Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Two Karens in central park
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Two Karens in central park
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-rea...ntral-park

Author, former member of Westboro Baptist Church, recounts why the birdwatcher/dog walker incident in Central Park disturbs him.
08-05-2021 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Two Karens in central park
There are a few details about the birdwatcher's previous confrontations that I have never seen reported before.
08-05-2021 04:10 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(08-05-2021 04:10 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-rea...ntral-park

Author, former member of Westboro Baptist Church, recounts why the birdwatcher/dog walker incident in Central Park disturbs him.

Interesting article. Good reporting. Thanks for posting.
08-05-2021 05:36 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(08-05-2021 04:10 PM)bullet Wrote:  There are a few details about the birdwatcher's previous confrontations that I have never seen reported before.

Interesting that one of the most "damning" issues, of her stating his race multiple times on 911 was due to a poor cell phone connection.

But still, from his perspective, he did indeed hear her appear to focus on that detail, not knowing the signal issue. Its almost a comedy of errors gone awry.
08-06-2021 05:50 AM
Advertisement

HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
They are both Karen’s for sure. The guy was a male Karen and I have zero doubt he was the kind of Karen who enjoyed telling people to put their dogs on leashes.

I also can can sympathize somewhat with the lady. Not the way she acted in the situation, but I don’t think she deserved to be doxed and have her life ruined.

Having said all that, she is trying to change the narrative now because her life is ruined. The video doesn’t lie and no matter how some people might want to change the narrative around this story, I don’t buy it for two reasons:

1. She is going around in interviews playing up how scared and threatened she felt, and has all kinds of claims about how the guy was acting before the recording started. Hard to play the “scared woman alone in the park” card when she was getting in his face, escalating and dragging out the situation. She was mad, not scared.

2. I don’t care that she described him to the 911 operator. That doesn’t change the fact that said to the guy, just her and him, that she was going to call the police and say an African American man was threatening her. That’s not a normal thing to say, and it’s pretty obvious why she said it. Does she deserve death threats and a ruined life? Not at all. She’s not thr innocent victim either.
08-06-2021 08:05 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
Eff that B... As a dog owner/trainer who spends a LOT of time in parks walking dogs, people who let their dogs off their leash are effing a**holes. Now, granted, I don't confront them about it. But if one of their offleash dogs come running up to my dogs, I am preparing to physically restrain their dog.

All it takes is for one incident to go bad to cause major problems with a dog. A nice, friendly, loveable dog gets attacked by another dog and they are then dog aggressive. Takes years to train them out of it, all because some entitled piece of IT thinks they shouldnt have to follow the rules everyone else does.

At the same time.. I do think he "threatened" the dog.. something like..

"Ma'am, you need to put your dog on it's leash"

"No, he is fine"

"Oh? Ok, come here puppy, want some of these poisoned treats?"

freaks out..
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2021 10:00 AM by memtigbb.)
08-06-2021 09:58 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
I thought this thread would be about Dr. Jill and Heels Up meeting to resolve their issues.
08-06-2021 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(08-06-2021 09:58 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  Eff that B... As a dog owner/trainer who spends a LOT of time in parks walking dogs, people who let their dogs off their leash are effing a**holes. Now, granted, I don't confront them about it. But if one of their offleash dogs come running up to my dogs, I am preparing to physically restrain their dog.

All it takes is for one incident to go bad to cause major problems with a dog. A nice, friendly, loveable dog gets attacked by another dog and they are then dog aggressive. Takes years to train them out of it, all because some entitled piece of IT thinks they shouldnt have to follow the rules everyone else does.

At the same time.. I do think he "threatened" the dog.. something like..

"Ma'am, you need to put your dog on it's leash"

"No, he is fine"

"Oh? Ok, come here puppy, want some of these poisoned treats?"

freaks out..

I walk 3 of my dogs around my neighborhood just about every morning. Since 2018 I have had 6 different loose dog incidents. One threw its owner to the ground and was hit and killed by a truck as it tried to cross a semi busy thru street. One's leash broke but stopped 15 feet before meeting my guys. Its owner was then able to grab it.

I had a loose puppy come up to my guys last summer. With the help of a walker was able to get it back to my place. Had no chip or collar. Pretty sure I found its owner on Pawboost, but they never responded when I told them I had their dog. After 10 days of no response from them I set about trying to find a home for her. No friends or family were interested. Also talked to some rescue groups. During this time I'm watching her thrive with my guys. So now I have 4 dogs.

My other three incidents involve dogs popping out of garages. Two dogs popped out under a slightly closed garage door. They got as close as about ten feet then I used my air horn, which alerted their owner, who called them back into the garage.

These next two have occurred in the last 3 months. This big husky kind of dog came shooing out, stopped saw my three dogs (2 Australian cattle dog mixes and Sheppard mix, medium sized dogs) The husky then barreled right into all three. The women owner then came running out. No nipping or biting occurred, the husky just wanted to play I think. As the owner and I pulled them apart, she got knocked to the ground by her dog. I pulled my guys to three houses away and stopped to make sure the owner got herself and her dog back inside. Once inside I left. The latest incident involved a couple returning from a walk with their dog and going into their garage. I'm on the other side of the street. As we go buy, the dog come shooting out of the garage. I stop my guy and let the owners call it back.

I carry an airhorn, dog deterrent spray, small taser, ultrasonic dog handheld deterrent, 2 spare leashes and yes dog poop bags for a mile and half walk.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2021 12:10 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
08-06-2021 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.