Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bridgeforth beer distribution set up
Bookmark and Share
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
Does anyone know if Jmu is going to revise the beer distribution in bridgeforth for this upcoming season? It takes like a whole quarter to get a beer since there’s like 2 stands for 25,000 people. Is there any reason why we can’t just sell them in the concession stands and check id at purchase? They also could set up a bunch of extra beer stands throughout the concourses. It’s a win win. The fans win because you won’t miss a whole quarter waiting in line. Jmu wins because they sell more beer which equals more revenue. And they keep fans in seats longer to cheer and help the home field advantage
03-05-2022 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

RE: Bridgeforth beer distribution set up
(03-05-2022 02:31 PM)James Madison Wrote:  Does anyone know if Jmu is going to revise the beer distribution in bridgeforth for this upcoming season? It takes like a whole quarter to get a beer since there’s like 2 stands for 25,000 people. Is there any reason why we can’t just sell them in the concession stands and check id at purchase? They also could set up a bunch of extra beer stands throughout the concourses. It’s a win win. The fans win because you won’t miss a whole quarter waiting in line. Jmu wins because they sell more beer which equals more revenue. And they keep fans in seats longer to cheer and help the home field advantage

I'd think the reason is being able to limit people to two, kinda need the wristband system for that.

Plus the concessions can get to where it takes all of halftime or maybe a little more even with beer being a totally separate line, combining them might just make buying anything else worse for the sake of making buying beer a little better. Probably would be ideal to just add more beer stands and ID check tables imo.
03-05-2022 03:07 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

they have got to find a better solution than what they have know, it's a disaster. so are the concessions. it shouldn't take 20 minutes, waiting on two lines, far apart from one another, to buy a hot dog and a beer.
03-05-2022 03:07 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

(03-05-2022 03:07 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(03-05-2022 02:31 PM)James Madison Wrote:  Does anyone know if Jmu is going to revise the beer distribution in bridgeforth for this upcoming season? It takes like a whole quarter to get a beer since there’s like 2 stands for 25,000 people. Is there any reason why we can’t just sell them in the concession stands and check id at purchase? They also could set up a bunch of extra beer stands throughout the concourses. It’s a win win. The fans win because you won’t miss a whole quarter waiting in line. Jmu wins because they sell more beer which equals more revenue. And they keep fans in seats longer to cheer and help the home field advantage

I'd think the reason is being able to limit people to two, kinda need the wristband system for that.

Plus the concessions can get to where it takes all of halftime or maybe a little more even with beer being a totally separate line, combining them might just make buying anything else worse for the sake of making buying beer a little better. Probably would be ideal to just add more beer stands and ID check tables imo.
I went to Louisville for grad school and the way they do it is they sell beer in most of the concession stands. They also have beer stands at like every other entry to the concourse. Takes like 3 min to get beer. I think that’s the way to do it. I also get that they want the wristbands to limit drinks you can buy but I don’t really understand why they need to limit drinks. Other venues not related to Jmu don’t and it’s fine. Most people aren’t going to buy tons of beer anyway at the stadium prices. Some will but I bet the majority just get a few even if there’s no limit
03-05-2022 03:14 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
(03-05-2022 03:14 PM)James Madison Wrote:  

I went to Louisville for grad school and the way they do it is they sell beer in most of the concession stands. They also have beer stands at like every other entry to the concourse. Takes like 3 min to get beer. I think that’s the way to do it. I also get that they want the wristbands to limit drinks you can buy but I don’t really understand why they need to limit drinks. Other venues not related to Jmu don’t and it’s fine. Most people aren’t going to buy tons of beer anyway at the stadium prices. Some will but I bet the majority just get a few even if there’s no limit

I'd imagine part of this is Va ABC rules, and part of it the vendor (aramark?) not executing well.

A better comparison than Louisville would be how are other stadiums and arenas in Virginia doing this, and is it more successful? How do UVA and VT run beer sales?
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2022 03:46 PM by JMURocks.)
03-05-2022 03:45 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-05-2022 03:07 PM)Bill Wrote:  they have got to find a better solution than what they have know, it's a disaster. so are the concessions. it shouldn't take 20 minutes, waiting on two lines, far apart from one another, to buy a hot dog and a beer.

I’ve been to many games since 2011 (and even further back). The top reason concession stands take so long is not the staff, it’s the patrons moving slowly, not paying attention and not realizing they should decide what they want from the menu before they walk up.

Until you make the people in line stop dragging, nothing is changing.
03-05-2022 03:46 PM
Advertisement

Bill Offline
1st String

(03-05-2022 03:46 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(03-05-2022 03:07 PM)Bill Wrote:  they have got to find a better solution than what they have know, it's a disaster. so are the concessions. it shouldn't take 20 minutes, waiting on two lines, far apart from one another, to buy a hot dog and a beer.

I’ve been to many games since 2011 (and even further back). The top reason concession stands take so long is not the staff, it’s the patrons moving slowly, not paying attention and not realizing they should decide what they want from the menu before they walk up.

