I Root For: Houston
MyBB *** NCAA Tournament - Houston vs UAB - RD of 64***
[Image: FNwyj9jXMAgmYpm?format=jpg&name=small]

Game date: Friday, March 18th
Game time: 8:20 p.m. CT
TV channel: TNT

Online live stream: TNTdrama.com/watchTNT

Odds: Houston -8.5
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2022 06:19 PM by pesik.)
03-16-2022 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: *** NCAA Tournament - Houston vs UAB - RD of 64***
Let’s Go Houston bring those Tournament Units home.
03-16-2022 07:01 PM
Red Dragon Coog Offline
Banned

UAB is getting bounced from round 1
03-16-2022 07:08 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Which one of you Coogs posters are running over to Coogfans board saying UAB fans are delusional and this will be our Super Bowl? I mean seriously......
03-16-2022 09:59 PM
UHCougar08 Offline
Water Engineer

UAB is the next game up. They’ll be ready and excited to be playing as will Houston. Our guys are going to have to fight hard and stay out of trouble. It’s going to be a fun game regardless and I hope Houston wins.
03-16-2022 10:25 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
*** NCAA Tournament - Houston vs UAB - RD of 64***
UAB upsetting first round top seeds is like old hat.

Still not gonna happen this year but this sure ain’t UAB Super Bowl.

That was last Saturday v LaTech

(ooh, I keed!!)
03-16-2022 10:26 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(03-16-2022 09:59 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Which one of you Coogs posters are running over to Coogfans board saying UAB fans are delusional and this will be our Super Bowl? I mean seriously......

the one who said delusional he isnt a poster on this site.. and his point was that uab fans are claiming they'll win because of our historic record, and his point what does that have to do with this game

and the superbowl comment is accurate. upsetting a single digit seed as a double digit seed (12+ on the autobid) is the equivalant of a superbowl in this sport for double digit seeds from 1bid leagues

superbowl comment is an insulate when its random regular season game and you are saying the game is only important because we are levels above yuou.. its not an insult to say post season game is equivlanet to post season game
03-16-2022 10:28 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Go UH. Will have to hit the bar to watch.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2022 01:11 AM by sierrajip.)
03-17-2022 01:10 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(03-16-2022 10:28 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(03-16-2022 09:59 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Which one of you Coogs posters are running over to Coogfans board saying UAB fans are delusional and this will be our Super Bowl? I mean seriously......

the one who said delusional he isnt a poster on this site.. and his point was that uab fans are claiming they'll win because of our historic record, and his point what does that have to do with this game

and the superbowl comment is accurate. upsetting a single digit seed as a double digit seed (12+ on the autobid) is the equivalant of a superbowl in this sport for double digit seeds from 1bid leagues

superbowl comment is an insulate when its random regular season game and you are saying the game is only important because we are levels above yuou.. its not an insult to say post season game is equivlanet to post season game

UAB has beaten higher seeds than Houston on more than one occasion.
03-17-2022 06:43 AM
SadderBudweiser Offline
1st String

I Root For: $$$$MU
Go Coogies.

It’s all about the Benjamins.
03-17-2022 06:48 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

and the superbowl comment is accurate.

1. UAB fans aren't claiming we will beat UH because of our gaudy 18-6 record against the Cougars. That's about as ridiculous as.......

2. Saying this will be UABs Super Bowl. The SB is the pinnacle of of siccess in the NFL.

Beating UH will not even come close to that for UAB. A 19-15 UAB team beat the regular season champs, conf tourney winner and #3 seed Big 12 champs Iowa State in 2015 as a 14 seed.

It's just another big game in the lore of UAB Basketball. When we win there will not be some huge parade or celebration. They'll be happy and move on to Sunday.
03-17-2022 11:40 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-17-2022 11:40 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

1. UAB fans aren't claiming we will beat UH because of our gaudy 18-6 record against the Cougars. That's about as ridiculous as.......

2. Saying this will be UABs Super Bowl. The SB is the pinnacle of of siccess in the NFL.

Beating UH will not even come close to that for UAB. A 19-15 UAB team beat the regular season champs, conf tourney winner and #3 seed Big 12 champs Iowa State in 2015 as a 14 seed.

It's just another big game in the lore of UAB Basketball. When we win there will not be some huge parade or celebration. They'll be happy and move on to Sunday.

You haven't seen a team this year who rebounds like Houston. They gas teams out on defense just trying to stop them on the offensive boards.

Anything can happen, but......

Edit: These are the Cougars...errr...Velociraptors.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2022 12:14 PM by Memphis Yankee.)
03-17-2022 12:08 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

and everyone on moves on to sunday even if it was 3seed big 12 champs...but im talking about if you lost on sunday how the season will be interpreted

there would be a big parade and celebrations.. your take isnt realistic

the difference in winning and losing is uab is the auto bid for a mid major win a loss.. and a win is a declaration that uab basketball is back..not to mention the hype for next season as early signs are that walker is coming back

you can pretend this isnt a pregaming defining game, but it is ..and next year you say you beat 3seed big 12 champs and 5seed aac champs
03-17-2022 01:06 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(03-17-2022 12:08 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  

You haven't seen a team this year who rebounds like Houston. They gas teams out on defense just trying to stop them on the offensive boards.

Anything can happen, but......

Edit: These are the Cougars...errr...Velociraptors.

MY, I have not seen a team in this tournament that plays relentless defense like Houston does. The Coogs can go pretty far IMO with that style which will catch teams off guard who don’t typically see it.
03-18-2022 07:40 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Go Cougars!
03-18-2022 08:22 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
Our fans are something else.

Here’s to a good game Cougar fans.
03-18-2022 08:26 AM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-17-2022 12:08 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  

You haven't seen a team this year who rebounds like Houston.

I also haven't seen an extraterrestrial this year eat frogs like Baby Yoda.
03-18-2022 10:58 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

Cougars 78, UAB 43 final score… I know this to be true because I have a crystal ball I bought from Walmart…
03-18-2022 12:17 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I forgot Jamal Johnson - in Tubby’s last class - now plays for UAB.
03-18-2022 01:16 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-18-2022 12:17 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  Cougars 78, UAB 43 final score… I know this to be true because I have a crystal ball I bought from Walmart…

Did you mean crystal meth instead of crystal ball? Walmart sells both at selected locations. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2022 02:10 PM by HiddenDragon.)
03-18-2022 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.