Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson in Sowing and Reaping After 'Defund the Police' Calls
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson in Sowing and Reaping After 'Defund the Police' Calls
Quote:We haven’t heard much from Rep. Ilhan Omar in a while. I’m sure she hasn’t been mute, but there’s a difference between words being spoken and words being newsworthy. Today, though, Omar came up with such a perfect mix of absurdity and shamelessness that it has to be reported.

The situation in Minneapolis continues to deteriorate in the aftermath of the 2020 George Floyd riots, with murder and auto theft rates rising dramatically. Instead of moving to quell the unrest and restore law and order last year, the city’s council president pledged to disband the police department. That’s led to a rash of officers quitting while others take a more hands-off approach out of fear of retribution if they make a mistake.

In what can only be described as incredibly ironic, Omar is now complaining about that reality while showing no remorse for her calls to “defund the police” that led her city to ruin.

There’s a German word for this, but I hesitate to use it because while Omar deserves scorn for her hypocrisy, there are real people being hurt and killed as a result of her selfish, misguided politics.

U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar told constituents Saturday at a town hall meeting that Minneapolis’ rise in gun violence and carjackings can be blamed on police who “have chosen to not fulfill their oath of office and provide the public safety they owe to the citizens.”…

…Omar, a Democrat, said she understood the desire for safety and reiterated her call to voters to approve a Minneapolis City Charter amendment that would remove minimum police staffing requirements and give the City Council authority over a more holistic public safety department.

“When you have a system that refuses to work for the people it’s supposed to serve, you have to go back to the drawing board,” she said. “At some point, you’ve got to walk away.”

This sure feels like Omar set the house on fire and is now blaming the firefighters for not being able to contain the blaze. Police, whatever flaws they may suffer from in certain instances, are not the issue when they are faced with an unworkable situation. You can not ask human beings to risk their lives for people who do not offer them basic support, and that includes the city council actively trying to destroy the department. Officers have families to go home to at the end of the day just like anyone else. They are not robots no matter how much Omar would like to treat them as such.

Still, you’d be forgiven for believing this was Omar’s plan all along. Now, she gets to cite the high crime rates she helped cause while blaming the police department she wants to defund. It’s all incredibly convenient and further’s her goal of “reimagining” the police. Of course, that won’t actually help the crime rates. In fact, it’ll almost certainly make them worse.

But Omar and her cohorts don’t actually live in the areas affected so it’s no problem for them. In fact, Omar and Minnesota AG Keith Ellison want to remove the police staffing requirements altogether. Apparently, social workers will take care of everything in the delusional utopia they envision.

Minnesotans can push back on this or suffer the consequences because there’s no world in which Omar actually admits she was wrong. Regardless, the concept of sowing and reaping doesn’t care about one’s political position. Only cold, hard reality matters in that case.

Link

The ultimate in “reaping what you sow” is if and when Omar really needs a cop.
10-25-2021 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson in Sowing and Reaping After 'Defund the Police' Calls
Wow…..
10-25-2021 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueDragon Online
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
RE: Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson in Sowing and Reaping After 'Defund the Police' Calls
(10-25-2021 02:54 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:We haven’t heard much from Rep. Ilhan Omar in a while. I’m sure she hasn’t been mute, but there’s a difference between words being spoken and words being newsworthy. Today, though, Omar came up with such a perfect mix of absurdity and shamelessness that it has to be reported.

The situation in Minneapolis continues to deteriorate in the aftermath of the 2020 George Floyd riots, with murder and auto theft rates rising dramatically. Instead of moving to quell the unrest and restore law and order last year, the city’s council president pledged to disband the police department. That’s led to a rash of officers quitting while others take a more hands-off approach out of fear of retribution if they make a mistake.

In what can only be described as incredibly ironic, Omar is now complaining about that reality while showing no remorse for her calls to “defund the police” that led her city to ruin.

There’s a German word for this, but I hesitate to use it because while Omar deserves scorn for her hypocrisy, there are real people being hurt and killed as a result of her selfish, misguided politics.

U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar told constituents Saturday at a town hall meeting that Minneapolis’ rise in gun violence and carjackings can be blamed on police who “have chosen to not fulfill their oath of office and provide the public safety they owe to the citizens.”…

…Omar, a Democrat, said she understood the desire for safety and reiterated her call to voters to approve a Minneapolis City Charter amendment that would remove minimum police staffing requirements and give the City Council authority over a more holistic public safety department.

“When you have a system that refuses to work for the people it’s supposed to serve, you have to go back to the drawing board,” she said. “At some point, you’ve got to walk away.”

This sure feels like Omar set the house on fire and is now blaming the firefighters for not being able to contain the blaze. Police, whatever flaws they may suffer from in certain instances, are not the issue when they are faced with an unworkable situation. You can not ask human beings to risk their lives for people who do not offer them basic support, and that includes the city council actively trying to destroy the department. Officers have families to go home to at the end of the day just like anyone else. They are not robots no matter how much Omar would like to treat them as such.

Still, you’d be forgiven for believing this was Omar’s plan all along. Now, she gets to cite the high crime rates she helped cause while blaming the police department she wants to defund. It’s all incredibly convenient and further’s her goal of “reimagining” the police. Of course, that won’t actually help the crime rates. In fact, it’ll almost certainly make them worse.

But Omar and her cohorts don’t actually live in the areas affected so it’s no problem for them. In fact, Omar and Minnesota AG Keith Ellison want to remove the police staffing requirements altogether. Apparently, social workers will take care of everything in the delusional utopia they envision.

Minnesotans can push back on this or suffer the consequences because there’s no world in which Omar actually admits she was wrong. Regardless, the concept of sowing and reaping doesn’t care about one’s political position. Only cold, hard reality matters in that case.

Link

The ultimate in “reaping what you sow” is if and when Omar really needs a cop.

Or continue to vote Democrat and watch your cities burn!!!
10-25-2021 10:11 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Do you think it’s possible that she is just that stupid? I mean, I know the average IQ of a Somolia national is only 68, but man, that’s a lot of stupid right there.
10-25-2021 10:26 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson in Sowing and Reaping After 'Defund the Police' Calls
Where is ole Alec Baldwin when you need him....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
10-25-2021 10:48 PM
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
If you are a cop in Minnesota, you deserve all the grief you are getting. If you arent a complete idiot, you would not be a cop in Minnesota.
10-25-2021 11:40 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
She knows her constituents aren’t very bright.
10-26-2021 06:57 AM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson
(10-25-2021 11:40 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  If you are a cop in MinnesotaHennepin/Ramsey Counties, you deserve all the grief you are getting. If you arent a complete idiot, you would not be a cop in MinnesotaHennepin/Ramsey.
Agree with edited version.
10-26-2021 08:17 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Sounds kinda like "We don't a need wall on the boarder, but we do need one around my house"....
10-26-2021 08:31 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
You gotta start putting her first name in the title. I keep thinking this is about the Wire.
10-26-2021 08:45 AM
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Omar Learns a Valuable Lesson in ...
(10-26-2021 08:45 AM)fsquid Wrote:  You gotta start putting her first name in the title. I keep thinking this is about the Wire.

10-26-2021 09:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.