Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IHSA Five Year Football State Final Bid Specs Posted
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
IHSA Five Year Football State Final Bid Specs Posted
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2022/...cs-posted/

NIU is the best site for these games due to the location and proximity to most of the high schools in the playoffs, facilities, available parking, and having the best attendances.
03-23-2022 03:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: IHSA Five Year Football State Final Bid Specs Posted
(03-23-2022 03:01 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2022/...cs-posted/

NIU is the best site for these games due to the location and proximity to most of the high schools in the playoffs, facilities, available parking, and having the best attendances.

With majority of very small schools in NWI and very large schools in NEI within an hour or so no need to worry about staying the night or waking up early.

I think they were moderately surprised at the success being in DeKalb.

Albeit I am guessing much less is spent in DeKalb vs. other venues again due to proximity. Works for most, namely for the CU hotel price gauging.

Although seeing some of the on campus, newer place prices for 2022 games...geez. Glad I got my new ace up my sleeve. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022 04:37 PM by randyfensfanclub1.)
03-23-2022 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
(03-23-2022 03:01 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2022/...cs-posted/

What were the attendances for the DeKalb games?
03-24-2022 09:56 AM
HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

No requirements listed for minimum number of hot dogs available. I think we’ve got it made!
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022 02:53 PM by HuskieBowWow.)
03-24-2022 11:39 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(03-24-2022 09:56 AM)Big_Man Wrote:  

Sounds like at least 25,000.

Doubt they will get that at games hosted at Ill St. or SUIC.

https://www.shawlocal.com/daily-chronicl...pionships/
[Image: Screenshot-20220324-171241-Samsung-Internet.jpg]
03-24-2022 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

https://www.news-gazette.com/business/ec...f5c73.html

Quote:Illinois’ Memorial Stadium was the lone host for each state football final between 1999 and 2012.

Quote:The biggest issue facing C-U and the UI is a requirement from the IHSA that “the site must guarantee availability of its facilities for all dates” associated with the next five state championship weekends.

Some of those dates between 2023 and 2027 are guaranteed to clash with previously scheduled Illinois football games.

Quote:Anderson said he anticipates that C-U and the UI will place a bid. He also thinks Normal/Illinois State and DeKalb/Northern Illinois will wind up as options and added that Carbondale/Southern Illinois delivered a proposal last time the bidding process was open.
03-24-2022 04:30 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

https://wrmj.com/wrmj-interview-checking...-anderson/

Interview with IHSA Executive Director Craig Anderson

IHSA football discussion starts around 15:20 mark.
03-24-2022 04:43 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

Honestly, they could probably do the big classes up here at NIU and the small classes at ISU. Probably way more man power needed, but proximity this would make sense.
03-24-2022 08:55 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

Although the ISU facilities are still lagging when it comes to locker rooms and indoor practice facilities. I did see they were making a bubble, but those things are a hailstorm or snowstorm away from becoming deflated.
03-24-2022 08:57 PM
All American

(03-24-2022 08:55 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Honestly, they could probably do the big classes up here at NIU and the small classes at ISU. Probably way more man power needed, but proximity this would make sense.

Aren't going to deal with hassle of broadcasting. Don't have 2 crews.
03-25-2022 12:09 AM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

I'm going to venture a guess that NIU comes in a distant third this time, unless as the interview states, they end up with alternating sites as they did with the previous contract. For those who didn't hear the interview Craig Anderson indicated that the goal was a "permanent" site last contract but the Big Ten could not commit to keeping the U of I schedule open that weekend for an extended period of time.

I'm going to put a bet down that Illinois State gets it this go around. The IHSA is headquartered there and the school has made improvements. U of I has been their bread and butter for years, so I think we are third in the pecking order.

Yes, we are closer and most teams are north of I-80 but in reality both those other schools are very accessible for a one day turnaround, especially on that weekend.

The interesting takeaway was the very soon upcoming eight on eight football bracket and playoff, per Anderson, 16 teams within a year or so, probably ending on the weekend before. Didn't get into what size schools would field eight player teams.
03-25-2022 07:22 AM
Advertisement

Big Red Offline
All American

(03-25-2022 07:22 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  I'm going to venture a guess that NIU comes in a distant third this time, unless as the interview states, they end up with alternating sites as they did with the previous contract. For those who didn't hear the interview Craig Anderson indicated that the goal was a "permanent" site last contract but the Big Ten could not commit to keeping the U of I schedule open that weekend for an extended period of time.

I'm going to put a bet down that Illinois State gets it this go around. The IHSA is headquartered there and the school has made improvements. U of I has been their bread and butter for years, so I think we are third in the pecking order.

Yes, we are closer and most teams are north of I-80 but in reality both those other schools are very accessible for a one day turnaround, especially on that weekend.

The interesting takeaway was the very soon upcoming eight on eight football bracket and playoff, per Anderson, 16 teams within a year or so, probably ending on the weekend before. Didn't get into what size schools would field eight player teams.

Missouri has had 8 on 8 for a number of years and they're primarily, if not exclusively, made up of the extremely small schools. My cousin played 8 on 8 (he lived in the very northwest corner of the state - Worth County HS which has and enrollment of 187).

