Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bring it on East Carolina!
Bookmark and Share
KnightRider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF

I see most are already handing the Liberty Bowl to USM huh? Well I say UCF wins out and USM loses another conference game. That will open up the door for us to meet UTEP in the C-USA championship. Yes I said UTEP and not Tulsa. ECU :chair: , then Houston :chair: , then UAB :chair: , then Rice :chair:, and then UTEP :chair:, or whoever from the West that wants some! And that's the bottom line, cause GO says so! Be confident Knights. We're so close to making history. GO UCF GO! I'm loving the ride!
10-23-2005 06:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jollyroger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU

If you can beat us in Greenville, you deserve to go to Memphis. Your defense doesn't look to be all that great from watching what USM did to it. Should be a great game. :ecu: :ecu:
10-23-2005 06:28 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

jollyroger Wrote:If you can beat us in Greenville, you deserve to go to Memphis. Your defense doesn't look to be all that great from watching what USM did to it. Should be a great game. :ecu: :ecu:
At defense is horrible....on the road. At home its stifling (ask memphis, marshall, or Tulane). Unfortunately this game is being played in greenville. For some reason our guys just dont have it on the road. Should be a fun game either way.
10-23-2005 07:47 AM
bignow Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Not saying UCF will win @ ECU (ECU will probably be favored), but we did a much better job against a certain RB from Memphis! ECU's strength on offense (passing) is UCF's weakness on D. On the other hand, we are turning into a run first team which doesn't look good for ECU. As for Knightrider looking into the future, let's just look to this Saturday. UCF could lose 3 out of the next four just as easily as winning those games. I don't think we are ready this year for a team like UTEP.
10-23-2005 07:52 AM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

UCF, you guys have a great future, and I've got nothing but respect for ya.....but I can guarantee that your very first bowl game will not be the Liberty Bowl. Without a track record to go off of, your first bowl will either be New Orleans/Lafayette, Mobile, or Hawaii. You could run the table the rest of the way, and the LB will pass you guys up this year.
10-23-2005 07:59 AM
nucleus Offline
Banned

I Root For:

If UCF runs the table they deserve the Liberty Bowl!
I can tell you this.....UCF will be in the Liberty Bowl before the great Memphis Tigers!
10-23-2005 08:04 AM
Advertisement

rulethirty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF Knights

The liberty bowl sure would be nice.. but there would be a sense of redemption being offered with the GMAC 03-wink 04-cheers
10-23-2005 08:41 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

It is vital for the overall success of CUSA for UCF to build a strong program. I just dont want UCF to take another positive step forward this Saturday 03-wink
I cant wait to get on the plane and head to Greenville for Homecoming and UCF. Should be a great game with a nice crowd 04-cheers
10-23-2005 08:47 AM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

Im expecting this game to be a VERY close one. We all know UCF can't play on the road, but if we pull this one off in Greenville, then I think we are legitimate title contenders. Im not making any predictions. Historically UCF never beat ECU, and this could be the beginning of a potential rivalry. In the spirit of good sportsmanship I want to extend an olive branch to ECU and wish them luck....break a leg! 03-razz
10-23-2005 09:47 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss

jollyroger Wrote:If you can beat us in Greenville, you deserve to go to Memphis. Your defense doesn't look to be all that great from watching what USM did to it. Should be a great game. :ecu: :ecu:
If beating ECU in Greenville is enough for UCF to deserve the Liberty Bowl, what are you saving for the team that blew you out in Greenville? Rose Bowl?
10-23-2005 10:05 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

ive seen both teams in person and this should be a VERY competitive game. Im not sure who will win, but i am sure i would buy a ticket for it if i was in that part of the world
10-23-2005 10:28 AM
Advertisement

ucfjay Offline
Special Teams

Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:I cant wait to get on the plane and head to Greenville for Homecoming and UCF. Should be a great game with a nice crowd 04-cheers
I can't wait either-- driving up to the game with 3 fellow Knight fans Friday morning. I really think this will be a great game, I'm pumped!!!

04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
10-23-2005 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

nucleus Wrote:If UCF runs the table they deserve the Liberty Bowl!
I can tell you this.....UCF will be in the Liberty Bowl before the great Memphis Tigers!
Hey nucleus, your lunch break is over... get back out there son and clean up the blue spray paint on the Southern Miss eagle
10-23-2005 11:54 AM
Quote this message in a reply
wahoo man
Unregistered

Sadly, starting this year the Liberty Bowl isn't up for grabs to the "most deserving team". It will go to the team the Liberty Bowl officials feel will #1. Put butts in the seats & #2. Bring the best tv ratings.

Central Florida, though a great feel-good story considering the long losing streak, will not be that team anytime in the near future. Just too far away.
10-23-2005 12:01 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

moloch_322 Wrote:....break a leg! 03-razz
Funny you say this, because in 1993 when we played you a UCF player did exactly this to our eventual star QB Marcus Cradell in the second game of the year. Logan had just kicked the previous year's starter Michael Anderson who threw 28 touchdown passes in 1992 off for not following team rules prior to the season. We were already pretty shallow at QB and by the end of the season we were starting a true freshman converted WR and 2-9.

I think ECU is 44-9 all time on homecoming, so good luck.
10-23-2005 01:10 PM
Bronco_USA
Unregistered

StillJonesing Wrote:Funny you say this, because in 1993 when we played you a UCF player did exactly this to our eventual star QB Marcus Cradell in the second game of the year. Logan had just kicked the previous year's starter Michael Anderson who threw 28 touchdown passes in 1992 off for not following team rules prior to the season. We were already pretty shallow at QB and by the end of the season we were starting a true freshman converted WR and 2-9.

I think ECU is 44-9 all time on homecoming, so good luck.
That was the joke..."Break a leg"

Considering the game was in '93 you have to be over that now? Maybe this years broken leg will be a clean hit? :ecu: ahh!
10-23-2005 01:25 PM
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

A team that was losing 45-7 at the half to USM will not be in the Liberty Bowl. No way.
10-23-2005 02:00 PM
Bronco_USA
Unregistered

Nugget's Ghost Wrote:A team that was losing 45-7 at the half to USM will not be in the Liberty Bowl. No way.
I don't think we will go to the Liberty, but it has nothing to do with the 45-7 Halftime at USM. I think we lose 1 more conference game and end up at 6-2 in the conference. We had what 6 turnovers inside the your redzone that night? Any D-1a school would have beat us on that night.
10-23-2005 02:09 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

Nugget's Ghost Wrote:A team that was losing 45-7 at the half to USM will not be in the Liberty Bowl. No way.
I bet you would have also said that about the Nebraska team that lost to Colorado 62-34 the last week of the season and didn't even go to the Big 12 title game but were selected for the nation championship game :rolleyes:

Or

Oklahoma losing 7-35 to Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game and still going to the National title game :rolleyes:

$hit happens man.
10-23-2005 02:11 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

StillJonesing Wrote:
I bet you would have also said that about the Nebraska team that lost to Colorado 62-34 the last week of the season and didn't even go to the Big 12 title game but were selected for the nation championship game :rolleyes:

Or

Oklahoma losing 7-35 to Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game and still going to the National title game :rolleyes:

$hit happens man.
Yes it does...33-7 this year...24 wins 7 losses....ECU remains USM's play toy.... :rofl:
10-23-2005 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.