Until you make the people in line stop dragging, nothing is changing.

I've been a season ticket holder for about that long and the problem is, on the home side, there are 4 concession stands to serve 49 sections of fans. It's ridiculous.
They either need more stands or to start having workers walk around the seats selling items. For years, I just get whatever items I need when I walk in and do not visit the stands again. When my seatmates go they are gone for 10 minutes, even longer if they're getting beer.
03-05-2022 05:07 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

(03-05-2022 03:45 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(03-05-2022 03:14 PM)James Madison Wrote:  

I'd imagine part of this is Va ABC rules, and part of it the vendor (aramark?) not executing well.

A better comparison than Louisville would be how are other stadiums and arenas in Virginia doing this, and is it more successful? How do UVA and VT run beer sales?
Good question maybe someone can answer it. I’ve never bought beer at tech or uva. I do know that when I went to the WVU game it was also similar to Louisville’s set up. I just hope we do something about it. The current system doesn’t work lol
03-05-2022 05:08 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Exactly. Plus with the concessions it’s set up so awful and people are like sheep, there’s plenty of counters but they’ll stand (usually all students) in one humongous long line for the first counter on the end yet there’s a ton of short lines in the middle.
03-05-2022 05:47 PM
PolishFalconDuke Offline
2nd String

We're big time, now. Start duct-taping liquor filled ziploc bags to your person.
03-05-2022 05:59 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-05-2022 05:07 PM)Bill Wrote:  I've been a season ticket holder for about that long and the problem is, on the home side, there are 4 concession stands to serve 49 sections of fans. It's ridiculous.
They either need more stands or to start having workers walk around the seats selling items. For years, I just get whatever items I need when I walk in and do not visit the stands again. When my seatmates go they are gone for 10 minutes, even longer if they're getting beer.

Bill, I'm pretty sure this is not correct. There's more than 4 concession stands serving the 400 level. I I'm going to guess there's 20 or so throughout the stadium, maybe more.
03-05-2022 09:16 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
shout out to the slow credit card readers doing their part to hold up the line with 99% of people using cards to pay for food and drinks
03-06-2022 12:48 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

(03-05-2022 09:16 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(03-05-2022 05:07 PM)Bill Wrote:  I've been a season ticket holder for about that long and the problem is, on the home side, there are 4 concession stands to serve 49 sections of fans. It's ridiculous.

Bill, I'm pretty sure this is not correct. There's more than 4 concession stands serving the 400 level. I I'm going to guess there's 20 or so throughout the stadium, maybe more.

I think you're talking the number of registers at the concessions, but there is only 4 concessions stands on the home side plus 2 on the student side and one behind the endzone. There are 4 beer stands in the entire stadium.

https://jmusports.com/images/2019/9/13/S...evised.jpg
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022 09:38 PM by JMaddy.)
03-06-2022 09:38 PM
streamerlauncher Offline
Bench Warmer

I sent a long email to my duke club rep after the last playoff game debacle. My two requests were do something different with the beer sales (this isn't working), and staff the food stands with professionals. It is not possible for students with little to no training to efficiently run the food stands. 12,000 people made both systems fail, what happens when 25,000 are in there for the Marshall game?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022 09:32 AM by streamerlauncher.)
03-07-2022 09:31 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2022 09:38 PM)JMaddy Wrote:  
(03-05-2022 09:16 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

I think you're talking the number of registers at the concessions, but there is only 4 concessions stands on the home side plus 2 on the student side and one behind the endzone. There are 4 beer stands in the entire stadium.

https://jmusports.com/images/2019/9/13/S...evised.jpg

I now see where you are coming from. Thanks!
03-07-2022 09:40 AM
RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
(03-06-2022 12:48 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  shout out to the slow credit card readers doing their part to hold up the line with 99% of people using cards to pay for food and drinks

Aren't some of the front counter staff volunteers that may not have retail experience?
03-07-2022 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-07-2022 12:55 PM)RamDawg Wrote:  
(03-06-2022 12:48 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  shout out to the slow credit card readers doing their part to hold up the line with 99% of people using cards to pay for food and drinks

Aren't some of the front counter staff volunteers that may not have retail experience?

I believe they are all volunteers, typically working to raise funds for an organization. That may have changed, but it’s how it’s worked in the past. Same goes for the clean-up “crews” who pick up the streamers and mess left in the stadium after games.
03-07-2022 01:02 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
I'm referring less about the people taking the cards than the technology that processes them. Feel like I wait longer for that machine to process than I do to get a beverage handed to me out of the cooler.
03-07-2022 01:07 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

All this takes is for them to ditch the silly wristband idea. Then fill some buckets with ice and beer at a bunch of places around the concourses with a fold up table. Then give some staff the square reader thing and things would move a lot faster
03-07-2022 01:32 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

The easiest way to solve the beer and concession congestion is to start sending out vendors into the stands or developing an app that lets you order concessions and have it delivered to your seat. I'd happily pay a 10% premium for being able to order food and beers and have it brought to us.
03-07-2022 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.