Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Florida: 'Alleged' Antifa Member Busted With Bomb
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Florida: 'Alleged' Antifa Member Busted With Bomb
Quote:Garrett James Smith, 22, was arrested and found carrying an active pipe bomb, Antifa propaganda and a written document on what to bring for his direct action. He had recently returned from Portland, Ore.

A man in full black bloc behaving suspiciously near a right-wing rally outside the Pinellas County Courthouse in Florida on Jan. 6 was apprehended by deputies after he tried fleeing on foot. Garrett James Smith, 22, was arrested and found carrying an active pipe bomb, Antifa propaganda and a written document on what to bring for his direct action. He had recently returned from Portland, Ore.

"He was running fast, he was running away from something," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said at a press conference on Friday. Bomb squad investigators from the F.B.I., Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and the Tampa Police Deparment responded to the scene and determined the device was a "homemade M-type destructive device," according to the affidavit.

Smith was purportedly targeting dozens of the attendees of a rally protesting the treatment of Jan. 6 suspects on the one-year anniversary of the U.S. Capitol riot.

Quote:A search of Smith's home he shares with his parents in Oldsmar, Fla. revealed more explosives, tape and nails for use in grenades. Smith’s “direct action” checklist included a drawing of an umbrella, a symbol adopted by Antifa militants for their frequent use of black umbrellas to shield one another from cameras while they commit acts of violence or vandalism. The helmet found in his backpack during his arrest had the Antifa “iron front” symbol painted on it.

Sheriff Gualtieri said that Smith is refusing to cooperate in the investigation. And although he stopped short of speculating on what possible motives Smith may have had and who he wanted to target, the arrest affidavit lists "ANTIFA" and anti-government violent extremism as aggravating factors in his arrest.

https://thepostmillennial.com/alleged-an...-his-house

Another basement dweller unable to deal with life..........go figure. Check out the pictures on the site.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022 04:36 PM by MileHighBronco.)
01-09-2022 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Florida: 'Alleged' Antifa Member Busted With Bomb
(01-09-2022 04:35 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
Quote:Garrett James Smith, 22, was arrested and found carrying an active pipe bomb, Antifa propaganda and a written document on what to bring for his direct action. He had recently returned from Portland, Ore.

A man in full black bloc behaving suspiciously near a right-wing rally outside the Pinellas County Courthouse in Florida on Jan. 6 was apprehended by deputies after he tried fleeing on foot. Garrett James Smith, 22, was arrested and found carrying an active pipe bomb, Antifa propaganda and a written document on what to bring for his direct action. He had recently returned from Portland, Ore.

"He was running fast, he was running away from something," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said at a press conference on Friday. Bomb squad investigators from the F.B.I., Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and the Tampa Police Deparment responded to the scene and determined the device was a "homemade M-type destructive device," according to the affidavit.

Smith was purportedly targeting dozens of the attendees of a rally protesting the treatment of Jan. 6 suspects on the one-year anniversary of the U.S. Capitol riot.

Quote:A search of Smith's home he shares with his parents in Oldsmar, Fla. revealed more explosives, tape and nails for use in grenades. Smith’s “direct action” checklist included a drawing of an umbrella, a symbol adopted by Antifa militants for their frequent use of black umbrellas to shield one another from cameras while they commit acts of violence or vandalism. The helmet found in his backpack during his arrest had the Antifa “iron front” symbol painted on it.

Sheriff Gualtieri said that Smith is refusing to cooperate in the investigation. And although he stopped short of speculating on what possible motives Smith may have had and who he wanted to target, the arrest affidavit lists "ANTIFA" and anti-government violent extremism as aggravating factors in his arrest.

Another basement dweller unable to deal with life..........go figure. Check out the pictures on the site.

My daughter will turn 22 in the next few weeks. She lives with us. While I admit my wife and I don't know every single detail about her life, we know a LOT -- especially what goes on in our house. We also know quite a lot about what goes on at her work. And we know a lot about her social life and her friends.

I can't imagine that guy's parents had no clue he was a radical who had serious social and behavioral issues.
01-09-2022 04:50 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
Wonder if he will receive no bail and a year in solitary like the 1/6 trespassers.
01-09-2022 04:51 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(01-09-2022 04:50 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 04:35 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  

My daughter will turn 22 in the next few weeks. She lives with us. While I admit my wife and I don't know every single detail about her life, we know a LOT -- especially what goes on in our house. We also know quite a lot about what goes on at her work. And we know a lot about her social life and her friends.

I can't imagine that guy's parents had no clue he was a radical who had serious social and behavioral issues.

The nut doesn’t fall far from the tree.
01-09-2022 04:56 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(01-09-2022 04:50 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I can't imagine that guy's parents had no clue he was a radical who had serious social and behavioral issues.
Some parents, — whether from exhaustion, fear, or something else — look the other way and don’t want to know. So honestly I am able to “imagine” that they had no clue.

But of course, it’s far more likely that they did have a clue. It’s more likely that they are pro-Antifa themselves and were actively helping him in his plans.
01-09-2022 05:03 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Lies. You can’t arrest an idea.
01-09-2022 05:15 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
Wow. Some real championship material coming out of Portland, Oregon these days...
01-09-2022 06:02 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(01-09-2022 06:02 PM)All4One Wrote:  Wow. Some real championship material coming out of Portland, Oregon these days...
pro-Antifa organization probably has some sort of training camp there.
01-09-2022 10:40 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

(01-09-2022 10:40 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 06:02 PM)All4One Wrote:  Wow. Some real championship material coming out of Portland, Oregon these days...
pro-Antifa organization probably has some sort of training camp there.

Well, Portland's Rose City Antifa is an affiliate of the Torch Network, the domestic terrorist organization that spearheaded the arson fires and riots across the country in 2020.
01-09-2022 11:14 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
His parents should be held responsible for what goes on in their home.

If Mommy and Daddy unknowingly let Junior use their home to plan, gather materials and build bombs, they need to be held responsible. Letting Junior hide behind them in their home should be treated as aiding and abetting a criminal.
01-10-2022 04:38 AM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
This punk b!tch Smith is the perfect prototype example of an Antifa member. No real job, still lives with Mommy and Daddy, gets to act out his "tough guy" fantasies dressed in black and running from the destructive acts he is perpetrating, no girlfriends and a highly frustrated virgin. No way he wants a relationship with the demented skanks that are also Antifa members and I can't fault him for that.

If he continues down this path, he'll get tattoos and begin molesting children like that bald headed ex-con that Rittenhouse put down up in Wisconsin.
01-10-2022 07:37 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(01-09-2022 05:15 PM)banker Wrote:  Lies. You can’t arrest an idea.

You must not be aware of the Joe Biden Administration (and the democrat party).........
01-10-2022 08:17 AM
All4One Offline
Banned

(01-10-2022 08:17 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 05:15 PM)banker Wrote:  Lies. You can’t arrest an idea.

You must not be aware of the Joe Biden Administration (and the democrat party).........

Oh, he's aware, I'm sure. Ask a Democrat about Antifa, and they'll tell you it's a feeling not a group or organization.
01-10-2022 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.