Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pleasant Debate
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Pleasant Debate
Which was the better TD throw-and-catch?

* Finn to Bryce Mitchell

OR

* Finn to Danzel McKinley-Lewis

Phone lines are open . . .
10-24-2021 08:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Pleasant Debate
(10-24-2021 08:05 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Which was the better TD throw-and-catch?

* Finn to Bryce Mitchell

OR

* Finn to Danzel McKinley-Lewis

Phone lines are open . . .

Finn to Bryzel Mitchinley-Lewis.
10-24-2021 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Bryce is done for the year on the photo the Blade posted of his kick off hurdle... Damnit.
10-24-2021 01:41 PM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Man that's a tough one..... I'm gonna go with Finn to Mitchell only because he caught the ball with one hand. I am happy to see McKinley-Lewis on the field again though.

GO ROCKETS!!

BEAT EASTERN!!
10-24-2021 02:24 PM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

(10-24-2021 01:41 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Bryce is done for the year on the photo the Blade posted of his kick off hurdle... Damnit.

Yep , that sure was not pretty, too bad. Well next man up as they say.
10-24-2021 02:35 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Dan Miller's photographs captured the entanglement of arms of the Broncos DB and McKinley-Lewis throughout the processes of making the catch while wrestling the ball away and securing it in the end zone. This play, IMO, ranks with Bruce Almighty's "third and 33" pass to Andrew Clarke for a 60-yard TD against NIU. #Fourthandfourteen
10-25-2021 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Finn to Bryce Mitchell

It was just so... without fanfare. I knew something different happened but it didn't quite dawn on me.
10-25-2021 08:50 AM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2021 08:50 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Finn to Bryce Mitchell

It was just so... without fanfare. I knew something different happened but it didn't quite dawn on me.

Bryce made the one-handed catch with his right arm pinned (walled off) by the WMU defensive back. Mitchell ran through the end zone like it was all routine. No fanfare indeed.

Both passes were spot on by Finn.
10-25-2021 09:02 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Passing game is not good 8 for 24 attempts 2 TDs. Those kind of numbers put your passing in the bottom of FBS. The powers that be need to tailor more of play calling to Finn's talent and the Rockets are certainly under utilizing the TE's at this point. Better play calling
better numbers for Finn and more trips to the end zone.
04-cheers
10-25-2021 09:57 AM
SylRocketFan Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-25-2021 09:57 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Passing game is not good 8 for 24 attempts 2 TDs. Those kind of numbers put your passing in the bottom of FBS. The powers that be need to tailor more of play calling to Finn's talent and the Rockets are certainly under utilizing the TE's at this point. Better play calling
04-cheers

I would need to look it up (and I am not sure exactly where/if it is recorded) but I believe the TE's have had some serious issues with drops. Turner has also been lost in blocking, granted, that has been most of our interior blocking this year. Long story short, I don't believe the TE's have really played themselves into a position where they deserve more use. Perhaps use in the short passing game would be a good experiment but I don't anticipate Candle is creative enough to retool at this point.
10-25-2021 10:46 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2021 09:57 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Passing game is not good 8 for 24 attempts 2 TDs. Those kind of numbers put your passing in the bottom of FBS. The powers that be need to tailor more of play calling to Finn's talent and the Rockets are certainly under utilizing the TE's at this point. Better play calling
04-cheers

No INTs. I'm sure there were misses but maybe also some intent.

I think Finn did the right thing. Protected the ball until he and the receivers show in practice they are in sync.
10-25-2021 11:07 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
So many out routes dropped. Winstead had 2 or 3.
10-25-2021 02:55 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2021 02:55 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  So many out routes dropped. Winstead had 2 or 3.

could be timing issues. Different fell on the pass. Those will work out. At this point, it seems the easiest passes to catch are the ones that can't be seen.
10-25-2021 03:01 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(10-25-2021 08:47 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Dan Miller's photographs captured the entanglement of arms of the Broncos DB and McKinley-Lewis throughout the processes of making the catch while wrestling the ball away and securing it in the end zone. This play, IMO, ranks with Bruce Almighty's "third and 33" pass to Andrew Clarke for a 60-yard TD against NIU. #Fourthandfourteen

If I’m remembering that correctly. He was open dead in the middle for that reception. It’s a real shame what happened to him. He had a great future ahead of him. My opinion he was the best TE I’ve seen at Toledo in over 20 years.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 09:43 PM by Babes boy.)
10-25-2021 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.