Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jason Candle fortunes
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Jason Candle fortunes
The man certainly can recruit and bring in top flight talent to Toledo. But the jury is out, what has he done with this talent lately, which is perennially the number 1 or 2 recruiting class in the MAC year in and year out. One thing he could do is to give up anything in running the offense. Give that job to a full-time coordinator. In losing to a weak CSU team, the Rocket squad has bottomed out for now, never mind the excellent showing against the Irish (although I think UC will exposed the Notre dame weakness when they play later on).

Unless UT turns around against a so so Ball State football team at their place, I think the Rockets could be in a world of hurt the rest of the season. Leaving Muncie with a 1-3 record, 0-1 inside the MAC, can only get worst as the season progresses. I hope I am truly wrong. I don't believe Candle has the fortitude to bring another title to the Glass city.
09-23-2021 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Jason Candle fortunes
My biggest gripe is the PENALTIES! You can correct that issue but not if you are willing to look the other way because they are "playing hard and aggressive. Hold the players accountable and get the message that you will sit if you can't play smart.
09-24-2021 09:20 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-24-2021 09:20 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  My biggest gripe is the PENALTIES! You can correct that issue but not if you are willing to look the other way because they are "playing hard and aggressive. Hold the players accountable and get the message that you will sit if you can't play smart.

Lining up offside has nothing to do with hard and aggressive play.
09-24-2021 09:22 AM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(09-24-2021 09:20 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  My biggest gripe is the PENALTIES! You can correct that issue but not if you are willing to look the other way because they are "playing hard and aggressive. Hold the players accountable and get the message that you will sit if you can't play smart.
While I don't like the penalties either and I am sure Candle does not either "Playing hard and aggressive" was the Amstutz excuse not Candles.
09-24-2021 11:19 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

(09-24-2021 11:19 AM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
While I don't like the penalties either and I am sure Candle does not either "Playing hard and aggressive" was the Amstutz excuse not Candles.
The "hard and aggressive" came from his explanation for penalties at ND by JC at downtown coaches. 03-banghead
09-24-2021 01:19 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Our penalties are mostly unforced. They're discipline issues, not "hard and aggressive" issues.
09-24-2021 04:04 PM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

I think if we play well at Muncie and come home with a win. I will feel much better about our chances. On the other hand, we seem to find a way to mess things up.
09-24-2021 07:24 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Went through a bunch of years' stats. The best UT ranking for yards penalized/game I could find was #54
2015 was #111 and 2017= #114. Last season was #120.
Currently #129.
09-24-2021 08:32 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(09-24-2021 07:24 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  I think if we play well at Muncie and come home with a win. I will feel much better about our chances. On the other hand, we seem to find a way to mess things up.

If we win at Muncie, I’ll be at the UMASS game
09-24-2021 09:55 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(09-24-2021 09:55 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 07:24 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  I think if we play well at Muncie and come home with a win. I will feel much better about our chances. On the other hand, we seem to find a way to mess things up.

If we win at Muncie, I’ll be at the UMASS game

Was planning on going to Muncie but a few things popped up. Haven’t missed a game there in six years. Not sure I could travel to Umass either
09-25-2021 01:43 AM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Time management was excellent in the Ball State game. Nice job coaches.
09-28-2021 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Nick from Ohio Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Little Guys
According to ESPN, the only team with more penalties than Toledo (41 for 389 yards) is Arizona State (43 for 409)

Has anyone done a breakdown of these stats?

How many false starts / holding / off-sides / unsportsmanlike /etc. Would love to see that break down.
09-28-2021 09:24 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(09-28-2021 09:24 AM)Nick from Ohio Wrote:  According to ESPN, the only team with more penalties than Toledo (41 for 389 yards) is Arizona State (43 for 409)

How many false starts / holding / off-sides / unsportsmanlike /etc. Would love to see that break down.

That’s just crazy what’s happening. How can the coaches let this continue. I too am interested in the breakdown. Especially on who’s doing what.
09-28-2021 10:32 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Hows come whenever there's a flag i go, "what did we do now?" and im always screaming at holds and illegal man down field for other teams which never get called... do we not sell penalties enough? I know we dont seem disciplined but the split never makes sense to me. Ball State had at least 3 holdings on edge rushes and one on a pass over the middle to #11 that seemed obvious to my untrained eye. Rosi's hold to start the game was obvious, and things like taunting i see with my eyes.

The holding penalty to #12 on the punt return was not visible to me. Thankfully it wasnt unsportsmanlike after the fact also. But that was an instance where the Rocket fans around me said. If you make a penalty on special teams.. you cant play! Thats it. Next man up... and I agree.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021 11:45 AM by UofToledoFans.)
09-28-2021 11:44 AM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

Gotta hold people accountable...I don't see any consequences when it's typically the same guys responsible for the false starts, etc.
09-28-2021 12:22 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

01-ncaabbs
09-28-2021 01:16 PM
Advertisement

PaulJ Offline
1st String

(09-28-2021 12:22 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  Gotta hold people accountable...I don't see any consequences when it's typically the same guys responsible for the false starts, etc.

04-bow
09-28-2021 01:17 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

IIRC, Toledo has six first half penalties. They had seven for the game as did BSU.
09-28-2021 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(09-28-2021 10:32 AM)Babes boy Wrote:  
(09-28-2021 09:24 AM)Nick from Ohio Wrote:  According to ESPN, the only team with more penalties than Toledo (41 for 389 yards) is Arizona State (43 for 409)

That’s just crazy what’s happening. How can the coaches let this continue. I too am interested in the breakdown. Especially on who’s doing what.

OK, I can take that challenge. Caveat as always that there may be errors because the box scores always seem to have errors/omissions. But, it really looks like UT has been an equal opportunity fouler, as you will see below:

Games: 4
Total flags: 47
Accepted: 41
Declined: 4
Offsetting: 2

Offensive: 21
Defensive: 18
Special Teams: 8

21 different players have committed fouls, with 4 the most by any player.
8 penalties were team penalties, or unknown player.

17 different types of penalties, so UT hits them all pretty much:
Chop Block 1
Delay of Game 2
Encroachment 1
Face Mask 2
False Start 10
Holding 5
Illegal Block 1
Illegal Formation 1
Illegal Substitution 3
Illegal Wedge 1
Kick Interference 1
Offside 4
Pass Interference 5
Personal Foul 3
Roughing the Kicker 1
Targeting 2
Unsportsmanlike Conduct 4
09-28-2021 08:30 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

let's talk about "false start."
09-28-2021 08:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.