[Image: f1fad8176456ef08e893a3b4a5b78071.png]

LEWIS AND CLARK
12-08-2021 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Merry Xmas: Fox Tree Set Ablaze
(12-08-2021 07:22 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  [Image: f1fad8176456ef08e893a3b4a5b78071.png]

LEWIS AND CLARK

That's awesome! +3
12-08-2021 07:48 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Guess they finally got their war on Christmas.
12-08-2021 10:17 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
They have an arson suspect in custody now, but I suspect we'll hear very little about him and any motives since it surely won't fit the mainstream media narrative.

Destroying a Christmas tree of a right-leaning news company = not newsworthy, the perp will probably get a slap on the wrist.
Destroying a menorah or a Black Lies Matter mural = top national story on every major news outlet, the perp will be charged with a hate crime.
12-08-2021 10:34 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: Fox-Christmas-Tree-730x548.jpg]
12-08-2021 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

12-09-2021 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-09-2021 12:56 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

it’s an attack on Christianity?! Lmmfao at that bs…

it’s nothing more than another pos doing pos thingys … keep on editorializing … that ought to work just dandy-lyin rino style moving forward … see how that works?!
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021 01:15 PM by stinkfist.)
12-09-2021 01:14 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
They'll let him walk for arson but he'll get his when they lock him up for not wearing that mask correctly.
12-09-2021 01:19 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Fox News Anchor Was Having None of Dem Guest’s Fake Narratives During Christmas Tree Arson Segment

Quote:The anchors and reporters at Fox News are spending a good bit of airtime reporting on and discussing the despicable incident from early Wednesday morning where someone who various reports describe as a “homeless man” allegedly set the network’s patriotic-themed Christmas tree on fire. It’s understandable they’d want to focus on this story, considering the shocking, intentional act of arson hit so close to home, literally right next to the network’s New York studios.

Popular host Tucker Carlson devoted an entire segment to it last night and others have as well, including Harris Faulkner, who sits at the helm of their weekday show “Faulkner Focus.”

During her program earlier today, Faulkner was talking about what happened with the two guests she had on – Cassie Smedile, who is the executive director for “America Rising” and Democrat Richard Goodstein, who was an advisor to Hillary Clinton’s failed 2016 presidential campaign.

At one point in the segment, Faulkner addressed Goodstein, and wondered where we were as a society when Christmas trees literally come under attack by some people. Goodstein was chomping at the bit to respond and used the moment to try and shame the network for allegedly focusing more on the burned down Christmas tree than “decrying the anti-vaxxers,” then citing government statistics on the number dead from the coronavirus.

“To your point, if Fox would put as much energy into decrying the anti-vaxxers — we now have 800,000 people dead and one tree that’s destroyed. I don’t think there is a lack of, kind of, symmetry there,” he stated before suggesting that, “I think that’s where the energy should go.”

The look on Faulkner’s face said it all, and indeed, she was having none of it whatsoever.

“First of all, you don’t have your facts straight because many of us talk about being vaxxed, boostered, all of that, within the realm of reporting on the entire subject. We also talk about natural antibodies and all of it,” she countered as Goodstein tried to interject.

“So if you want to point a finger and call somebody anti-vaxx, get your facts straight,” Faulkner advised before trying to smooth things over with her guest. “Okay. Richard, I’ve known you a long time, and it’s not personal but you made it personal.” After that, Faulkner wrapped things up and moved on.

Watch:

It never fails to amaze me how frequently Democrats and media types (but I repeat myself) get their boxers/knickers in a twist because Fox News dares to air all sides of an argument. I mean that is literally what news outlets, especially those that combine news programming with opinion/commentary programming (which is the case with most news organizations out there, CNN excluded of course because they aren’t a news org) are supposed to do.

The casual viewer might watch that back and forth and merely think that it’s odd that Goldstein would so strenuously object to Fox News’s coverage of the coronavirus vaccine. But to seasoned political junkies, it’s not shocking at all to see further confirmation of how multiple sides of a debate are anathema to the very same leftists who proclaim to be the champions of diversity of thought and tolerance for differing viewpoints.

In fact, this was actually the crux of the debate some 20 months ago when Fox News started being accused by their competitors and other haters on the left of “downplaying the coronavirus” when in reality it was other networks that were doing so in the months leading up to the outbreak here. Fox News, on the other hand, was merely reporting on what they knew at the time as well as airing multiple viewpoints on the coronavirus.

And as we all know by this point, if a news outlet dares to not swallow government proclamations whole after other outlets have, then we’re supposed to believe that lone outlet is doing something wrong, a “danger” to society for allowing the types of passionate debates that the Founders of our country envisioned.

As for the Fox News Christmas tree, there is already good news to report on it:

Nice. Maybe this one will be even bigger and brighter than the last one.
12-09-2021 01:48 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Christmas trees may well represent Western Culture related to Christmas (originating in pagan Winter Solstice related holidays) but it has nothing to do with Christianity, so Carlson is a bit off on this one.
12-09-2021 01:50 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

(12-09-2021 12:56 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

pretty sure that the Christmas tree is not a Christian symbol, but hey Tucker needs the mypillow ads.
12-09-2021 01:51 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-09-2021 01:51 PM)fsquid Wrote:  pretty sure that the Christmas tree is not a Christian symbol, but hey Tucker needs the mypillow ads.

I'm pretty sure that THAT one was.
12-09-2021 04:26 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

12-09-2021 06:53 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(12-09-2021 06:53 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Ooooof, I'll bet that punch to the stomach of that idiot hurt. Well done Gutfeld.
12-09-2021 09:26 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

(12-09-2021 06:53 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Good line

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-09-2021 09:27 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

12-11-2021 09:59 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

12-13-2021 03:33 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Good thing he didn’t burn a BLM flag

A Proud Boys Leader Who Burned A Black Lives Matter Flag Gets 5 Months In Jail

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/103043080...o-sentence
12-13-2021 04:09 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(12-09-2021 01:50 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Christmas trees may well represent Western Culture related to Christmas (originating in pagan Winter Solstice related holidays) but it has nothing to do with Christianity, so Carlson is a bit off on this one.

While this is true intent needs to be taken into consideration. Do you really think the perpetrators, who commit acts like setting a Christmas tree on fire, know they aren’t attacking Christianity?

What they are attacking is anything they see as the fundamental traditions of our Nation.

If a idiot can get a jail sentence for setting fire to a BLM flag, another idiot should get a jail sentence for setting a Christmas tree on fire.
12-14-2021 04:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.