Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
McMurphy says CSU and AFA to AAC next week
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
McMurphy says CSU and AFA to AAC next week
https://bboc.sounder.fm/episode/sourceswk52021

In this podcast, he made that statement.
09-28-2021 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: McMurphy says CSU and AFA to AAC next week
Starts at the 12 minute mark and ends 4 secs later.
09-28-2021 11:21 AM
KnightLife Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF
That would be a solid pick up for you guys, hopefully Aresco can convince Army to come along and pick between USTA/UAB for the final spot.
09-28-2021 11:22 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
wow this might really be happening.. aresco really pulled this off

curious how the rest plays off
09-28-2021 11:25 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
(09-28-2021 11:21 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Starts at the 12 minute mark and ends 4 secs later.

Yeah it was a quick statement, but he said it confidently.
09-28-2021 11:29 AM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
Quick mention by McMurphy, but he seemed clear. I still can't understand why CSU and Air Force would make that leap, but it would be huge for the AAC. A second service academy and a state school with significant upside in a growing state.
09-28-2021 11:30 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-28-2021 11:22 AM)KnightLife Wrote:  That would be a solid pick up for you guys, hopefully Aresco can convince Army to come along and pick between USTA/UAB for the final spot.

What is with the Army stuff, Army has no desire to be in any conference, nor should it. If not Boise, Boise must feel pretty solid about B12,

Col St, and AF would be great adds, I think UAB is an ok add, though as bad as things were just a few years ago......I am not as all in on them as others seem to be.
09-28-2021 11:30 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-28-2021 11:30 AM)geef Wrote:  Quick mention by McMurphy, but he seemed clear. I still can't understand why CSU and Air Force would make that leap, but it would be huge for the AAC. A second service academy and a state school with significant upside in a growing state.
If AAC can hold TV deal or even take a $1mil drop I can give you 2 to 3 mil per year reason. Add to that increased visibility, it makes total sense for them. They will be in what will become the clear #6 conference the the country. Assuming Boise is indeed going to end up in B12, or AAC.
09-28-2021 11:35 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
(09-28-2021 11:35 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(09-28-2021 11:30 AM)geef Wrote:  Quick mention by McMurphy, but he seemed clear. I still can't understand why CSU and Air Force would make that leap, but it would be huge for the AAC. A second service academy and a state school with significant upside in a growing state.
If AAC can hold TV deal or even take a $1mil drop I can give you 2 to 3 mil per year reason. Add to that increased visibility, it makes total sense for them. They will be in what will become the clear #6 conference the the country. Assuming Boise is indeed going to end up in B12, or AAC.

If CSU and AFA are announced next week...

2 of Fresno State, Nevada, Utah State will be next...

Once 4 from the MW move, SDSU + one of Fresno State, Nevada, Utah State or BS-U will follow, all within the next 3 weeks.
09-28-2021 11:48 AM
KnightLife Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-28-2021 11:30 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(09-28-2021 11:22 AM)KnightLife Wrote:  That would be a solid pick up for you guys, hopefully Aresco can convince Army to come along and pick between USTA/UAB for the final spot.

What is with the Army stuff, Army has no desire to be in any conference, nor should it. If not Boise, Boise must feel pretty solid about B12,

Col St, and AF would be great adds, I think UAB is an ok add, though as bad as things were just a few years ago......I am not as all in on them as others seem to be.

I don't think Army wants to go to any conference either but if Aresco call pull it off, give the man his flowers for puting a nice Band-Aid on the situation with three service academies in the conference.

In general especially by peers they respect service academies so it will be a win for the AAC
09-28-2021 11:49 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(09-28-2021 11:21 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Starts at the 12 minute mark and ends 4 secs later.

Yep, matter of factly like it's all but a done deal. I would think a UAB fan would want the AAC to add those 2 plus UAB and someone else since that's certainly going to be the best situation financially for UAB, but I dunno you weirdly want UAB to join the AAC and it to end up worse off at the same time which makes no sense.
09-28-2021 11:49 AM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Things were bad for UCF a few years ago and not many were all in on the Knights but that didn't stop y'all from reaching great heights and getting to the Big XII.
09-28-2021 11:50 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Air Force is doing it for recruiting students not athletes. CSU was required to get Air Force.
09-28-2021 11:50 AM
ElectricCoogaloo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Makes sense. But I'd keep going and get to 12.

UTSA and UAB. Stay in the big markets.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021 12:04 PM by ElectricCoogaloo.)
09-28-2021 11:51 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
This is where it will get interesting. Its been suggested more and more that this may also be a two part process. We are gonna add CSU and Air Force next week and then we may stop.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us take a pause and see if anything shakes out. Once those two leave, then the MWC has to decide if it will stay at 10 or expand. With names like NDSU being added, it lets me know that they have very few options. If their TV deal does go way down, and ours looks to be staying relatively close, it may make more members of the MWC interested in making a move.

We dont need to rush and add UTSA or others right now. Aresco is making the power move and then lets see who else wants to come.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sea Pirate Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU

If Boise and Army don’t come. Who do you see as the 2 more? UAB and who? Or would the AAC stay at 10?

And do CSU and AFA bring all sports or just football?
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(09-28-2021 11:49 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Yep, matter of factly like it's all but a done deal. I would think a UAB fan would want the AAC to add those 2 plus UAB and someone else since that's certainly going to be the best situation financially for UAB, but I dunno you weirdly want UAB to join the AAC and it to end up worse off at the same time which makes no sense.

I'm not the typical UAB fan (obviously) and you would be weirdly incorrect about what I want because as you stated it makes no sense.

P.S. I respect you as a poster but I've explained my stance on UAB and the AAC in regard to what I prefer. What I prefer will not come to fruition but I absolutely support UAB being in a diminished AAC than an absolutely horribly ran CUSA.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021 11:57 AM by HiddenDragon.)
09-28-2021 11:53 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps

Army is the other slam dunk. If we add Boise or Army, the chances the TV deal go down is almost eliminated. We have to make that call, but I wouldnt doubt that Aresco is waiting to move on them until Air Force is signed, sealed and delivered.

Hes securing the big moves that nobody thought he could make, and then will go after Army and take a second run at the MWC teams.

On a side note, this is devastating to several fanbases. FAU and Marshal had a legit shot but with CSU and AF coming, those opportunities seemed to have dried up.
09-28-2021 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seurat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(09-28-2021 11:25 AM)pesik Wrote:  wow this might really be happening.. aresco really pulled this off

curious how the rest plays off
Temple & the entire AAC will love playing CSU and lol...especially AFA in basketball instead of UH and Cin. Will love it in football too instead of the 3 that are leaving.
The conf gets much weaker after this. Not too hard to pull that kind of feat off.

Aresco blew it.
09-28-2021 12:06 PM
KnightLife Offline
Bench Warmer

@roccomiller8: #AAC expected to announce Colorado State and Air Force as future league members by as early as next week.

#CSURams
#AirForce
09-28-2021 12:08 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.