Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The B1G/PAC/ACC Alliance Update
Bookmark and Share
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
The B1G/PAC/ACC Alliance Update
This is the first article I've seen today regarding the alliance. The official announcement should come later.

B1G, ACC, Pac-12 Alliance CBS

I do like the idea one of the key points of these 3 joining forces is too make sure that college football keeps the student in student athletes and it doesn't just become the NFL lite.
08-24-2021 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

RE: The B1G/PAC/ACC Alliance Update
08-24-2021 01:34 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
So, really, that's it? There's nothing there. No substance.
08-24-2021 01:39 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

08-24-2021 02:03 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

If this does happen the irony in talking about "trust" and how they want the Big XII to survive...
08-24-2021 02:32 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
The reason the Big 12 isn't a part of the alliance is because their will be no BIG 12 after the other 3 raid them.
08-24-2021 04:17 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-24-2021 02:32 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  

If this does happen the irony in talking about "trust" and how they want the Big XII to survive...

If that is how it goes, who we getting, TxTech, Baylor or TCU???

Tech would be my vote, Guns Up!!!

I’m sure TxSt would approve this addition.

04-cheers
08-24-2021 04:21 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
It is hard to imagine Texas Tech falling off the cliff with Baylor and TCU. I would think they bring more to the PAC 12 then OSU or KSU do.
08-24-2021 04:21 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
If this really happened, what a ride to be a TCU fan. To move from the depths of the G5 to the P5 and back down would be a wild.
08-24-2021 04:23 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

(08-24-2021 04:23 PM)slycat Wrote:  If this really happened, what a ride to be a TCU fan. To move from the depths of the G5 to the P5 and back down would be a wild.

The mouse giveth and the mouse taketh. Once media darlings TCU is just another AAC team but we know there’s nothing wrong with being G5.
08-24-2021 04:33 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Wow. So if this plays out, will those leftover all join the AAC or will some opt for the MWC?

Also, if that plays out SBC should definitely invite Marshall and USM ( or what combo of 2 that improves football and basketball/baseball) would also like to add teams that sponsor men's soccer to help bring that back.
08-24-2021 05:20 PM
Advertisement

TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
does Keith Gill approach this with the viewpoint of weakness and let other make things happen, OR does he approach it from a position of STRENGTH?

Look, the B1G/PAC12/ACC (plus Notre Dame) have essentially created a non-conference scheduling alliance. 2 Non-conference games per year against the other 2 conferences.

Initially, this has no effect. Long-term, this starves the SEC from options for non-conference scheduling. THIS is where the SBC can approach the SEC with STRENGTH, and sell the idea of each SEC school schedules one SBC non-conference each year and other considerations.

This type of alliance can also help the SEC in it's bid to expand the playoffs as it would give them a supporting voice/vote (in exchange for the games).

Does the Sun Belt Conference take a position of STRENGTH or WEAKNESS?
08-24-2021 06:08 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

(08-24-2021 05:20 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Wow. So if this plays out, will those leftover all join the AAC or will some opt for the MWC?

Also, if that plays out SBC should definitely invite Marshall and USM ( or what combo of 2 that improves football and basketball/baseball) would also like to add teams that sponsor men's soccer to help bring that back.

The AAC has a better contract but Texas Tech is closer to the MWC teams. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The PAC-12 may take TTU, KSU, OKST, and a surprise at 4. Doubt it, but it could happen.
08-24-2021 06:36 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
OOC schedules are made so far out into the future, by time this handshake agreement can even be effective things will be completely different. And if signed “ironclad” contracts can’t stop schools from screwing each other’s, what are they going to do to each other while they look each other in the eyes???
08-24-2021 08:12 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
(08-24-2021 08:12 PM)Usajags Wrote:  OOC schedules are made so far out into the future, by time this handshake agreement can even be effective things will be completely different. And if signed “ironclad” contracts can’t stop schools from screwing each other’s, what are they going to do to each other while they look each other in the eyes???

Contracts mean nothing to the power conferences. If a Power Conference school doesn't want to play a contracted game, they'll weasel their way out. Just ask Arkansas State and the city of Jonesboro, who were victimized by the wealthy, privileged private school from Miami, Florida a few years back.
08-24-2021 08:20 PM
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
Welp, good luck getting future games with either of those conferences now.
08-24-2021 10:07 PM
Advertisement

AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA
(08-24-2021 06:08 PM)TheOriginalBigApp Wrote:  does Keith Gill approach this with the viewpoint of weakness and let other make things happen, OR does he approach it from a position of STRENGTH?

Look, the B1G/PAC12/ACC (plus Notre Dame) have essentially created a non-conference scheduling alliance. 2 Non-conference games per year against the other 2 conferences.

Initially, this has no effect. Long-term, this starves the SEC from options for non-conference scheduling. THIS is where the SBC can approach the SEC with STRENGTH, and sell the idea of each SEC school schedules one SBC non-conference each year and other considerations.

This type of alliance can also help the SEC in it's bid to expand the playoffs as it would give them a supporting voice/vote (in exchange for the games).

Does the Sun Belt Conference take a position of STRENGTH or WEAKNESS?

The SEC doesn't have a reason to give a damn about this to be honest.
08-24-2021 10:09 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I believe A5 (A4 future) games vs FCS will become more and more scarce because a FBS mid-major win vs Georgia Southern is going to be one of the small differences if a team's schedule is being compared and the other team's non-A4 win is Furman or UT-Martin, for example. Especially if we are looking at two teams fighting for the last spot and they have the same record.
08-24-2021 10:12 PM
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU
The separation is continuing. Who will survive and make the final cut for big time college football?

On the alliance, why would you want to disconnect with the SEC? The SEC has most of the top rated teams by play or eyeballs. If the 3 dont play any SEC games this group will soon be considered DII and some will be looking to gain admittance to the SEC.
Isnt this group just as evil as the SEC since Big XII schools (and all others) were not invited to their party? I have came to accept no schools below P5 are of any concern to these plans.
08-25-2021 07:18 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
The good news is anyone that is a "fan" of the NCAA is a loser.
08-25-2021 07:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.