Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Rallying Georgia Tomorrow
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021 06:43 PM by green.)
09-24-2021 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Trump Rallying Georgia Tomorrow
09-25-2021 11:39 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
09-25-2021 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

Trump Call up to the stage one of the Marines that lifted kids over the wall in Kabul.

09-26-2021 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://www.ajc.com/politics/live-update...7SU5XZBH4/

We really need to get Trump out of the way. Trump bashing the local GOP helped get two democrats elected here as conservatives stayed home.

"...Trump has remained fixated on Georgia and Gov. Brian Kemp since Kemp refused to intervene in the state’s election results, which President Joe Biden won by about 11,000 votes.

The rally was as much anti-Kemp as it was pro-Trump. At one point, Trump said Stacey Abrams would be a better governor than Kemp...."

Of course the AJC is liberal and would take this theme, but Trump did continue to bash Kemp.
09-26-2021 03:31 PM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Well someone needs to call out the thumb-up-their-a$$ republicans that just keep letting democrats get away with this crap.
09-26-2021 03:42 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-26-2021 03:42 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Well someone needs to call out the thumb-up-their-a$$ republicans that just keep letting democrats get away with this crap.

Sure. Okay. But looking to Donald Trump to give lessons to Republicans on political purity is like asking Kamala Harris to give a lecture to an all-girls Catholic School on the importance of abstinence.
09-26-2021 04:04 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-26-2021 04:04 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 03:42 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Well someone needs to call out the thumb-up-their-a$$ republicans that just keep letting democrats get away with this crap.

Sure. Okay. But looking to Donald Trump to give lessons to Republicans on political purity is like asking Kamala Harris to give a lecture to an all-girls Catholic School on the importance of abstinence.

https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1441889078182436864

HOWLING AT THE MOON
09-26-2021 05:06 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Where did he touch you? 02-13-banana

What did he do during his time in office, speeches and twitter aside, with which you disagreed?
09-26-2021 05:34 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

(09-26-2021 05:34 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

What did he do during his time in office, speeches and twitter aside, with which you disagreed?

We’ve been over this. Many times.

Throwing away a winnable election, for no reason other than that his fragile ego needed constant vindication, should be more than enough.

Our country is presently circling the toilet. Why? Progressive hatred of American values is reason number one. A dishonest media is reason number two. But Donald Trump’s reckless idiocy comes in a clear third, at least in my mind. I guess, like he warned us in 2016, he just got bored and tired of winning and decided that he had to make it exciting. And now all we hear is how he was cheated. Poor, little Donald.

What frustrates me most is the seemingly pathological need of his supporters to insist that we all follow this proven loser. No other leader who botched up an election like he did would ever get such a pass. It would be akin to the Democrats in 2020 accepting all of Hillary’s pathetic excuses from losing in 2016 and insisting that she (and only she) is qualified to lead the party.

When people say that Republicans are stupid, they are clearly right. But I don’t understand why Trump supporters seem to think that this assessment doesn’t apply to them as well.
09-26-2021 06:02 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(09-26-2021 06:02 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 05:34 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

We’ve been over this. Many times.

Throwing away a winnable election, for no reason other than that his fragile ego needed constant vindication, should be more than enough.

Our country is presently circling the toilet. Why? Progressive hatred of American values is reason number one. A dishonest media is reason number two. But Donald Trump’s reckless idiocy comes in a clear third, at least in my mind. I guess, like he warned us in 2016, he just got bored and tired of winning and decided that he had to make it exciting. And now all we hear is how he was cheated. Poor, little Donald.

What frustrates me most is the seemingly pathological need of his supporters to insist that we all follow this proven loser. No other leader who botched up an election like he did would ever get such a pass. It would be akin to the Democrats in 2020 accepting all of Hillary’s pathetic excuses from losing in 2016 and insisting that she (and only she) is qualified to lead the party.

When people say that Republicans are stupid, they are clearly right. But I don’t understand why Trump supporters seem to think that this assessment doesn’t apply to them as well.

Trump doesn't seem to understand who the enemy is. He's not just firing at the Flakes and McCains, but going after people like Kemp who is a fine conservative Republican and has been a good governor. He just didn't do what Trump wanted a couple of times.
09-26-2021 06:25 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Not political purity... he's giving them lessons on how to fight. All they know how to do is roll over and be complicit.

I left the Republican Party a long time before Trump came on the scene. He expressed what I was feeling.

Let me ask this -- if Trump was out of the way, who would be filling up rallies all over the country instead?
09-26-2021 06:40 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

(09-26-2021 06:40 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Not political purity... he's giving them lessons on how to fight. All they know how to do is roll over and be complicit.

I left the Republican Party a long time before Trump came on the scene. He expressed what I was feeling.

Let me ask this -- if Trump was out of the way, who would be filling up rallies all over the country instead?

I don’t know. I won’t pretend to have a crystal ball. Maybe no one, which would be tragic.

Or maybe, just maybe, if Donald Trump would get his oversized ego out of the way, it would clear the field for someone better: Ron DeSantis, Rand Paul, Tom Cotton, etc., etc.

The only known in this equation is that Donald Trump is hogging the spotlight. Some are okay with that. I am not.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021 06:51 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
09-26-2021 06:50 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
We are still 3 years out from the 2024 election debates.

A LOT can happen in that time. I personally feel that Trump will NOT be running for election in 2024 for reasons of general health. I think he very well COULD get the call or advice from his doctor to NOT run. He will be 78; the same age Biden was when he ran.

Now, even if Trump doesn't run in 2024, he WILL have a huge say in who the candidate will be. All will seek his endorsement. Whoever gets Trump's endorsement will be the Republican Presidential nominee.
09-26-2021 07:05 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Id take Trump over who we have now....

