Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liberal CBC journalist give up on MSM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/another...ara-henley

"...It used to be that I was the one furthest to the left in any newsroom, occasionally causing strain in story meetings with my views on issues like the housing crisis. I am now easily the most conservative, frequently sparking tension by questioning identity politics. This happened in the span of about 18 months. My own politics did not change.

To work at the CBC in the current climate is to embrace cognitive dissonance and to abandon journalistic integrity.

It is to sign on, enthusiastically, to a radical political agenda that originated on Ivy League campuses in the United States and spread through American social media platforms that monetize outrage and stoke societal divisions. It is to pretend that the “woke” worldview is near universal — even if it is far from popular with those you know, and speak to, and interview, and read.

To work at the CBC now is to accept the idea that race is the most significant thing about a person, and that some races are more relevant to the public conversation than others. It is, in my newsroom, to fill out racial profile forms for every guest you book; to actively book more people of some races and less of others...."
01-19-2022 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Wait a second.....she doesnt like the leftist utopia she helped create? I dont feel sorry for her one bit.

Like these clowns fleeing blue states, they should be cordoned from leaving and forced to live in those hell holes they helped create.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
01-19-2022 01:33 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I mean hell uhaul ran out of trucks in California.... bwahahahaha

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/u-...alifornia/

01-19-2022 01:35 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Liberal CBC journalist give up on MSM
You broke it you bought it.
01-19-2022 01:36 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
These comments seem to me to be a bit harsh.

Unlike all of us keyboard heroes, she actually gave up a primo job in her industry in order to stay true to her principles. I admire her.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022 01:41 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
01-19-2022 01:40 PM
banker Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(01-19-2022 01:40 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  These comments seem to me to be a bit harsh.

Unlike all of us keyboard heroes, she actually helped indoctrinate this new group of radical journalist who were swayed by[b] her principles. I admire her.

FIFY
01-19-2022 03:30 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(01-19-2022 01:35 PM)maximus Wrote:  I mean hell uhaul ran out of trucks in California.... bwahahahaha

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/u-...alifornia/

I gotta rent a 5' x 10' U-Haul covered trailer in May or June to bring some stuff from FL to NY. Usually if you talk to a U-Haul manager at one of the company stores...he'll give you a great deal to move stuff out of places like FL, TX, etc...
01-19-2022 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-19-2022 01:33 PM)maximus Wrote:  Wait a second.....she doesnt like the leftist utopia she helped create? I dont feel sorry for her one bit.

Like these clowns fleeing blue states, they should be cordoned from leaving and forced to live in those hell holes they helped create.

Agree 100%
01-19-2022 06:06 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-19-2022 01:40 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  These comments seem to me to be a bit harsh.

Unlike all of us keyboard heroes, she actually gave up a primo job in her industry in order to stay true to her principles. I admire her.

To a degree maybe. A big maybe. Like Max said, she helped create it so she should live with it.
01-19-2022 06:07 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I give her credit for finally getting it, at least.

I can't fathom how soulless Jen Pissaki has to be to go out there shovel obvious bullsh!t all day every day and do it with a straight face.
01-19-2022 10:33 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Yeah, she's signed her own "banned from the industry for life papers." Its not easy to stand up and say you disagree with something. Its always much easier to just shut up and keep cashing the paychecks. And that's true no matter what your political persuasion might be.
01-19-2022 11:35 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-19-2022 10:33 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I give her credit for finally getting it, at least.

I can't fathom how soulless Jen Pissaki has to be to go out there shovel obvious bullsh!t all day every day and do it with a straight face.

She probably makes as much as anyone in Washington and is privy to insider info so she isn't about to upset that cash cow.
01-20-2022 06:35 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(01-20-2022 06:35 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(01-19-2022 10:33 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I give her credit for finally getting it, at least.

She probably makes as much as anyone in Washington and is privy to insider info so she isn't about to upset that cash cow.

Ginger Goebbels is the prototype progressive. So far as I can tell, she is not a committed ideologue. She is a committed liar. I don’t think for a second that she believes any of the b.s. that she is spewing. But truth and personal integrity are really meaningless to her.

What ultimately drives Jen Psaki, and most every committed progressive, is a hatred for America. Individual success is not to be celebrated; it instead is a threat to be squelched. Globalist interests are to be promoted; national interests denigrated.

How to counter this? A good place to start is by being religiously committed to the truth. There is no need to lie in support of promoting the interests of America.
01-20-2022 06:52 AM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Veteran MSNBC Anchor Leaves ‘Hyper-Partisan’ News Environment To Join Local Station

Quote:MSNBC anchor Kendis Gibson is leaving the left-leaning network because he no longer wants to be part of a “hyper-partisan” news environment 24/7.

Gibson told Variety that he is jumping to a new role at CBS’ Miami station, WFOR, a local news station in Florida.

“I wanted to get away from working in the hyper-partisan 24/7 political news space,” Gibson said. “This is a good chance to anchor a newscast that covers the full gamut of the news cycle which I love, including world news, entertainment news, human interest stories, and stories important to local communities — and in an awesome city with a big commitment to local news from the top down.”

“The move shows ViacomCBS bringing in new local staffers under Wendy McMahon, co-president of the company’s news and stations unit, and Gibson says he welcomed the chance to take on a wider range of reporting than he was able to do at MSNBC, where he was anchoring early mornings on weekends,” Variety reported.

“Gibson joined MSNBC as a weekend anchor in 2019, part of a bid by the NBCUniversal-owned cable-news outlet to feature more live programming on weekends, a period that was often filled with repeats of the jail documentary series “Lockup.” In recent weeks, however, MSNBC has started to run repeats of streaming opinion programs led by Zerlina Maxwell and Mehdi Hasan, in its early weekend hours. MSNBC has been working to shore up its ratings on weekends, where it has trailed competitors in the critical audience demographic of people between 25 and 54, the group most coveted by advertisers,” Variety added in its report.

01-20-2022 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
He'll still be working for a CBS (AFFILIATE) so where will the change be? Here in El Paso the local news is as bad as the national news outlets where they will tell you the same lies or in some cases half truths. The only difference in that local news station is that he will just be reading what he is told and not what lie he created.

The only local news I watch is a Fox affiliate and they aren't that bad, they still withhold much of the truth to the public. You know, if you tell a half lie it's not a complete lie so you're okay, just like Satan did to Adam and Eve and to Jesus. The Demoncrapped are geniuses in this.
01-20-2022 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.