I'm assuming 8 on 8 would be the same here but maybe be less rural as I could see the potential for some Chicago schools to join in who are struggling with enrollment.
03-25-2022 07:39 AM
All American

(03-24-2022 04:24 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(03-24-2022 09:56 AM)Big_Man Wrote:  

Sounds like at least 25,000.

Doubt they will get that at games hosted at Ill St. or SUIC.

https://www.shawlocal.com/daily-chronicl...pionships/
[Image: Screenshot-20220324-171241-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

WOW. I would have hardly of guessed that.

So $30-$40 a person. Seems high when you factor in kids, but I guess everyone has to eat and get gas.

I wonder what downstate revenue is, namely hotel revenue in comparison.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2022 11:31 AM by randyfensfanclub1.)
03-25-2022 11:31 AM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(03-25-2022 07:22 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  I'm going to venture a guess that NIU comes in a distant third this time, unless as the interview states, they end up with alternating sites as they did with the previous contract. For those who didn't hear the interview Craig Anderson indicated that the goal was a "permanent" site last contract but the Big Ten could not commit to keeping the U of I schedule open that weekend for an extended period of time.

Don't see the rationale behind your guess.
The IHSA being headquartered there has no bearing on whether an event is run successfully at that location or not. Their criteria starts with being a facility able to host and staff the event followed by ease of access to translate into good attendance. Highest possible attendance isn't even a criteria when you look at the 27 various IHSA championship events, a third of which are hosted by high schools.
No. 1, why should the Big Ten and Illinois handcuff their football scheduling by reserving their facility for the IHSA. That reason hasn't changed, if anything, the ILL-ness has the notion they need flexibility to possibly squeeze in a non-conference cupcake between the B1G finale and a B1G championship or bowl appearance. That may be crazy thinking to us but the ILL-ness are a smug and arrogant outfit.
No. 2, NIU being closer to the majority of qualifying teams coming from north of I-80 makes attendance easier and has been proven, higher for the larger classes. IHSA officials have not expressed any disappointment or displeasure with the championships contested at Huskie Stadium.
No. 3, regardless of improvements made at ISU, there is no Yordon Center and what makes you think the Redbirds are willing to give up hosting FCS playoff games? ISU has a greater chance of needing their field than the ILL-ness. Last but not least, why start over trying to master logistics of bringing teams and their fans in to place before and after their games in contrast to the ease and improvement shown with every visit to DeKalb?
No. 4, the 8-on-8 football pretty much excluding Chicago and the suburbs would be a more logical reason to host that at ISU or possibly EIU which has also proven itself for decades when it comes to boys and girls track and field. An 8-on-8 event would make the same kind of sense being geographically located for more schools.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2022 04:59 PM by uiniu57.)
03-25-2022 04:11 PM
HUSKiESbelieve Offline
Special Teams

Would love to see the championships stay at Huskies Stadium.
03-25-2022 06:04 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

UI already has the IHSA basketball playoffs. I think it will be fine if NIU gets the football playoffs, especially if they can't commit to the schedule availability.
03-25-2022 07:54 PM
Advertisement

The Huskie Offline
Special Teams

I have a question? Does NIU earn any money from hosting the ISHA Football State Championships? That should be first and foremost in any bid. If not why would NIU want to host it? If the City of DeKalb and local businesses contribute to guaranty that NIU breaks at least even, that is fine. if not why bother?
03-25-2022 11:31 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(03-25-2022 11:31 PM)The Huskie Wrote:  I have a question? Does NIU earn any money from hosting the ISHA Football State Championships? That should be first and foremost in any bid. If not why would NIU want to host it? If the City of DeKalb and local businesses contribute to guaranty that NIU breaks at least even, that is fine. if not why bother?

A thriving DeKalb only benefits NIU. That's why it is frustrating when the Athletic department decides to move home games out of DeKalb. All that does is take money away from DeKalb community and bring it somewhere else that benefits another city while making NIU pay to rent a venue when we already have a bought and paid for Huskie Stadium we can use for free.

Having the best Illinois HS players visit NIU can be a boon to recruiting. The NIU coaches have another opportunity to talk and meet with players, their families and sell them on NIU.
03-26-2022 07:06 AM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(03-25-2022 11:31 PM)The Huskie Wrote:  I have a question? Does NIU earn any money from hosting the ISHA Football State Championships? That should be first and foremost in any bid. If not why would NIU want to host it? If the City of DeKalb and local businesses contribute to guaranty that NIU breaks at least even, that is fine. if not why bother?

Fairly certain NIU does not earn any money hosting nor does the city or local businesses guarantee a "break" even directly.
However, the benefits in NIU hosting go far beyond that. Why should the city and local businesses support the Huskie athletics department if there isn't an equal benefit? No offense to The Huskie, but you have to think bigger picture. If an event helps the city and local businesses, then they will be more inclined and capable of supporting athletics. How do you quantify the value of exposing the parents, potential students and student-athletes to the campus and community? When it comes to student-athletes, there has to be a recruiting advantage to their seeing the Yordon Center and the facilities in person.
03-26-2022 08:36 AM
MPython Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU & White Sox
The biggest drawback for Huskie Stadium may be the outdated and relatively small pressbox.

We have had far bigger crowds then the Illness have ever had. The shorter drives from the suburbs have been a boon.

And DeKalb and NIU benefit from the exposure, the increase in local restaurant and gas sales in town.
03-26-2022 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.