

PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
(08-13-2022 03:23 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  He was drafted high so they gave him a lot of money.

Which means they won't cut him unless he's a major bust in Pre-Season practice-games or does something bad off the field.

NFL people don't like to admit they screwed up on a high draft choice-threw away money.

Wut?

He had a great camp.
08-13-2022 09:06 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(08-13-2022 09:06 PM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  
(08-13-2022 03:23 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  He was drafted high so they gave him a lot of money.

Wut?

He had a great camp.

Don't mind him. He is old and senile.
08-14-2022 10:54 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-13-2022 09:06 PM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  

Wut?

He had a great camp.

What Wut?

Didn't say he didn't have a great camp.

Just talking in generalties that it's hard for high draft choices like Skyy NOT to make the team.
08-14-2022 11:18 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-14-2022 10:54 AM)Nacho Wrote:  Don't mind him. He is old and senile.

And you're young and dumb.
08-14-2022 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.