ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FAU Game Thread
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Exclamation FAU Game Thread
Must win to keep bowl hopes alive. Tough game but certainly within reason to get a win.

Will have more later but had to get game thread up before some other clown started it:)
11-07-2021 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
RE: FAU Game Thread
(11-07-2021 11:39 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Must win to keep bowl hopes alive. Tough game but certainly within reason to get a win.

Will have more later but had to get game thread up before some other clown started it:)

03-lmfao
11-07-2021 11:42 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-07-2021 11:39 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Must win to keep bowl hopes alive. Tough game but certainly within reason to get a win.

I resemble that remark! Cheers! 04-cheers
11-07-2021 11:48 AM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

FAU Game Thread
Thank you for your service Giles.
11-07-2021 12:17 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

ODU / FAU COMMON OPPONENTS

Marshall 28 – FAU 13; ODU 13 – Marshall 20 (OT) Mack
UTEP 25 – FAU 28; ODU 21 – UTEP 28 Mack
FIU 21 – FAU 58; ODU 47 – FIU 24 Wolff

So:
1. We both lost to Marshall, but we held the Herd to 13 points at their house before going into overtime. Our offense with Mack at QB scored only one TD and two FGs.
2. FAU beat UTEP at home while we lost to the Miners at their house. We did score 21 points, but one of our three TDs came from a blocked punt. Our offense with Mack at QB scored only two TDs.
3. We put a beat down on FIU at their house. FAU put a beat down on the Panthers at home. Our offense with Wolff at QB put 40 points on the board.

The scores against our common opponents at first glance seem to indicate the Owls and the Monarchs are two fairly comparable, evenly matched teams. With Wolff at QB and the home field advantage, the Monarchs may even be the slight favorite to win this game. However, a quick perusal of the offensive and defensive team stats on the C-USA web site give me pause. I think the Monarchs will need to have outstanding execution and a mistake-free game in order to send the Owls home with a loss.

https://conferenceusa.com/documents/2021...t_Pack.pdf

Cheers, all! 04-cheers
11-07-2021 04:00 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

ODU stock up.
FAU stock down.

Remember at the end of the season, freshmen aren't freshmen.
11-07-2021 04:31 PM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Online

(11-07-2021 04:31 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  ODU stock up.
FAU stock down.

Remember at the end of the season, freshmen aren't freshmen.

Yes indeed 04-rock
11-07-2021 04:54 PM
VB Monarch Offline
All American

Is there QB a deep pass threat? Biggest area of concern to me plus can he run?
11-07-2021 05:11 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bleed Blue!

The honor is yours. No one would have dared start the thread. Keep us rolling Giles!
11-07-2021 05:12 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-07-2021 05:11 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  Is there QB a deep pass threat? Biggest area of concern to me plus can he run?

Yeah his passing game is good to great not so much of a rusher but can once in a while . We can't have those defensive break down's we had at FIU yesterday otherwise we will get abused. That guy can throw some deep balls and get into the hands of his receivers.
11-07-2021 05:24 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

They will be a 7 point or so fave but Im guessing sharps will bring it down under a TD.

They are more of a running team. Not a great passing team but not terrible. Kinda like us, decent run team, not great passing. I would say there pass offense is better than ours, its still our achilles heel.

The defenses are fairly similar. Ours is probablt a little better. Could be a barn burner.
11-07-2021 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

We need a respectable crowd for this game. The team deserves it and this is our bowl game (and from here on out for our players). How do we make it happen? More importantly, how does ODU make it happen? A ticket to this game adds a free ticket to the vcu Saturday bball game? Or just give the tixs away attached to some other promotion? ODU marketing, the ball is in your court. What say you?!?
11-07-2021 05:47 PM
ODUalum78 Online

The FAU offense is Taggart's own Gulf Coast Offense, a combination of the Power I and the spread. Basically it is an RPO with, in the case of FAU, an emphasis on the run.

The FAU QB, N'Kosi Perry, is a 60% passer who CAN throw the long ball, a concern as when we are in man coverage, we are susceptible to the opponent's WRs getting behind us. He can and will run.
Their primary RB is USF transfer Johnny Ford, who averages a whopping 7 ypc.
In the Gulf Coast Offense, he is also a regular receive target.

This is a very good offense that put up 704 yards against FIU.

The FAU 3-3-5 defense is ok, but we should be able to move on them, especially given our new-found passing game.

I am not optimistic about this game, but I am not conceding it either.
At home we have a chance.
11-07-2021 07:44 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

(11-07-2021 07:44 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  The FAU offense is Taggart's own Gulf Coast Offense, a combination of the Power I and the spread. Basically it is an RPO with, in the case of FAU, an emphasis on the run.

The FAU QB, N'Kosi Perry, is a 60% passer who CAN throw the long ball, a concern as when we are in man coverage, we are susceptible to the opponent's WRs getting behind us. He can and will run.

The FAU 3-3-5 defense is ok, but we should be able to move on them, especially given our new-found passing game.

I’m optimistic. Always optimistic when we have a home crowd. Are you planning to attend the game?
11-07-2021 07:59 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2021 07:44 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  The FAU offense is Taggart's own Gulf Coast Offense, a combination of the Power I and the spread. Basically it is an RPO with, in the case of FAU, an emphasis on the run.

Out passing offense was still bad vs FIU. 22/42 for only 6.7 ypa. That number would have been worse if it wasnt for some strange coverage where they let a slant go uncovered for 67 yards.
11-07-2021 08:33 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

(11-07-2021 08:33 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Out passing offense was still bad vs FIU. 22/42 for only 6.7 ypa. That number would have been worse if it wasnt for some strange coverage where they let a slant go uncovered for 67 yards.

*our. Hope the fans show up next week - and 78 that goes for you. Put some skin in the game.
11-07-2021 08:45 PM
Advertisement

ODUgrad81+82 Online
2nd String

Please don't shoot me for this note. I'm not a season ticket holder for several reasons. But I have thought about getting tickets to individual games a couple times. Something that turns me off a little, may be warranted or not, is the available tickets are towards the end of the stadium and higher up.

If so many seats are not sold in better seating areas all season, why are those better seats not offered for individual games? I fully understand those tickets may be more expensive than those currently offered, but I would be willing to pay more for that single game I want to attend.

Loving the 2 game win streak and hope it continues this Saturday. Go Monarchs.
11-07-2021 08:56 PM
TedHead Offline
1st String

(11-07-2021 08:56 PM)ODUgrad81+82 Wrote:  Please don't shoot me for this note. I'm not a season ticket holder for several reasons. But I have thought about getting tickets to individual games a couple times. Something that turns me off a little, may be warranted or not, is the available tickets are towards the end of the stadium and higher up.

If so many seats are not sold in better seating areas all season, why are those better seats not offered for individual games? I fully understand those tickets may be more expensive than those currently offered, but I would be willing to pay more for that single game I want to attend.

Loving the 2 game win streak and hope it continues this Saturday. Go Monarchs.

I promise, buy the tickets that are available, by the middle of the 1st quarter you will be able to sit where you want. Those expensive seats, 60% never get used.
11-07-2021 09:29 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

Our defense will be key here. We stopped a supposed stud RB from FIU, but were awful against the deep ball. If we correct that, we have a good chance. 3-6 does not do anything for a casual observer, but coming from 1-6, with a win on the road and a solid defensive and offensive line performance is really exciting to see.
11-07-2021 09:52 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

FAU is a 6.5pt favorite.
11-07-2021 10:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.