Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ketanji unfit
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Ketanji unfit
https://nypost.com/2022/03/03/verdict-on...heartless/

This article argues that Biden's supreme court pick is not only a progressive, but owned by big business, the worst possible combination. In 1939 that would be called a fascist.
03-04-2022 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
RE: Ketanji unfit
What a dumb fuc$king article.

Oh, yeah, let's center a story on a family who obviously doesn't like the outcome of a case call into question a judge's legal expertise. Let's THEN extrapolate one case to "prove" she's in bed with big business.

Guess what, about 95% of the time one party in a matter will be dissatisfied with a ruling--and by extension the judge.

Ask any dude who gets fleeced in a divorce--the judge is clearly "pro female" or "didn't pay attention to the facts."

Ask any chick who doesn't get what she wants in a divorce--good ol' boy network.

This sums up the absurdity:

“The lawyers thought, just like I’m sure Biden and the Democrats think, that oh, this is a great thing. Here’s a female. She’s a public defender.” She might want to stand up for “the little guy.”
Far from it. As the family were to discover, Jackson was on the side of big business.

Literally, that is everything a judge ISN'T supposed to do.

A judge shouldn't disregard the facts and the law. A judge shouldn't say, "well, my court doesn't have jurisdiction to hear a case involving a foreign company where the negligence is asserted to have happened in a foreign country, but...what the hell...I'll just disregard the law and STAND UP FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE."

WTF.

GTFOOH with this.

Oh, of course not noted in the article is that Jackson's ruling was appealed and the Appeals court unanimously upheld the lower court decision.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-malay...SKBN1Z921F
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022 12:56 PM by salukiblue.)
03-04-2022 12:51 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
A guy is mad she didn't rule in his favor and that makes her unfit. LOL ok.

Nice hit piece.
03-04-2022 12:54 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington affirmed a November 2018 ruling from U.S. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson that found 40 wrongful death and product liability lawsuits “do not belong in the United States.”

Judge Neomi Rao, writing for the unanimous panel, said that while the court “has great sympathy for the victims of this tragedy and their families” she found no reason to reverse the decision. “We conclude that the district court did not clearly abuse its discretion in dismissing appellants’ lawsuits,” she wrote.

Damn prog filth COA Judge:

Quote:NEOMI RAO
(202) 216-7340

Judge Rao was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in March 2019. She graduated from Yale College in 1995 and the University of Chicago Law School in 1999. Following graduation, she served as a law clerk to Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson III of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and, in the 2001 October Term, as law clerk to Justice Clarence Thomas of the U.S. Supreme Court. Between her clerkships, Judge Rao served as counsel for nominations and constitutional law to the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. In 2002, she joined the international arbitration group of Clifford Chance LLP in London, England. From 2005-2006, she served as Special Assistant and Associate White House Counsel to President George W. Bush. From 2006 to 2017, Judge Rao was a professor at the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University, where she taught constitutional law, legislation and statutory interpretation, and the history and foundations of the administrative state. In 2014, she founded the Center for the Study of the Administrative State, a non-profit Center that promoted academic scholarship and public policy debates about administrative law. In July 2017, she was appointed to serve as the Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Office of Management Budget. She served in this position until her appointment to the D.C. Circuit.

You folks just kill me.

You find a story that clicks your confirmation bias and act like that has to be the truth. You don't do any secondary investigation. Just run with the story from a paper you know has an obvious slant.
03-04-2022 01:00 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
She's a woman and she's black. That's all that mattered to Biden*
03-04-2022 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(03-04-2022 01:00 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington affirmed a November 2018 ruling from U.S. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson that found 40 wrongful death and product liability lawsuits “do not belong in the United States.”

Judge Neomi Rao, writing for the unanimous panel, said that while the court “has great sympathy for the victims of this tragedy and their families” she found no reason to reverse the decision. “We conclude that the district court did not clearly abuse its discretion in dismissing appellants’ lawsuits,” she wrote.

(202) 216-7340

Judge Rao was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in March 2019. She graduated from Yale College in 1995 and the University of Chicago Law School in 1999. Following graduation, she served as a law clerk to Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson III of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and, in the 2001 October Term, as law clerk to Justice Clarence Thomas of the U.S. Supreme Court. Between her clerkships, Judge Rao served as counsel for nominations and constitutional law to the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. In 2002, she joined the international arbitration group of Clifford Chance LLP in London, England. From 2005-2006, she served as Special Assistant and Associate White House Counsel to President George W. Bush. From 2006 to 2017, Judge Rao was a professor at the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University, where she taught constitutional law, legislation and statutory interpretation, and the history and foundations of the administrative state. In 2014, she founded the Center for the Study of the Administrative State, a non-profit Center that promoted academic scholarship and public policy debates about administrative law. In July 2017, she was appointed to serve as the Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Office of Management Budget. She served in this position until her appointment to the D.C. Circuit.

You folks just kill me.

You find a story that clicks your confirmation bias and act like that has to be the truth. You don't do any secondary investigation. Just run with the story from a paper you know has an obvious slant.

Who are "you folks" at this point in this thread there's 4 post...

OP

You

a guy that did not hold up to his word (backs your point of view)

you

So once more who are you folks?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022 01:28 PM by WKUYG.)
03-04-2022 01:27 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Did ****** Carlson uncover her LSAT and SAT scores yet like he did with ACB, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh?
03-04-2022 01:47 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(03-04-2022 01:16 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  She's a woman and she's black. That's all that mattered to Biden*

[Image: 137753267-la-scelta-migliore-seleziona-t...azione.jpg]
03-04-2022 02:08 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
Have some fun with and raise some money off this nomination if you like, but prepare yourselves for Justice Kentanji Brown Jackson to take her seat on the Supreme Court.
03-04-2022 02:09 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-04-2022 12:37 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/03/verdict-on...heartless/

This article argues that Biden's supreme court pick is not only a progressive, but owned by big business, the worst possible combination. In 1939 that would be called a fascist.

i don't get the argument on this one (other than she seemed to be lazy with the cut/paste about the briefing)....

