ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ok so what are we going to do about it?
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
Look, I've been a ODU fan for 45 years and I will tell you something very honestly coming from my heart. I think this is the biggest season coming up for our football team in several years and that goes for other sports seasons as well. This is huge, we are getting really good recruits and if it is going to stay that way and if we ever want to go higher up to those conferences during this realignment we have to step up. What are you going to do? We can not have a repeat of the dismal fan attendance we had the last year we played. I was at that game against UTSA and I doubt there was 2500 people there. We didn't play last year as other schools chose to do. We have an almost new stadium and we need to treat this like we did when ODU football first came back. We need to have our tails in the seats. We need to tell our friends,family, co-workers and other alumni. We need to make this our team and get this fan base and our area excited again. We are never going anywhere unless you and I put our money where our mouth is. This is make or break time. I'm gonna step up. What are you gonna do about it?
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2021 05:51 PM by jaybird44.)
08-04-2021 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Ok so what are we going to do about it?
I have my tickets and will be there for every game. I'm 75 now, and getting around is not as easy as it used to be, but I will renew every year until I just cannot do it. Cheers, all!
08-05-2021 10:34 AM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
(08-05-2021 10:34 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I have my tickets and will be there for every game. I'm 75 now, and getting around is not as easy as it used to be, but I will renew every year until I just cannot do it. Cheers, all!

My group will be there too. We have two 77 year olds in our group and two youngins at 67 and a baby of 57 but we will all be there cheering with you Aggie. Go Big Blue!
08-05-2021 03:07 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Ill be making the four hour journey down (and another four back) for most home games again this year.
08-05-2021 03:28 PM
bench jockey Offline
1st String

4 in the stands every home game.
08-05-2021 03:50 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

4 tickets for football and hoops and a bump in donation.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2021 05:28 PM by Monarchist13.)
08-05-2021 05:27 PM
Advertisement

ziggy1 Offline
Special Teams

Season tickets renewed, will similarly be driving down for home games. Go Monarchs!
08-06-2021 12:12 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

My weekends are unfortunately tied up with travel soccer through October. Have some open dates in November and December. If the team is competitive and there is entertainment value, we’ll likely attend the FAU and Charlotte games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-06-2021 06:05 AM
bit_9 Offline

Sadly this is the first year I haven't had season tickets. With a 9 year old playing ball and potentially getting on a travel/select team this fall and my middle child playing pinto now. My wifes photography business now keeps her busy on weekends too. We'll try and make a game or 2 if possible but it does kind of stink. My first 2 basically grew up going to tailgates and basketball games.
08-06-2021 09:18 AM
FearTheLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
(08-05-2021 03:28 PM)monarx Wrote:  Ill be making the four hour journey down (and another four back) for most home games again this year.

Will see you on the road. Keep the ODU flags up!!
08-06-2021 03:56 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

We won't be there this season unfortunately with the new baby we aren't planning 10 hour trips. I will probably be there for a game or two if i get lucky and catch a to-and-fro same day flights from Atlanta to 757. We will definitely be rooting from the couch that is if its on TV or any steamtable source. To the ones making trips, Be Proud and Loud.
08-08-2021 07:30 PM
Advertisement

DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
My group of season tickets is 4, we are ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-08-2021 10:50 PM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

Our group is in until Delta screws it all up ;-)
08-09-2021 07:57 AM
MonarchsWon Offline
2nd String

I've been a Die Hard ODU Fan. I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 for FBALL and 25 years + for BBALL. I fear restricted tailgating, mask mandates and social distancing requirements will soon be required and I won't pay for that. It's ODU's choice on which path they will take. I'm not hopeful.
08-12-2021 04:03 PM
LetsGoODU Offline
1st String

(08-12-2021 04:03 PM)MonarchsWon Wrote:  I've been a Die Hard ODU Fan. I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 for FBALL and 25 years + for BBALL. I fear restricted tailgating, mask mandates and social distancing requirements will soon be required and I won't pay for that. It's ODU's choice on which path they will take. I'm not hopeful.

If they go anywhere near the route they took last year, it could take years to recover the fan base.
08-12-2021 05:17 PM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

(08-12-2021 05:17 PM)LetsGoODU Wrote:  
(08-12-2021 04:03 PM)MonarchsWon Wrote:  I've been a Die Hard ODU Fan. I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 for FBALL and 25 years + for BBALL. I fear restricted tailgating, mask mandates and social distancing requirements will soon be required and I won't pay for that. It's ODU's choice on which path they will take. I'm not hopeful.

If they go anywhere near the route they took last year, it could take years to recover the fan base.

Amen.
08-13-2021 05:58 AM
Advertisement

ziggy1 Offline
Special Teams

(08-13-2021 05:58 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  

Amen.

Not sure how to decipher this, but as for me, not at all opposed to reasonable protocols aimed at helping reduce the spread of a killer virus that wants to mutate into even harder to control variant(s). Having to wear a mask in the stadium where one expects a lot of loud-noise cheers, jeers, and hollering, wouldn't dissuade me one bit from going there to support Monarch Football, which I hope most die-hard ODU Sports fans will choose to accede to. Let's make it work for all!
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021 11:37 AM by ziggy1.)
08-13-2021 11:36 AM
T-Mac Offline
Special Teams

14 seats rocking out every game this season!
08-13-2021 11:50 AM
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
Ok, new challange. Tell me why you are an odu fan true and true and what do you have to say to people that always put down odu and why they should get on the bandwagon
08-28-2021 11:48 AM
TedHead Offline
1st String

(08-13-2021 11:36 AM)ziggy1 Wrote:  
(08-13-2021 05:58 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  

Amen.

Not sure how to decipher this, but as for me, not at all opposed to reasonable protocols aimed at helping reduce the spread of a killer virus that wants to mutate into even harder to control variant(s). Having to wear a mask in the stadium where one expects a lot of loud-noise cheers, jeers, and hollering, wouldn't dissuade me one bit from going there to support Monarch Football, which I hope most die-hard ODU Sports fans will choose to accede to. Let's make it work for all!

Amen!
Got my ODU mask ready to go if needed.
09-01-2021 08:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.