Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News 'Right-Handed Privilege'
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
'Right-Handed Privilege'
Quote:OK lemme first say, Oh HELL, yeah. Time to rise up, left-handers!

As a life-long, put-upon left-hander who has been forced to endure life in a right-hand-dominated world — except for lefty Babe Ruth, of course, but he’s long gone — I’m all over this “right-handed privilege” injustice like Michael Moore pouncing on a sack of Quarter Pounders with Cheese.

It’s about damn time.

So, here’s the deal. An image showing a left-handed (I presume, although I’m not sure) activist giving a presentation on “right-handed privilege” at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has gone viral on social media, as reported by Fox News. And no, this is not a “slow news day,” right-handers.

If you’re a left-hander like yours truly, you know this is serious stuff.

The image showed up on Twitter on Tuesday and had been liked more than 13,600 times and retweeted over 2,500 times by Thursday morning, in addition to garnering more than 87,000 likes on Instagram.

Let’s check it out, with left-handed [pun?] commentary, of course:

RIGHT-HANDED PRIVILEGE

It’s easier; makes life easier (without question)
Sense of belonging; to fit in (snobs that they are)
The world is organized for right-handers (more than “you people” know)
More access (yup)
More opportunity (ya think?)
More advantage (again, oh hell yeah)

See what I mean?!

As Fox reported, several students told Newsweek that the presentation really did take place and was based on the idea (stark reality) that right-handed people possess an inherent privilege and benefit over left-handed people, and was part of a mandatory program conducted by the university’s Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life. The presentation on October 18 was given by Christina Parlee, an activist and “instructional designer.”

Referencing other materials, Parlee said in the presentation, in part:

“We shake with our right hands. We pledge with our right hand. We salute with our right hand. We take legal and governmental oaths with our right hand. School desks are set up for right-handed people.”

And the disadvantages?

“Even though being left-handed has some positive aspects, most left-handed people have negative experiences associated with their dominant hand. We have heard stories of people having their hands painfully tied behind their back so they could learn to use their right hand.”

Every left-hander reading my soapbox spiel knows exactly what I’m talking about. The world is designed for right-handed people. Hell, we lefties make up just ten percent of the world’s population, as noted by Insider and as a result, we are forced to endure “little daily struggles” that you righties take for granted.

Among them:

SLR cameras, which thankfully we are no longer forced to use for quality images, given the ever-improving cameras on iPhones and inferior (wink-wink) competitors. Scissors. Writing in spiral notebooks and 3-ring binders. Old-school can openers only work well in the right hand. Guitars (although Paul McCartney famously played a left-handed bass). Bows (and arrows). The list goes on. Sometimes we lefties don’t realize it, until we come across yet another “whatever,” purposely designed for the right-handed world.

As a terribly left-handed victim person — I can’t even kick a ball with my right foot — one thing I do like better is a manual transmission, which I had on every one of my cars until I was bitten by the German bug (see: “The Ultimate Driving Machine”) some years ago. It always felt good to control the steering wheel with my dominant left hand, leaving my pretty much worthless right hand to the shifter.

Even worse?

Check out this background, compliments of Mass Mutual:

For thousands of years, southpaws were vilified as “unholy,” linked to various learning disabilities, and implicated in a range of behavioral and mental health conditions.

Lefties are still referred to as “sinistral” in the scientific community, a term derived from the Latin word “sinister,” meaning “of the left.”

As recently as the 1960s, in fact, children who displayed tendencies towards left-handedness in the American public school system were “corrected” and forced to write and eat with their right hand.

See? Shame. It gets worse.

Chris McManus, a professor of psychology and medical education at University College London and author of “Right Hand, Left Hand,” offered up the following little tidbit, according to Mass Mutual:

“Once upon a time left-handedness or left hand usage was associated with being a witch, and that certainly ended badly.”

Oh, the (left-handed) humanity!

By the way, right-handers, make sure you give us lefties a (hopefully, left) hand, next August 23 and every August 23 thereafter. Or simply find a lefty, buy him or her a cup of coffee, and say “Happy International Left-Handers Day!” With a smile, of course. You’re welcome.

Link

Will leftists, and I mean mentally ill liberals and not left handers, ever run out of stuff to whine about? or will they die if they do?
10-24-2021 06:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: 'Right-Handed Privilege'
I guess it would be a disadvantage to be of the devil. There's a reason the Latin word left, sinister, also means unlucky, evil, and suspicious and the French word for left, gauche, also means clumsy.

Until you people can start to act like normal people, I agree with tying your left hand behind your back, or smacking you with a stick when you use your satanic little fingers on things the rest of of have to touch. Buncha freaks smh...
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 01:01 AM by Todor.)
10-24-2021 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.” - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
10-24-2021 08:49 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I was delighted when we realized our son was left handed. My first thought was I'm going to raise a left handed pitcher who can switch hit! He's going to make (me) millions. And he turned into a pretty decent left handed pitcher and switch hitter. But he decided being a cheerleader was a better way to get a college scholarship for him. And he was right. If memory serves he was on the Craigmont squad that won a NC but I may be misremembering.
10-25-2021 06:08 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Apparently in the new world - if you are not a victim for real, it is easy enough to make up a reason to be one.
10-25-2021 06:30 AM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
I hate how right handed privilege kept these people from becoming a recent President: Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama.
10-25-2021 06:57 AM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
The struggle for us lefties is real. Kept my poor mother busy getting ink stains out of my sleeves growing up.

If you don't get the joke, we left handers either have to will our hands to hover over the paper or we drag our hand across what we just wrote. That's why I'd wager 99% of left handed people have horrendous hand writing.
10-25-2021 09:26 AM
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
I'm right-handed but left-footed. What disability do I qualify for, and can I consider my left-handed daughter to be a victim? Should I teach her to go around screaming at people demanding they "check their privilege?"
10-25-2021 11:05 AM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(10-25-2021 11:05 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  I'm right-handed but left-footed. What disability do I qualify for, and can I consider my left-handed daughter to be a victim? Should I teach her to go around screaming at people demanding they "check their privilege?"

You have to teach her micro-aggressions against our right handed overlords. For example if the credit card pin pad has the cable attachment on the right side you leave it dangling when you are done and call the cashier an oppressor
10-25-2021 11:17 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
I counter that Lefties have done aw right....
[Image: glavine_hof_gif_v2_tud0p3xg.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mczhz0wupx1rge74zo1_500.gif]
[Image: sandy_koufax3.gif?w=400&h=180]
10-25-2021 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.