But I think there are options that set up defeating leftists for the next decade.

Not saying id vote for them but id prefer the over the commie ***** we have now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
09-26-2021 07:17 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons

As long as he's the only one with the spine to stand up to both the RINOs and the Commies, he'll be the choice. The RINOs are the problem, and decent folks who are conservative know it. The state leadership in GA is a terrible mess, and cooperating to allow Dems to wholesale cheat and steal the elections while getting paid off by F-book and others is disgraceful, anbd the state leaders who did it know it and don't care about the citizens.
09-26-2021 09:38 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(09-26-2021 09:38 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  

As long as he's the only one with the spine to stand up to both the RINOs and the Commies, he'll be the choice. The RINOs are the problem, and decent folks who are conservative know it. The state leadership in GA is a terrible mess, and cooperating to allow Dems to wholesale cheat and steal the elections while getting paid off by F-book and others is disgraceful, anbd the state leaders who did it know it and don't care about the citizens.

The governor can't do anything about the Secretary of State. Its a divided set of authorities.
09-26-2021 09:49 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

Well this was unexpected, at least by me. Kurt Schlicter has a sharp political mind and is a brilliant writer. I have always read his offerings, but more often than not dismissed them as the roar of an impractical balls-to-the-wall conservative. But every now and then he nails it.

Here’s his latest on President Trump’s prospects and challenges in running for president in 2024:

Quote:Trump did some amazing things in spite of the pinko headwinds, deep state conspiracies, and his own unforced errors. But 2024 is nine long years from his original escalator descent. Beyond whether he will run, should he run?

That’s not unanimous. The fact is that there are many prominent conservatives who deeply respect and appreciate what Trump managed to pull off against the odds yet who have grave doubts about whether he should be our candidate in 2024. This is not disloyalty – we owe no politician loyalty, including Trump. Gratitude for the abuse he took, certainly, but the loyalty must flow from politician to us, not vice versa. If Trump is not the very best candidate to both win and govern in 2024, then we must thank him and hand him a gold watch. And if he is the best, we must back him to the hilt.

Read the full article: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschl...g-n2596497

Mr. Schlicter offers a surprisingly (or, at least, I was surprised) candid take on what is expected from Donald Trump if he chooses to run again. I personally don’t think that the Donald has it in him to meet ANY of the thresholds mentioned in the article. But I will try to keep an open mind.
09-27-2021 05:20 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
My best case is that Trump does not run, but that he has inspired republicans to grow a pair and stop being the milquetoast go-along crowd. At this point I don't hold out a lot of optimism for either.

The only two issues where republicans seem able to muster any passion are abortion and gay rights--the two issues where I don't agree with them.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021 09:17 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
09-27-2021 09:12 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(09-26-2021 06:50 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 06:40 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

I don’t know. I won’t pretend to have a crystal ball. Maybe no one, which would be tragic.

Or maybe, just maybe, if Donald Trump would get his oversized ego out of the way, it would clear the field for someone better: Ron DeSantis, Rand Paul, Tom Cotton, etc., etc.

The only known in this equation is that Donald Trump is hogging the spotlight. Some are okay with that. I am not.

I think at this point in time DeSantis is the guy. I voted for Cruz in the TN primary, but I think I'd vote for DeSantis over Cruz just because I like DeSantis' in-your-face approach a bit more than Cruz's.

For me, as long as I'm OK with their policy I'm looking for the personality that won't take crap, won't back down, and will aggressively attack the radical left.

Right now, Trump checks those boxes.

I'm glad that he has the power to disrupt the GOP since it is currently controlled by RINOs who are working in the interest of leftists instead of their base.

I blame the GOP leadership over the past few decades.
  • Why did the TEA Party rise up?
  • Before that, why did Gingrich and the GOP feel like they had to issue the Contract with America?
  • Better question, after they won majorities, why did they abandon the contract and thus abandon their base and independents & democrats who voted in support of the contract?
  • Why have they nominated RINOs in the past several presidential elections?

I was disgusted when my choice against Obama was Romney.

I get that Romney was considered a "nice guy". But here are the policy choices I had in that race:

Government Controlled Healthcare
Obama supported it
Romney opposed it, but signed it into law as governor of MA

Gay Marriage
Obama supported it
Romney opposed it, but signed it into law as governor of MA

Abortion
Obama supported it
Romney opposed it, but signed it into law as governor of MA*

* Allowed minors to get abortions without parental consent.

I don't care how nice Romney appeared. He supported leftist policies, not by his words but by his actions.

And that's what the GOP has been doing for decades. Lying to my face telling me what I want to hear and then spitting in my face after being elected.

Oh, yeah... during the 2016 race Republicans promised to repeal ObamaCare. I think they assumed HilLIARy was going to win so there would be no way they would have to follow through on that promise. However, once Trump won and they had the majority they said they couldn't repeal it.

Disgusting. The GOP is a dumpster fire of liars and hypocrites. The RINO establishment sickens me and I will NEVER vote for a RINO candidate -- at ANY level be it federal, state or local.

And I know the Shelby County GOP has been overrun with RINOs as well. Back in the days of the TEA Party, there was a concerted effort by liberty-minded people to get involved in leadership. They were turned back. As their numbers grew they were able to win some leadership positions. My mother was one. She used Roberts Rules of Order to her advantage to force discussion on items that would have passed through otherwise. They learned a lot about the corruption behind the scenes even at the local level. Which really isn't surprising given that organizations usually adopt the personality of their parent organization.
09-27-2021 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.