Look, do i think there are better alternatives out there than Ketanji? Obviously, i would love someone who judged more from the center than the left.

But that article is basically one family ripping the judge to shreds because she didn't side with them.

Give me her full body of work and then I'll tell you had good/bad of a choice she is. (Honestly, i havent' had time to research any thing political lately).
03-04-2022 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(03-04-2022 01:27 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(03-04-2022 01:00 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington affirmed a November 2018 ruling from U.S. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson that found 40 wrongful death and product liability lawsuits “do not belong in the United States.”

(202) 216-7340

You folks just kill me.

OP

You

you

I thought precisely the same thing.

A single poster quotes a clearly labeled OPINION piece in what is not far from The National Enquirer (which DOES sometimes break a story, but not often) and suddenly 'you folks' are all somehow guilty of something??

I WILL say this though....
The opinion of the appellate court, though legally binding... COULD simply be evidence of 'another' court standing up for big business. I mean, if the system is racist... systemic racism and all... then I'm wondering how a court can't 'fix' this.... since that is the whole reason we're being told we need more progressive (and especially black, female) judges??

FTR, I'm not saying they should... I don't know the facts... I'm just saying that there is an equally reasonable explanation that doesn't impugn 'the right'.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022 02:33 PM by Hambone10.)
03-04-2022 02:28 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(03-04-2022 01:27 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

(202) 216-7340

You folks just kill me.

OP

You

you

Haha, this entire board. Look at 95% of the op's there's some lead post from (generally) some right wing/far right outlet then folks piping in about "libtards" and "prog filth" or "pedo joe" or "biden*".

Even after the post, there are still the tired "checkbox" meme or other lazy posts.

Hell, we should be happy she's "pro big-business"--that's the same accusation the Conservatives get heaped upon them.
03-04-2022 02:48 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(03-04-2022 02:48 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(03-04-2022 01:27 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  So once more who are you folks?

Haha, this entire board. Look at 95% of the op's there's some lead post from (generally) some right wing/far right outlet then folks piping in about "libtards" and "prog filth" or "pedo joe" or "biden*".

Even after the post, there are still the tired "checkbox" meme or other lazy posts.

Hell, we should be happy she's "pro big-business"--that's the same accusation the Conservatives get heaped upon them.

So...
WHich are you?
You're not Pedo Joe or Biden*... so are you progressive filth or a libtard?

Such descriptions are only apt if you are the target of the comment....

so who are 'you folks'? If its every conservative on here, that's on you for saying it... I don't see you being singled out in your list, unless you are claiming it
03-04-2022 02:56 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(03-04-2022 02:56 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-04-2022 02:48 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(03-04-2022 01:27 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  So once more who are you folks?

So...
WHich are you?
You're not Pedo Joe or Biden*... so are you progressive filth or a libtard?

Such descriptions are only apt if you are the target of the comment....

so who are 'you folks'? If its every conservative on here, that's on you for saying it... I don't see you being singled out in your list, unless you are claiming it

Jesus Christ you guys are sensitive.

"You guys" the 95% of far right conservatives or people who support Trump (since Trump is a RINO and not close to being a conservative) who either post links from right leaning sources then run with them as if they are the truth or the folks who then just add comment upon comment as if whatever was OP is the truth.
03-04-2022 03:02 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Ketanji unfit
Does she believe the Constitution is a living document?

Thats all i care about.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
03-04-2022 03:30 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(03-04-2022 03:30 PM)maximus Wrote:  Does she believe the Constitution is a living document?

Thats all i care about.

I don't believe it is.

But even if she does, that's not disqualifying.

It's a judicial approach.

Just like originalism.

Or being a strict constructionist.

It would be just as insane for a lib to not approve a justice because that judge believes in originalism.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022 03:35 PM by salukiblue.)
03-04-2022 03:35 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
She seems qualified. Imho the best thing the GOP could do is announce up front they will confirm her. She has already been confirmed twice so this is just a dog and pony show. Then...Ask her cordial questions without a single mention of her gender or race. Do everything possible to steal the thunder from the Liberals. The court still will lean conservative anyway and we all know these people often fool us when they get into the club.
03-04-2022 03:43 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-04-2022 03:35 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(03-04-2022 03:30 PM)maximus Wrote:  Does she believe the Constitution is a living document?

Thats all i care about.

I don't believe it is.

Just like originalism.

It would be just as insane for a lib to not approve a justice because that judge believes in originalism.
Its a disqualification in my eyes. You cant uphold something you dont believe is accurate based on how the wind blows.

Just my opinion

03-04-2022 04:03 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(03-04-2022 03:35 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Thats all i care about.

I don't believe it is.

Just like originalism.

Only thing I know about her is that she has a high number of decisions overturned. A great legal mind? Hardly. Pushing a progressive agenda? Probably.

We don't need that on the Supreme Court.
03-04-2022 04:12 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
If it were an Asian American woman, nominated by Republicans, instead of a black woman, BLM would take to the streets rioting. You know those fiery mostly peaceful protests like we saw in 2020.

The Left has come to the point if they don’t get what they want they riot. It happened here again last night. One of the white police officers from the Breona Taylor case was acquitted of all charges and the BLM thugs went nuts. Urged on by our mayor who said there was no justice.

It was a 12 person jury with 4 blacks who deliberated only 3 hours to find him unanimously not guilty.

Get ready for another summer of violence in American cities. Bought and paid for by George Soros and your Democrat Party.
03-04-2022 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.