Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could 2021 Be Toledo's 2004?
Bookmark and Share
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Could 2021 Be Toledo's 2004?
Perhaps, just perhaps, there is still reason for some hope this 2021 season. Let's go back in time to 2004. The Gradkowski led Rockets lost at Minnesota 63-21. That was followed by a losing to Kansas 63-14. I'm pretty sure most of us would have been hard pressed, after those two games, to predict Toledo winning the MAC that season. Let alone winning the championship with a quarterback, who had a broken hand.

Now I am going to stick with my theory that most of the issues relate to the offensive line. But, I don't think we can count his team out, until the final nail is in the coffin. Maybe, just maybe, part of last weekend's letdown was due to giving everything they had emotionally and physically in South Bend. Maybe, just maybe, the offensive line play can improve and the penalties decrease. Toledo already has the best defense in the conference. This is the best defense I have have ever seen Toledo field, and I've been here since 1992. If this offense can improve just enough, perhaps the defense can put Toledo over the top. Maybe the defense can be this year's Bruce. Ball State is last year's champ, but Ball State has not played well yet either. Perhaps, Ball State can be the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start a championship march.
09-23-2021 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

RE: Could 2021 Be Toledo's 2004?
I hope you are right falcon plucker.

I won't be at BSU, but, I'll be there in spirit.

GO ROCKETS!!
09-24-2021 07:59 AM
Nick in Cleveland Offline
1st String

RE: Could 2021 Be Toledo's 2004?
I have no confidence in this coach, Toledo lays another egg and loses 37-16. Finish the season 6-6.

Watched Appy St last night with their power running game and smart coaching, that’s the team I want.

Need a new coach, no more Mt Union guys, want power and discipline brought back
09-24-2021 08:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.